Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, arcuse said:

So, do we now have to have a bracelet or not and more importanly when. Is there going to be an opportunity to already get yours on Wednesday or do you have to wait till Thursday? Like.. why are they not communicating about that.

As far as I know, the wristband is just for show. There are gigs on the Wednesday night so you don't need it get into them by the sounds of it, just the AccessTicket validated ticket thing.

1 hour ago, mynameismatt said:

i mean yeah that’s what I thought! Maybe just people were put off by the sound. Also Matt has famously struggled with lyrics anyway so I’ll put it down to nerves and getting back into it

I second that emotion! I saw them in Pamplona and Matt was very subdued…maybe due to just drinking water and not the usual tequila.But the other guys looked very into it.

Struggling with my MH last few days and anxiety ruining pre festival excitement. 

Fainted on Saturday night when going for a mid sleep wee, and so worried to be away from my wife for a few days, and also worried with lack of water facilities at the grounds combined with hot weather will cause it again. 

Also getting concerned about Gatwick and Vueling. Suffering from plantar fasciitis too so this could be a tough few days 

Really hoping I can relax and enjoy the festival that I’ve been excited about for two years, feeling a bit sh1t 😞

1 hour ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Exciting to see how some of you are already travelling and getting started with it. For us in W2 there are still a few more days left.

Have a great time everyone and please come back and let us know how it goes!

Not coming back😁

9 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Struggling with my MH last few days and anxiety ruining pre festival excitement. 

Fainted on Saturday night when going for a mid sleep wee, and so worried to be away from my wife for a few days, and also worried with lack of water facilities at the grounds combined with hot weather will cause it again. 

Also getting concerned about Gatwick and Vueling. Suffering from plantar fasciitis too so this could be a tough few days 

Really hoping I can relax and enjoy the festival that I’ve been excited about for two years, feeling a bit sh1t 😞

Hey dude, sorry to hear this. I suffer from anxiety a bit too and know how much it can ruin excitement. I've not been before but from what I understand there are plenty of water points around the festival so as long as you take an empty bottle (hiding the lid!) you shouldn't get too dehydrated.

A lot of people are freaking out about the flying part, but I honestly don't think it will be that bad for most people. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take it easy, take rests and be kind to yourself 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, JB15 said:

You've got this. 

• Like 3

Possibly looking to tap a bit of local knowledge here. I’ve been to Barca before and done some touristy bits but didn’t have time for much drinking in the eves (other than with dinner)

My friends and I are going to be staying in and apartment near the Palau de la musica.

any idea for any good bar squares where we could catch a few drinks on the Wednesday eve? Would we be best looking at somehere in gothic quarter ?

also any good tips for a bar that would show the Wales v Scotland/Ukraine football match on Sunday which would be 6pm local time. There is a Spain match on that day but not until 8.45pm so shoudlnt be a direct clash 

If people are really struggling Friday night, Tame Impala is doing a DJ set 40 mins down the road from the forum for 17 euros. Unfortunately just says "00:30-06:00" no specific time for him. 

I dunno who would be going to PS Friday that would choose to leave but the option is there

https://dice.fm/event/gena5-kevin-parker-tame-impala-dj-set-marc-piol-3rd-jun-sala-apolo-barcelona-tickets

55 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Possibly looking to tap a bit of local knowledge here. I’ve been to Barca before and done some touristy bits but didn’t have time for much drinking in the eves (other than with dinner)

My friends and I are going to be staying in and apartment near the Palau de la musica.

any idea for any good bar squares where we could catch a few drinks on the Wednesday eve? Would we be best looking at somehere in gothic quarter ?

also any good tips for a bar that would show the Wales v Scotland/Ukraine football match on Sunday which would be 6pm local time. There is a Spain match on that day but not until 8.45pm so shoudlnt be a direct clash 

Right round the corner from the Palau is a beautiful place called Antic Teatre. It's down a little alley and up some small stairs. Inside there's a beautiful courtyard full of tables. Great place and great vibe. Highly recommend. 

Also Placa Reial isn't far from you. It gets a bad rap for being a touristy spot but it's beautiful and there's some great bars/venues there. I recommend Ocaña. They have drag queens hosting the door and they're perfectly grumpy and fabulous. 

If you want to explore the Born neighbourhood you're already in, head down to Passeig Del Born and there's heaps of nice bars you can enjoy. There's a place near there called Bormuth that is great for drink(especially vermouth) and tapas. 

Got heaps more recommendations if you need em but this will get you started.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rhak said:

I saw a twitter post talking how he was having a hard time with his weight issues. Primavera account reacted to it, class act. 

I was checking his Twitter to see if he was going this year, won't be the same without him down the front!  Screw Massive Attack, no Big Jeff I'll be gutted!

Just now, RaphPH said:
Due to a member of the band testing positive for covid, we will be canceling our show tonight in St. Augustine. We are extremely sorry that we will be unable to play. Please contact the venue for any questions regarding refunds.

Oh no! Although that would ease my clash with The National, I was still hoping to catch a bit of them.

They played on the 29th so with them (presumably) testing then and being negative, there's surely no way they can make PS. 

I wonder how Georgia is doing because those two dropping would mean a very empty Cupra. That day is clash hell for me so selfishly I'd love to see a big timetable shakeup if needed. 

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They played on the 29th so with them (presumably) testing then and being negative, there's surely no way they can make PS. 

I wonder how Georgia is doing because those two dropping would mean a very empty Cupra. That day is clash hell for me so selfishly I'd love to see a big timetable shakeup if needed. 

I'm supposed to be seeing them in London on the 13th so really hope they recover by then!