Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, pne094 said:

I sucks that you didnt have a nice experience last night. I have been 8 times (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) and it has been my favorite festival by far every year. Fantastic lineup, nice athmosphere, not crowded etc. The lack of efficient bars has always been an annoying issue, but we have always managed, especially when we knew the tricks (which bars usually is usually less crowded etc). It has also been som hickups and lack of communication over the years, but it has just been a minor, almost charming Primavera-thing.

It got more crowded in 2018/2019, but it was still not an issue, and still the best festival in the world.

I really hope that they manage to somehow make things better today and for the rest of the festival. And that you get to enjoy the festival as it should be. Most importantly, that you guys do not feel unsafe. 

Thanks! I always worry that Glastonbury has ruined me for other festivals and yesterday it didn't take me long to think this doesn't even begin to compare. Which is sad, I was hoping to be blown away! But I'm going to try to stay positive, try to smuggle stuff in, be more strategic.

4 minutes ago, pne094 said:

I sucks that you didnt have a nice experience last night. I have been 8 times (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) and it has been my favorite festival by far every year. Fantastic lineup, nice athmosphere, not crowded etc. The lack of efficient bars has always been an annoying issue, but we have always managed, especially when we knew the tricks (which bars usually is usually less crowded etc). It has also been som hickups and lack of communication over the years, but it has just been a minor, almost charming Primavera-thing.

It got more crowded in 2018/2019, but it was still not an issue, and still the best festival in the world.

I really hope that they manage to somehow make things better today and for the rest of the festival. And that you get to enjoy the festival as it should be. Most importantly, that you guys do not feel unsafe. 

Went to Primavera every year since 2014, in which I fell in love instantly. But don’t you think this year PS has different ambiance (at least week 1 day 1), feel unsafe, a lot of anger and negative emotion and on top of that Bar queue…not for alcohol but common water. I’m afraid this will be next astroworld

Reg the auditori you could always go for the Marina Herlop show before Low, and just stay in the auditori for Low. Will get you 1.5 hours inside the venue instead of one hour in a line.

For Kim Gordon I was in the vip line 35-40 minutes before the show. It was maybe 80 persons in front of me. The regular line was already more than 500 meters I guess. It got me a great seat at row 2.

If Low is something really important and you want a good seat, I would suggest no less than an hour before regardless of ticket type. Might as well go for the Marina Herloop show imo.

• Like 1

Pretty good day for us, all the acts we saw (Kim Gordon, Linda Linda’s, Shygirl, Rina Sawayama, Let’s Eat Grandma & Big Freedia) we’re excellent.

Could forgive the 30 minute wait to get in when we arrived but situation to get in Auditori to see Kim Gordon was a disgrace, bordering on dangerous. A long ‘snake’ queue turned into a ‘free for all’, almost a crush being accessed by people from multiple sides, pushing in and no staff in the queue area to control whatsoever. The staff right at the front of it looked scared.

Bar situation not so bad in ‘bits’ area but poor elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody got any nice/reasonably priced food/restaurant suggestions in the Parc Del Forum area (or a walkable distance)?

Theres a tapas place in the shopping centre, in the outside bit near McDonald's and five guys that's really nice. 

4 minutes ago, Bram said:

Went to Primavera every year since 2014, in which I fell in love instantly. But don’t you think this year PS has different ambiance (at least week 1 day 1), feel unsafe, a lot of anger and negative emotion and on top of that Bar queue…not for alcohol but common water. I’m afraid this will be next astroworld

Im only attending week 2. But feel bad for everyone who didnt enjoy last night and felt unsafe. I have seen 3 positive comments out of 1000+ this morning. I think one of the reasons the athmosphere always has been great at Primavera, is the fact that the festival hasnt been overcrowded and things have run smoothly. When you have to fight your way to get trough bottlenecks, stand in queue unhydrated for 30 min to get water, misses sets to get beers, people of course become more aggressive in general.

I give the organizers the benefit of the doubt here, as they have earned over the years, to somehow fix this quickly so that festival goers at least can enjoy Primavera at 80% quality. The water issue must be a priority for the organizers, I cant see them not fix that one quickly. The queue at the bars will be tougher, but they obvisouly need more staff. The overcrowding however, Im am not sure how they really can fix it, but they must somehow. The peoples safety should obviously be priority number one.

We have already planned for worst case scenario next week: Smuggle alcohol into the site, leave the most busy concerts early, and just not attend all the concerts we orginally wanted to attend. 

4 minutes ago, puckno said:

Reg the auditori you could always go for the Marina Herlop show before Low, and just stay in the auditori for Low. Will get you 1.5 hours inside the venue instead of one hour in a line.

For Kim Gordon I was in the vip line 35-40 minutes before the show. It was maybe 80 persons in front of me. The regular line was already more than 500 meters I guess. It got me a great seat at row 2.

If Low is something really important and you want a good seat, I would suggest no less than an hour before regardless of ticket type. Might as well go for the Marina Herloop show imo.

Today I think I will try to get in the Auditori for Marina Herlop and stay until the end of Autechre. I guess there must be a way to access the Auditori before the opening of the gates so I will investigate this more deeply than yesterday!

So I absolutely loved the music I saw yesterday, Sadly though I must mirror everyone else’s complaints. It’s oversold, that’s the main problem and I can’t see a way they can resolve it. 

I had planned on this being my last Primavera as I am feeling very old. A couple of weeks ago my friends convinced me to go again next year as my stag-do and my last hurrah. It was a very sweet suggestion as they know how much I love it at Primavera but unfortunately today I will be cancelling that plan with them because I just can’t abide by the direction this festival has gone. I’m hoping the drinks situation can get better the next couple of nights and I look forward to seeing more of my favourite bands but the vibe is definitely off and the crowding is too much. Wish it could be like ‘09 again but oh well.

2 minutes ago, chemica said:

Not sure the main stages side by side works when it comes to the changeover for the crowd. 

Bars can’t have been that bad, managed to have 12 Estrellas and then got too pissed and missed DJ Shadow and broke my shades. 

Can I give you my bar order too? You've got it figured out 😅

Agree re the main stages. It's a little distracting during the set too. I wonder how it will work for acts with no major visuals/stage set up. They might look a little lost on there. 

31 minutes ago, puckno said:

Yeah only thing is with Autechre too that means three/four hours in a venue with no water or booze. We got into Kim yesterday with half an hour to queue will see how we go with 45 minutes/an hour before. As I say the queue descended into chaos anyway.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

all worrying stuff. i feel bad for wk1 people because sorting it while the festival is live but it HAS to be done. get people to pull all nighters and sort out some crowd flow issues or something.

they have said they are doubling water fountains and hiring more staff. youd hope the 4 days between wk1 and wk2 means they seriously sort out the issues.

28 minutes ago, Toooom97 said:

Today I think I will try to get in the Auditori for Marina Herlop and stay until the end of Autechre. I guess there must be a way to access the Auditori before the opening of the gates so I will investigate this more deeply than yesterday!

You don't need to go into the main entrance to get into the auditori.