Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Just seen Dinosaur Jr at the Barcelona airport. That's it just wanted to share

Awesome. We're seeing plenty of acts before them but for me a Dinosaur Jr. sundown set is the real festival kick-off. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Just so you know. We arrived at Bristol Airport three hours early. Massive queues for check in so do it online/in app if you can. However, it was 5 minutes to get through security. Only seen one cancelled flight today and hardly any delays. Just waiting on our flight now so fingers crossed it leaves on time.

Did you have bags to check in? I’d originally purchased hold luggage but might add large cabin bag instead if that makes things easier.

2 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

The National’s set list from last night looks exciting but there are a couple of very negative comments about whether they wanted to be there. Seen them enough to know they’re hit and miss anyway, so hopefully they cheer up by Friday

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeMov5uvues/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Think if they weren't keen on touring again they wouldn't come out and play 3 new songs no?

3 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

The National’s set list from last night looks exciting but there are a couple of very negative comments about whether they wanted to be there. Seen them enough to know they’re hit and miss anyway, so hopefully they cheer up by Friday

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeMov5uvues/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like they just had sound issues. As someone who has experienced the same (on a MUCH smaller stage), it can really affect your mood for playing the gig to be fair

14 hours ago, BenG92 said:

About £6.60 / pint when you rack it up, if my maths checks out. Not quite UK arena prices but still not great. Won't be drinking much at all beyond the tequila I smuggle in. 

Important to keep in mind Estrella Damm is 5.4%. In the UK you're getting alcohol between 4-5% in arenas and venues. This way, you'll get just as drunk and won't have to pee as much. 

I noticed the PS app has some sweet location functionality within the app so you can alert friends as to where you are/where you will be in 5 mins.

Sounds great, doesn't seem to work. Once you share the URL of your location there is seemingly no way of it being then opened within the app itself and the location being seen.

Anyone tested this more successfully than I?

Edited by BA_Barrabus

31 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think if they weren't keen on touring again they wouldn't come out and play 3 new songs no?

i mean yeah that’s what I thought! Maybe just people were put off by the sound. Also Matt has famously struggled with lyrics anyway so I’ll put it down to nerves and getting back into it

I'm sitting in the TGV from Paris to Barcelona, spotting other potential festival goers. There's the dude in leather jacket and Dead Moon t-shirt, the guy with the Yard Act shirt and another with a Rock en Seine shirt. I can feel it kicking in, the Primavera fever 😄

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, mortand said:

I'm sitting in the TGV from Paris to Barcelona, spotting other potential festival goers. There's the dude in leather jacket and Dead Moon t-shirt, the guy with the Yard Act shirt and another with a Rock en Seine shirt. I can feel it kicking in, the Primavera fever 😄

After 5 years of PS, I know virtually half the plane when I'm boarding 😄 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, puckno said:

I was having tapas at Canas Y Tapas, outside on the Diagonal Mar shopping centre, Primavera Sound 2013. J Mascis on the table next to me. Didn't have the guts to ask for a selfie, wanted to leave them alone.

image.png.b3206392bb295bc997c16115557262ab.png

man, i was the same with big jeff at TGE last month....

IMG_9113.jpg

Edited by Ohjesus

Any recommendations of where to hang out to meet festival goers pre festival? Thinking of going to a jazz bar in Gracia tonight but intrigued to if people generally head to one area. First time at prima and solo in Barcelona until friends arrive later in the week. Thanks!

Edited by wedgie