Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, ConfidenceMan said:

Does anyone have any pre-9pm tips for Saturday of weekend 1? I've got Porridge Radio and Mavis Staples and then a bit of a gap. You were very kind in filling my Thursday right up for me, so let's see if we can do the same here!! 😁

If you're going to see Mavis Staples and then your next programme starts at 9 p.m., I don't think there is much of a gap to fill (depends on where do you go next - Mordor / BITS / central area).

However, this early W1 Saturday I'm planning to see local bands - Guineu (right before Porridge Radio and on the neighbouring  stage) and Die Katapult (however, they're not campatible with seeing Mavis Staples).

Some good tips - thanks all. 

The Caretaker is interesting. I'm getting SURVIVE vibes? Strange time - would strike me as a great 2am Pitchfork stage act! 

Mavis isn't a banker for me, just the most likely at the moment because I'm unfamiliar with the rest but I'll dig now. 

Les Amazons d'Afrique might need to be on there. I'm really liking the sound of this! 

And it's a real shame about Black Country New Road. The album from this year is great. 

For anyone who's planning on seeing Fontaines D.C. at Mordor, I can report they were on good form at Brighton Chalk last night. Did a 1 hour set, outstore gig for Resident Music. Could well be the same set at Primavera as they're scheduled for 1 hour. Draws heavily on Skinty Fia, which on reflection I think could be their best album to date.

5 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Some good tips - thanks all. 

The Caretaker is interesting. I'm getting SURVIVE vibes? Strange time - would strike me as a great 2am Pitchfork stage act! 

Mavis isn't a banker for me, just the most likely at the moment because I'm unfamiliar with the rest but I'll dig now. 

Les Amazons d'Afrique might need to be on there. I'm really liking the sound of this! 

And it's a real shame about Black Country New Road. The album from this year is great. 

BCNR are still playing right? You just mean it's a shame about the singer leaving?

If you like rap, Rapsody should be pretty good pre-9pm

19 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Mavis alternative is Rapsody who is one of the best female rappers on the planet. I'm really annoyed about that clash.

That said, Mavis is 82. I would catch her while you can. 

30 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Birmingham Airport seems to be potluck right now. Four hour queues through security a fortnight ago, now down to a few hours (usually), with the occasional day an hour better or worse. Arrivals are a shambles though.

That’s interesting to know. I fly from Birmingham on Wednesday lunchtime. I’m only travelling from Wolverhampton, but looks like I’ll need to head to the airport earlier than planned. Thanks for the info. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, adforperu said:

BCNR are still playing right? You just mean it's a shame about the singer leaving?

If you like rap, Rapsody should be pretty good pre-9pm

Yeah BCNR are still there. And could still be v good, but they've said they won't play their old music so it's all new stuff. So, a shame as I really liked this year's album, but might still be worth a go. 

Gonna listen to Rapsody next. Thanks folks. Loads of recommendations! 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Yeah BCNR are still there. And could still be v good, but they've said they won't play their old music so it's all new stuff. So, a shame as I really liked this year's album, but might still be worth a go. 

Gonna listen to Rapsody next. Thanks folks. Loads of recommendations! 

Ok, had me worried then haha.  Yeah for sure, will be cool seeing all new stuff though!

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Mavis alternative is Rapsody who is one of the best female rappers on the planet. I'm really annoyed about that clash.

That said, Mavis is 82. I would catch her while you can. 

Mavis is incredible, saw her at Glasto a few years back. Sadly she's now clashing with Einsturzende Neubauten, who are one of my must-sees!

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mavis is incredible, saw her at Glasto a few years back. Sadly she's now clashing with Einsturzende Neubauten, who are one of my must-sees!

Why on earth are Einstürzende Neubauten on the main stages? If a bad screams Primavera-Stage, its them.

Maybe logistical reasons for all the cutlery involved, but Mordor makes it a no for me.

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Why on earth are Einstürzende Neubauten on the main stages? If a bad screams Primavera-Stage, its them.

Maybe logistical reasons for all the cutlery involved, but Mordor makes it a no for me.

There are some... Funny... Choices all over this line up. 

If they just let us programme it, we'd have it all sorted in no time. 

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I've assumed it's because they make sense as a Bad Seeds support, with the potential for a guest appearance at one or the other's sets. Which one is the Primavera stage?

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

You will almost always hear about the horror stories much more than you'll hear about the people getting through fine - seen plenty of both recently. Just make sure you're nice and early (3 hours or so) for your flights

Yeah got email from Ryanair to say get there 3 hours before the flight . My flight is 6.20 am 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've assumed it's because they make sense as a Bad Seeds support, with the potential for a guest appearance at one or the other's sets. Which one is the Primavera stage?

Primavera is now Binance, I think. 

I'm gonna need to revise those changes before I turn up on Thursday. 

11 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Tyler and Jorja both have very short sets for main stage, probably something to do with that. Not sure who else would slot there to fill it up. Idles would probably be the next best choice. 

Just now, ConfidenceMan said:

Primavera is now Binance, I think. 

I'm gonna need to revise those changes before I turn up on Thursday. 

Cheers! As it's my first time I keep getting confused by the old names. 

1 minute ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Yeah got email from Ryanair to say get there 3 hours before the flight . My flight is 6.20 am 

Yikes! At least it will help you get used to those late nights...

1 hour ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

For anyone who's planning on seeing Fontaines D.C. at Mordor, I can report they were on good form at Brighton Chalk last night. Did a 1 hour set, outstore gig for Resident Music. Could well be the same set at Primavera as they're scheduled for 1 hour. Draws heavily on Skinty Fia, which on reflection I think could be their best album to date.

Top stuff last night. New record sounds really good. Shame there was no Hurricane Laughter mind

What's everyone's weekends looking like?

Mines:

Thursday:

Faye Webster > Les Savy Fav > Dinosaur Jr > Gustaf > The Armed > VTSS Live > 100 Gecs > Black Lips > Black Midi > DJ Shadow > Myd Live

Friday:

Low > Autechre > Evian Christ > Parquet Courts > Kenny Beats > Earl Sweatshirt> King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard > Caribou > Jeff Mills

Saturday:

Porridge Radio> Rapsody > Dreamcatcher > Slowthai > Bauhaus > Gorillaz > Tyler, the Creator > Disclosure > Leon Vynehall 

Edited by deadpheasant
Wrong day names!