Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

12 minutes ago, Beached House said:

Hi everyone. Random question, my wife is recovering from a broken foot  and is a little worried about the crowds, so we are going to bring a wheelchair. Does anyone know if you have to declare this to the organisers ahead of arrival? Thanks in advance!

There is a faq on reduced mobility on the website. I have mobility issues and they have asked me to bring a medical certificate from my doctor and show it at the VIP entrance on the first day of the festival. You will then receive a wristband allowing you to use their facilities like a separate entrance and reduced mobility toilets.

17 minutes ago, Beached House said:

Hi everyone. Random question, my wife is recovering from a broken foot  and is a little worried about the crowds, so we are going to bring a wheelchair. Does anyone know if you have to declare this to the organisers ahead of arrival? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear that – hope she recovers soon! I don't have any experience of Primavera specifically, but my ex was a wheelchair user and it was generally always a good idea to let them know ahead of time, not least because there are often handy perks such as easier access to certain stages, viewing platforms etc etc. I'd send an email.

8 minutes ago, festiall said:

Website and app down for me right now? Can we expect a final announcement to tell of any line up changes before Thurs?

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear a yes/no about The Strokes until Wednesday. It's probably gonna be very tight. 

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Hope you just accidentally typed your days wrong and haven't booked the wrong flights/hotels 😅

Wednesday:
Linda Lindas > Wet Leg > Teto Preto > Rina Sawayama

Thursday:
Faye Webster > Dinosaur Jr > Charli XCX > Tame Impala > Pavement > DJ Shadow

Friday:
Low > Autechre > Beck > National > Strokes > Cairbou

Saturday:
Mavis Staples > Jawbox > Nick Cave > Gorillaz > Tyler > Disclosure 

Sunday:
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

And bits of other bands in between where we can. Headliners eat up most of my time but the only one I've seen before is The Strokes which is why PS22 is so huge for me.

Week 2 here. Going with my girlfriend this year, which means that it will be the first of the 9 editions where the partying will be limited. Not sure how I feel about that...

As I am also getting old (37 years) I will probably not run from stage to stage this year as I usually did during my heyday. Probably gonna stay at the main stages for most of the three days, and are mostly planning to se the bigger acts this year.

As of now, our timetable looks something like this:

Thurs:
Alex Cameron > Future Utopia > Slowdive > Gorillaz >Dua Lipa (...) > Tyler the Creator > Bicep

Fri:
Clairo > Rigoberta Bandini > Strokes > The Smile/MIA (havent decided)>Run The Jewels.

Wanted to see Bad Boy Chiller Crew, but I have listened to The New Abnormal about 300 times since it came out, and it really seems to work live, so I will have to see Strokes (third time). 

Sat:
Sky Ferreira > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Tame Impala > Phoenix.

The Fred Again/Tame Impala/Angele clash sucks, and I considered dropping Tame Impala (will be my fourth TI-concert). However, as my girlfriend havent seen them, and loves Kevin Parker, I do not have a choice.

As usual things will change based on mood and form, I will probably find other artists I havent heard of before that I suddenly need to check out. We also havent palenned any concerts past 0230, but I suspect that we will keep it going. Megan Thee Stallion at 0200 could be weirdly fun if we keep about 200 meters distance from stage...

The main problem (if any) this year is that being a regular Primavera-attendee, I have allready seen about 80% of the acts we are planning on seeing. If any of you fine people has recommendations regarding acts to see during week 2 I would love to hear them 🙂 I havent been able to do the proper research this year, and as always I suspect there is quite a few diamonds on the undercards.

6 hours ago, frankburns said:

Still no announcement about tickets for concerts at Auditori (e.g. Low). Maybe it will be first-come-first-served...

I asked PS about the auditori-situation, and they have just sent me an answer:

No tickets, but the audience "should exit after one band has finished".

5 minutes ago, frankburns said:

I asked PS about the auditori-situation, and they have just sent me an answer:

No tickets, but the audience "should exit after one band has finished".

That "should" isn't very helpful - if I don't HAVE to leave after Low, I won't 🤣