Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Can't be too surprised about the Strokes but it's a big shame for those mostly going for them. 

I'm actually pretty content with the Mogwai addition and the fact that I can now see Earl and Gizzard and not have to go to sala apolo Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So I guess I will finally see The Strokes in 2023 then? Gutted.

Nah they’re still doing the second weekend - just not tomorrow unfortunately. 

Sorts out the Jamie/Caribou clash for me, and I’m guessing Mogwai won’t be mad busy so can leave Jamie early and see some of that too. Not all bad, although I am gutted for those just doing weekend 1 as that’s a major blow. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Nah they’re still doing the second weekend - just not tomorrow unfortunately. 

Sorts out the Jamie/Caribou clash for me, and I’m guessing Mogwai won’t be mad busy so can leave Jamie early and see some of that too. Not all bad, although I am gutted for those just doing weekend 1 as that’s a major blow. 

Jamie isn't supposed to play Mordor anyway, it's a bloody DJ set (pretty sure he replaced Brockhampton). Caribou on the Ray-Ban was the perfect scenario and they shat it.

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Jamie isn't supposed to play Mordor anyway, it's a bloody DJ set (pretty sure he replaced Brockhampton). Caribou on the Ray-Ban was the perfect scenario and they shat it.

Yeah you’re not wrong about that - Caribou at Cupra would’ve been incredible so it’s a shame that’s been lost (although Mogwai there will also be brilliant and now relatively clash free, so I suppose I’ll take it given the circumstances). 

1 hour ago, Float said:

Caribou bumped up to Main stage to replace Strokes

Mogwai doing a second set in Caribou old slot on Rayban

I don't care for the Strokes but this is an absolutely horrible change, Caribou at the Cupra stage would have been perfect, now they just created another clash for me and I won't be seeing Caribou either... I get that it's difficult to organise the timetable but Friday was the day with the most acts that I wanted to see and they messed up the schedule so much that now I won't be able see half of them.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

This edition is just doomed. They should have replaced ma, now the cumulative effect makes the weekend  just not primavera sound level 

It's still a phenomenal lineup that's better than 99% of festivals out there, and IMO better than a significant number of old PS editions

Just now, birchtree29 said:

Auditori Rockdelux at 17:30

Yeah, I’m going blind. 
thanks for that. 

Waiting in the queue, well the second attempt of a queue. Let everyone in past the fencing, then told everyone they done it too early. So everyone has to queue back up