Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

10 minutes ago, Toooom97 said:

I did too! Managed to see everything I wanted from Kim Gordon to Otoboke Beaver (who were excellent by the way!) but I fully understand the concerns of everybody. I was alone, I brought a one-liter water bottle and my own food with me so it saved me from wasting hours queuing...!

How early did you get to the Auditori for Kim? 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

How early did you get to the Auditori for Kim? 

I was at the gates at 15:20, I wanted to go to the Auditori to see Joan Miquel Oliver by curiosity but the guy of the staff I asked didn't know if I could go to the Auditori before the gate opens at 4, so I waited for the opening (I was on the top of the queue) and then I made my way to the Auditori entrance to queue up for Kim Gordon.

When queuing, and initially allowed in (they said doors open at 3pm, let everyone through security and then we had to re-queue) the security guard just glanced in my bag. The second time a different guard felt my bag, pulled out my suncream and put it back in and ushered me through. 

33 minutes ago, Toooom97 said:

Hi everyone!

I don't think I read this on the previous comment but did everybody had to get out of the Auditori after the Kim Gordon show? Or was it possible to stay in? I'm a bit concern about the Low/Autechre situation, can't see myself just walk out of the Auditori after Low and having to queue again to see Autechre...

I think you will be fine - I never actually saw one member of staff oncevwe got inside the Auditori. I don't think they would usher people out afterwards.

1 minute ago, jackmako said:

I think you will be fine - I never actually saw one member of staff oncevwe got inside the Auditori. I don't think they would usher people out afterwards.

Ok fine then!

And if they force us to get out I will hide myself in the restrooms ahah Autechre is one of my top of the fest

Hard to argue that VIP is any better than the normal ticket, and it’s possibly even worse. Sound at the Binance area was crap, at least during SVE, since they turned the stage. VIP area at Mordor is now a considerable distance from the stage, view is much better in front of VIP than actually in it, and the drinks situation was insulting. Guy in front of me went for drinks, got back more than a half an hour later. Same drinks problems at Binance. To add insult to injury, the drinks ‘credit’ is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, since the bars don’t take it. 
In a single day, Primavera has taken all the goodwill that’s been built up over the years, and pissed it up the wall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Messy said:

Letting people bring their own water in would surely be such an easy win for the festival's PR after yesterday's disaster. Or is it a security thing?

Bottles with lids are considered projectiles/dangerous which is the reasoning you’re not allowed to bring them in. I get it, but it fucking sucks, especially given the lack of water fountains and insane queues they constantly had.

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

How long before the start of autechre are you going to be there? I have the feeling it’s gonna be a very long line

We are aiming to get in for Low. Auditori was a shit show getting in for Kim yesterday. We queued for half an hour and then everyone just bundled in a huge crush before another queue. We eventually got in but missed first 10 minutes. The venue wasn't remotely full but they stopped letting people in behind us!

They weren't making people leave afterwards yesterday so our hope is we can stay after Low if we get in. If they try to make us leave it'll be easy enough to pretend to and hang around near toilet for a bit. There's next to no staff inside the venue. Good luck! I'm anticipating it being tough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Did anybody actually manage to use their bar credit? Tried several times and none of the bar staff seemed to know what to do with it or if they even accepted it so I eventually just gave up.

Nope tried it at a bar that it says on the map that takes it , but NADA

The mordor area is dodgy to say the least when it comes to crowd safety. You need to have the area sectioned, with control of the number of people in front sections, and a safe ways to take people out, eg free corridors with guards etc.  The Roskilde accident in 2001 with 9 deads had similar conditions, one large area with the potential for crush from behind.

Yesterday I was at the front vip when the charlie xcx ended. It was a crush from the crowd leaving the concert to the fences on the vip section. Front of vip area became a bottle nect. Quite a few opted to jump over the vip fence in order to escape the squeeze. A kid was crying and got lifted over the fence by others. Anyone who wanted could jump the fence, there were no guards along the fences anyway.

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

The mordor area is dodgy to say the least when it comes to crowd safety. You need to have the area sectioned, with control of the number of people in front sections, and a safe ways to take people out, eg free corridors with guards etc.  The Roskilde accident in 2001 with 9 deads had similar conditions, one large area with the potential for crush from behind.

Yesterday I was at the front vip when the charlie xcx ended. It was a crush from the crowd leaving the concert to the fences on the vip section. Front of vip area became a bottle nect. Quite a few opted to jump over the vip fence in order to escape the squeeze. A kid was crying and got lifted over the fence by others. Anyone who wanted could jump the fence, there were no guards along the fences anyway.

So much THIS. I cannot fathom how there are no corridors, crash barriers etc.

And the next two days usually have more day tickets sold…. This has got disaster written all over it. We will be at the back for any gig there.

51 minutes ago, evilduck said:

This is my first Primavera and I was really sad to see how much of a shit show it was. I’ve been to many Glastos so used to huge crowds and millions of stages, but this feels dangerous and chaotic. We resorted to drinking water from the toilet taps. Had a nice time watching Les Savy Fav and Pavement but kind of dreading today. 

On the up side, we got lucky with the tram timing and it was not packed and a nice comfortable journey home!

Yeah it's my first too and had been told such good things and persuaded my partner to come on that basis. It wasn't cheap either.

Trying to stay positive and make the best of it it but yesterday was challenging and we haven't even really braved the main stages yet.

48 minutes ago, Toooom97 said:

Hi everyone!

I don't think I read this on the previous comment but did everybody had to get out of the Auditori after the Kim Gordon show? Or was it possible to stay in? I'm a bit concern about the Low/Autechre situation, can't see myself just walk out of the Auditori after Low and having to queue again to see Autechre...

We were sat on the top balcony and they just told us to go downstairs. We were leaving anyway but hung around a bit to see how easy it would be to stay for Autechre today. There were hardly any staff in the venue so if even if they did try to make you leave you could easily pretend to and hand around near toilets/stairwell for a bit. This is our plan, altough we want to see Low anyway. Caveat being the guy on after Kim had barely any queues. And who knows if it will work the same way today.

Dreading trying to get in for Low even but my partner really wants to see them so we are going to get there early and try.

They should stagger the bands between the main stages more so that’s there an hour where no one is playing. That would reduce crowds and with all the cancellations they could easily move things around. Also Sharon Van Etten was far too big a crowd for Binance stage. They should do a frantic rejig today n

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's my first too and had been told such good things and persuaded my partner to come on that basis. It wasn't cheap either.

Trying to stay positive and make the best of it it but yesterday was challenging and we haven't even really braved the main stages yet.

The main stages felt a little calmer for me to be honest. Bars still the same situation but a bit more space and better toilets

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did anybody actually manage to use their bar credit? Tried several times and none of the bar staff seemed to know what to do with it or if they even accepted it so I eventually just gave up.

They took 2x the payment for my drinks which was annoying.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I sucks that you didnt have a nice experience last night. I have been 8 times (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) and it has been my favorite festival by far every year. Fantastic lineup, nice athmosphere, not crowded etc. The lack of efficient bars has always been an annoying issue, but we have always managed, especially when we knew the tricks (which bars usually is usually less crowded etc). It has also been som hickups and lack of communication over the years, but it has just been a minor, almost charming Primavera-thing.

It got more crowded in 2018/2019, but it was still not an issue, and still the best festival in the world.

I really hope that they manage to somehow make things better today and for the rest of the festival. And that you get to enjoy the festival as it should be. Most importantly, that you guys do not feel unsafe. 

Edited by pne094
  • Like 2