Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

all worrying stuff. i feel bad for wk1 people because sorting it while the festival is live but it HAS to be done. get people to pull all nighters and sort out some crowd flow issues or something.

they have said they are doubling water fountains and hiring more staff. youd hope the 4 days between wk1 and wk2 means they seriously sort out the issues.

Aye hoping by W2 they'll have their shit together, where did you see about doubling of water fountains?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

You don't need to go into the main entrance to get into the auditori.

No I wasn't talking about the "real" entrance of the festival but the "gate" just before which opened at 4 yesterday... I find it weird that there wasn't a clear indication regarding the entrance of the Auditori to attend the first show...!

First timer here. Still had a great day with my partner but echo everything that's been said. 

Positives: music was awesome, so many acts killed it. Dinosaur Jr. and Shadow were outstanding, Tame Impala not bad but a bit ehh. Didn't go to Binance but the Cupra atmosphere was constantly great. 

Absolutely fuck the main stage area. No chance I'm going back to those bars where it's just a one hour crush. At least the other areas had actual queues. 

Water situation is completely inexcusable and dangerous. There's what 3 taps in the whole place? And none in main stage? Nobody selling water and you have to smuggle bottle caps in for tiny bottles? What a shitshow.

Again having a good time but very glad we were prepared with several empty water bottles and smuggled booze. 

I carried through a 500ml bottle of water with the lid in my pocket, drinking it whilst walking through the entrance no problems. I'm taking this as a sign to fill that bottle with vodka today and another in my bag with water since no one checked. We'll see how that goes 😆

18 minutes ago, JB15 said:

How was the front VIP section during the main acts? Was there for a bit during joey badass and thought it was actually pretty good. 

No crowding problems, but my partner queued for exactly one hour for a beer. Toilets dirty and dark. I feel it will be a bit worse tonight, with bigger crowds and people arriving to the festival expecting trouble.  

19 minutes ago, JB15 said:

How was the front VIP section during the main acts? Was there for a bit during joey badass and thought it was actually pretty good. 

Once Charli started I think it got too busy and the bar queue became unbearable. There is no efficiencies.. each bartender does every job and half the time the credit card machine is broken. Probably poor training given by primavera. The individual bartenders look to be working their asses off. Not a huge fan either of how the front of the VIP butts up to the back of GA with people on their phones, talking, etc 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh my. That would be amazing!! 

It has taken a little bit of time but I can start to get hyped again now. 

Yesterday was a real roller-coaster from losing the Strokes to (essentially) gaining Caribou and then the mess inside, but the beautiful highs of Fred Again, in particular. 

I'm gonna need to rest up a little while this afternoon and then try Low. 

Hopefully the new water points and extra staff can help to ease the pressure. 

I’m usually one of the biggest defenders of the festival having had a superb experience year after year after year.

But they’ve messed up the basics. Right royally screwed up.

I can’t see realistically how they can improve things (eg who are they kidding that they’ll be able to get extra staff at no notice!).

I suspect they will learn from their mistakes, go back to what works and next year will be good again but already feel this year is doomed to being comfortably the worst edition.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I’m usually one of the biggest defenders of the festival having had a superb experience year after year after year.

But they’ve messed up the basics. Right royally screwed up.

I can’t see realistically how they can improve things (eg who are they kidding that they’ll be able to get extra staff at no notice!).

I suspect they will learn from their mistakes, go back to what works and next year will be good again but already feel this year is doomed to being comfortably the worst edition.

Gabi is already pass-agg threatening Barca authorities in his interview about how unsupportive they've been; hence the Prima Madrid 23 attempt to call their bluff. I think 2 years of Covid and the logistical and staff problems that are happening everywhere means that Prima has lost the basics just like you say probably due to trying to squeeze every euro out of us. I felt like I'd gone back to an old haunt yesterday to realise it wasn't the same. Such a shame. 

• Upvote 2

I think there's a few simple things that would have made a big difference last night - obviously the extra staff and water points are included there. But there should be standalone water stands, selling boxes/bottles and nothing else. 

You should have water etc at the food stalls too, would make a big difference. 

And I think there should be a few bigger acts down the beach to split the crowd too. If Charlie was down there last night instead of the main stage, the crowd would have been split a bit more. Same for Caribou or Jamie xx, and maybe disclosure tomorrow. 

There's a lot of space to use on the site but a lot of the main stuff seems crammed into the one area. 

13 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Free water points added, from 3 to 6. Water problem solved 😅

Yeah that ain’t gonna make a lick of difference. Glad that they’re trying to fix shit, but there should be tons of water points all over the place and they’re just begging for trouble with that not being the case.