Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Really hope it's just first night teething problems after a 3 year break.

My Euro festival trip isn't until August but I've been buzzing off how excited everyone on here has been the last few days as they made their way over. Got good friends there too, who are disappointed with the way things have panned out, but all the criticism can't have gone unnoticed so fingers crossed they get things sorted for tomorrow.

Also, can't ever remember so many people posting during a festival, so that's not a good sign either.

mates who are there have tried to make the best of it (the self-service beer place seems to be a go-er once you've got the app and worked it out) but a few are really at the end of their tether after just one night. it's shit if you want beer but even shittier if you don't want to/can't drink booze.

i wonder if there was a problem with staff shortages, coupled with overselling capacity? recipe for disaster if so.

Edited by badsandwich

Just now, badsandwich said:

mates who are there have tried to make the best of it (the self-service beer place seems to be a go-er once you've got the app and worked it out) but a few are really at the end of their tether after just one night. it's shit if you want beer but even shittier if you don't want to/can't drink booze.

i wonder if there was a problem with staff shortages, coupled with overselling capacity? recipe for disaster if true.

seems to be the world over post covid......airport security queues. 40000 hospitality staff short in Ireland too. Was at the frames gig in Dublin on Saturday and couldn't get a beer there either.

Has the pandemic and associated furlough payments etc made young people students etc not be arsed doing entry level jobs for a few quid?

1 minute ago, Rhak said:

Otherwise: hospitality sector has massive problems post covid finding personnel but I have a feeling they just underestimated it all

this is my feeling. customer service has gone to shite everywhere. no-one can get staff to do menial or entry level jobs anymore. 

Edited by Drums Please Fab

2 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Onthe bright side: Loved The Armed & Pavement are putting on an extremely tight greatest hits show (with a deep cut here and there)

My partner is in the pit for Pavement right now (I went to see Gecs) so I'm really glad! Exactly what she was hoping for!

18 minutes ago, Jumbulance said:

If Dino Jr's set is something to go by, it'll be an absolute mare to get anywhere near.

yeah i was prepared to go down a bit earlier to get a decent spot, but i'm more worried that more and more people will try and crowd in as the strokes finish up and i'll end up getting trapped (i have agoraphobia hence why i am already panicking lol)

1 minute ago, Drums Please Fab said:

seems to be the world over post covid......airport security queues. 40000 hospitality staff short in Ireland too. Was at the frames gig in Dublin on Saturday and couldn't get a beer there either.

Has the pandemic and associated furlough payments etc made young people students etc not be arsed doing entry level jobs for a few quid?

i don't know if it's that - did they even have furlough in spain/portugal? lol. you pay crap wages, give people crap conditions to work and sleep in, guess what you get. 

not to mention covid and all sorts of other things could have lead to last minute drop outs. prima organisers can't be short of a few quid, maybe they should try making it an appealing prospect instead of giving the bare minimum for the staff who bear the brunt of being public-facing.

14 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

i wonder if there was a problem with staff shortages, coupled with overselling capacity? recipe for disaster if so.

I fucking hate beer so the rucksack guys and self-serve thing are no good to me. We are going to have to smuggle in.

That said, we've seen some great acts so not all bad at all. We just hiked over to Bits for Let's Eat Grandma and there are no queues at all for the bar here now (bit of a walk though). Tis a different world.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

don't know how they can fix it at short notice..........you can't hire staff overnight

Stop serving mixed drinks would solve a lot. Beer,wine and sorts. Period. Punters pouring pints continuously. Maybe Estrella (on whom this reflects poorly as well) could ship in personnel but doubt that 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jumbulance said:

Aside from them doubling the bar staff (and beer taps) and a few thousand punters getting bored it's difficult to it imagine things getting better overnight.

I hope something can be done to rectify it. Had a very similar experience at Mad Cool and it was addressed on day 2 after so many people complained 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

i don't know if it's that - did they even have furlough in spain/portugal? lol. you pay crap wages, give people crap conditions to work and sleep in, guess what you get. 

not to mention covid and all sorts of other things could have lead to last minute drop outs. prima organisers can't be short of a few quid, maybe they should try making it an appealing prospect instead of giving the bare minimum for the staff who bear the brunt of being public-facing.

Both had similar schemes. It's a systemic problem. Older people have dropped out the labour market and a the young are pushing upwards. Why work casual jobs (bar staff) when you can be one of them?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I fucking hate beer so the rucksack guys and self-serve thing are no good to me. We are going to have to smuggle in.

That said, we've seen some great acts so not all bad at all. We just hiked over to Bits for Let's Eat Grandma and there are no queues at all for the bar here now (bit of a walk though). Tis a different world.

same - i'm not a huge drinker anymore anyway but i can't stomach beer at all. i'd be more than happy just having pop/coffee/water, but they seem to all be even harder to come by at the moment - mate said the coffee stalls have closed already, which doesn't bode well for me making it to 2manydjs next week 😅 have definitely had a 3am coffee before so maybe it's just a temp thing due to staffing issues or something.

mates have said that party island is definitely more like it usually is (/should be), so there is a bit of hope!