Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Jesus, Primavera Instagram is a blood bath right now. Just hundreds upon hundreds of people beyond angry because of drinking queues++.

The bars has always been a comedy at Primavera, but unfortunately this seems to be the edition where it finally fell apart. And I experienced the 2012-crisis where the cashless cards didnt work and almost nobody got any drinks the first day of the festival.

It also sucks that they seemingly has sold too many tickets this year. Queues are one thing, but Im reading posts where people are afraid because of lack of crowd control, even going to the toilets are dangerous

Im going next week, but my expectations are mediocre right now. 

Stay safe everyone, hope you get to enjoy tonight, and that some of the problems are fuxed for day 2.

Edited by pne094
  • Upvote 1

Feels like there wasn’t enough weight on the main stage to take the off the heat elsewhere. Or am I mistaken and was it busy there as well up and till now? Anyways. Apart from the sketchy stuff at Sharon (witnessed it myself. That right hand side entrance is too narrow and the stage is moved up which is stupid) I believe the grounds can handle the crowd. The bars however can’t. You could just have more personnel 

Sounds like a shitshow tonight. Does anyone know how many extra tickets they’re doing per day? I know they increased.

Will have the day next week where all the Strokes tickets roll over from W1 to W2 as well.

Let everyone take in 6 cans each for the rest of the days!

4 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Feels like there wasn’t enough weight on the main stage to take the off the heat elsewhere. Or am I mistaken and was it busy there as well up and till now? Anyways. Apart from the sketchy stuff at Sharon (witnessed it myself. That right hand side entrance is too narrow and the stage is moved up which is stupid) I believe the grounds can handle the crowd. The bars however can’t. You could just have more personnel 

I think that might be it. Got a beer in five minutes during Kacey Musgraves while the bar near the entrance took us nearly an hour.

5 minutes ago, Montag said:

Sounds like a shitshow tonight. Does anyone know how many extra tickets they’re doing per day? I know they increased.

Will have the day next week where all the Strokes tickets roll over from W1 to W2 as well.

Let everyone take in 6 cans each for the rest of the days!

Sounds like 15,000

All the acts we've seen have been amazing but the general organisation (getting into Auditori for us) and the bar queues have really tainted it. Couldn't really be arsed smuggling stuff in but will definitely have to try tomorrow. You basically have to miss a whole set to buy a small drink.

10 minutes ago, Jumbulance said:

Not sure about that, dipped in for a few songs and it was 80% backing track. I know she's done her voice but it seemed to rely completely on the stage show.

could be (haven’t seen her before), but the crowd energy where I stood was fantastic. Truly felt like being back for the first time.

panicking quite a bit thinking about how many extra people will be there for the strokes next friday. really want to see the smile above all else that day but the strokes finishing half an hour before they start, with the potential of fan crossover trying to get into the rayban area is really making me worry.

4 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

nah it’s not allowed 

Belter. Physically can't buy ale and no ciggies either. Basically a straight edge festival.. although I bet in actual straight edge fezzies they have decent toilet and water facilities 😂

• Like 1

know a local there who ive met a few times at prima and just msged him to see what he is saying. he said its a very anxious enviroment , very very busy and nobody can get a drink . massively oversold. stay safe ppl

Edited by TiZuff

34 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

panicking quite a bit thinking about how many extra people will be there for the strokes next friday. really want to see the smile above all else that day but the strokes finishing half an hour before they start, with the potential of fan crossover trying to get into the rayban area is really making me worry.

If Dino Jr's set is something to go by, it'll be an absolute mare to get anywhere near.