Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

13 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

PS is saying now that wristbands will be required. You would think they'd have things sorted out at this point.

Where are they saying that? We have known for a good time that it still will be wristbands, tho. But that it's just for "show".

Still (I guess recurrent among us) some unsolved scheduling conflict 

charli into the armed into tame impala: I want to see the end of charli and I don’t mind arriving a bit late to tame impala: will I manage to see enough of the armed to be worth it? Maybe yo la tengo fits better since it’s closer?

strokes into caribou or strokes into Jamie into caribou? 

king krule and polachek into Bauhaus vs nick cave into Bauhaus or just Bauhaus 

50 min of beach house into Tyler or choosing one of them: it seems it’s either primavera or nothing for both of them since they don’t have tour dates for this album cycle close to where I live (at the moment)

Already seen einsturzende twice, what can I watch instead? After the caretaker and Jenny hval i don’t see myself staying in the auditorium for the third show in a row

Edited by Whos3000_

1 hour ago, pne094 said:

Week 2 here. Going with my girlfriend this year, which means that it will be the first of the 9 editions where the partying will be limited. Not sure how I feel about that...

As I am also getting old (37 years) I will probably not run from stage to stage this year as I usually did during my heyday. Probably gonna stay at the main stages for most of the three days, and are mostly planning to se the bigger acts this year.

As of now, our timetable looks something like this:

Thurs:
Alex Cameron > Future Utopia > Slowdive > Gorillaz >Dua Lipa (...) > Tyler the Creator > Bicep

Fri:
Clairo > Rigoberta Bandini > Strokes > The Smile/MIA (havent decided)>Run The Jewels.

Wanted to see Bad Boy Chiller Crew, but I have listened to The New Abnormal about 300 times since it came out, and it really seems to work live, so I will have to see Strokes (third time). 

Sat:
Sky Ferreira > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Tame Impala > Phoenix.

The Fred Again/Tame Impala/Angele clash sucks, and I considered dropping Tame Impala (will be my fourth TI-concert). However, as my girlfriend havent seen them, and loves Kevin Parker, I do not have a choice.

As usual things will change based on mood and form, I will probably find other artists I havent heard of before that I suddenly need to check out. We also havent palenned any concerts past 0230, but I suspect that we will keep it going. Megan Thee Stallion at 0200 could be weirdly fun if we keep about 200 meters distance from stage...

The main problem (if any) this year is that being a regular Primavera-attendee, I have allready seen about 80% of the acts we are planning on seeing. If any of you fine people has recommendations regarding acts to see during week 2 I would love to hear them 🙂 I havent been able to do the proper research this year, and as always I suspect there is quite a few diamonds on the undercards.

wow, it is amazing what different festivals people have planned, I only plan to see one of those artists at the forum ... I am sure we will all enjoy whatever we choose

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

charli into the armed into tame impala: I want to see the end of charli and I don’t mind arriving a bit late to tame impala: will I manage to see enough of the armed to be worth it? 

50 min of beach house into Tyler or choosing one of them 

You’ll get to see maybe 20/25 minutes of The Armed if you rush over after Charli

You won’t get in to Caribou if you watch any of Jamie imo - it’s gonna be very busy.

If Bauhaus are your priority then I’d skip Cave and stay over that side of the festival site, so King Krule in to them makes most sense.

And choose one of Beach House Tyler - you’ll just end up missing a bunch travelling between them.

Seeing half of one act and half of another is rarely worth it so you’re always better off just sticking to your guns and choosing one imo. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Always surprises me how many people aren't seeing Tame Impala. Then again it's my first time so maybe I'm just incredibly late to the party and the party ended years ago

Seen them last time they played PS. It was absolutely mobbed and set didn't do much for me so probably dodging this time. It was mostly newer stuff I didn't know as well. I only really like the first 2 albums. 

15 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

charli into the armed into tame impala: I want to see the end of charli and I don’t mind arriving a bit late to tame impala: will I manage to see enough of the armed to be worth it? Maybe yo la tengo fits better since it’s closer?

50 min of beach house into Tyler or choosing one of them: it seems it’s either primavera or nothing for both of them since they don’t have tour dates for this album cycle close to where I live (at the moment)

Already seen einsturzende twice, what can I watch instead? After the caretaker and Jenny hval i don’t see myself staying in the auditorium for the third show in a row

My only input here is to deffo see Cave.

17 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Cave was my favourite set of PS 2018 and I reckon it’s gonna be a very similar performance so given the options, I think I will choose someone else 

Yeah, after thoughtful consideration with pro and cons for almost an hour :), my wife and I (kind of) decided to watch King Krule + Bauhaus instead of Nick Cave BS. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

I hope its there only for the credit we got for keeping 2020 ticket and not all payments are with the app

I wonder if some of the bars will be app only, and others open access to everyone? Seems like a potential mess, but also exactly like something they'd do. 

On 4/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, pipan said:

My wishlist - 10 names limit per day including three personal headliners each day.

Weekend 1:
Day 1: 
Dinosaur Jr / girl in red / Charli XCX 

100 gecs / Carolina Durante / Les Savy Fav / Rina Sawayama / Sharon Van Etten / Hannah Diamond / El Mató A Un Polizia Motorizado

Day 2:
Manel  / The Strokes / The National  

Beach Bunny / Weyes Blood / Parquet Courts / Caribou / Georgia / Pabllo Vittar / Cariňo

Day 3:
Beach House / Gorillaz / Die Katapult 

Guineu / Boy Harsher / Las Ligas Menores / Porridge Radio / Bauhaus / Alizzz / Disclosure 

Weekend 2:
Day 1:

Gorillaz / Alex Cameron / Charli XCX 

Metronomy / Perfume / Khruangbin / Interpol / Dua Lipa / Rata Negra / El Mató A Un Polizia Motorizado

Day 2:

The Strokes / Rigoberta Bandini / Bleachers  

Lorde / Menta / Courtney Barnett / Japanese Breakfast / Triángulo de Amor Bizzaro / CMAT / Danny L Harle

Day 3:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever / Angele 

Ela Minus / Confeti de Odio / Molchat Doma / Phoenix / Fred Again.. / Sky Ferreira / King Princess

A La Ciutat:

L'Imperatrice

Boy Pablo / Magdalena Bay / P.C. MUSIC presents: Acid Angel

I shouldn't have posted this. Now it feels like some kind of doom-bingo. Every day one name down (or at least possibly down).

I'm not saying I won't enjoy the festival and I'm not complaining about the lack of replacements. Of course I can think of replacements that could make me happy, but generally, no replacement is good enough to replace an artist I couldn't wait to see for one or two years.

And now, when Georgia was mentioned, I'm just really starting to feel that I'm one the most unfortunate attenders, cancellation-wise.

And I'm aware that there is a big chance of some of these acts to be there at the end, but the last few days, it was really one name from my list per day. And even on the day King Gizzard (not on my list) was mentioned as possibly being cancelled, there was a second name that day - Bleachers.

So in my mind, I'm sure I will have the best time, like I had at all my three Primaveras before. However, the mood right now is completely different than the usual beyond-excitement-feeling. Hopefully it changes once I'm in Barcelona (Wednesday evening).

15 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Drink prices are up on Access Ticket app. Dunno if this is the full range. Also has soft drinks for €3 and water for €2.

Where you seeing this? I swear there's no "home" area on this stupid thing it's just my ticket and settings

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

I shouldn't have posted this. Now it feels like some kind of doom-bingo. Every day one name down (or at least possibly down).

Charli is playing tonight in Berlin so there's a very good chance she's better now and will be playing W1. Strokes and Georgia not confirmed out yet. Chin up. 

Just now, lighthouse said:

So Nick Cave now plays 2 hours instead of 1,5 hours. 

That’s going to be a massive set for the books.

Yeah thought they would do, that gap was too suspicious. Will be the same in Porto. Also the same for Gizzard on Sunday (90 mins). 

17 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I wonder if some of the bars will be app only, and others open access to everyone? Seems like a potential mess, but also exactly like something they'd do. 

Looking at the map it looks like select bars are offering the app payment option, with some being the old school cash or card.

I know which bars I'll be going to once my credit runs dry!