Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

If through any change in the program I would be able to see both pavement and 100gecs I’d be very happy. Why on earth people consider a dj set equally important is less obvious to me (rest assured: I’ve had my fair share of clubbing)

4 minutes ago, broccoli said:

question about hand luggage on flights cos ive not been on a plane for years..my backpack is about 10cm wider than ryanair says i can have, but always fits under seats etc. will i be alright just squashing it in?

I think with soft backpacks you are *usually* ok unless it’s ridiculously bigger.

They were being very strict at the gate recently on a Wizz air flight - but mostly seemed to be issues with the hard case/wheeled type bags.

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

Wow would be over the moon with that setlist (obvs with no understanding of quality of new 3 tunes)

pretty light on the last two albums. That works for me though as I prefer the albums before.

Yeah same. The more HV, Boxer, Alligator and TWFM the better. That first run of six songs or so is glorious! Was feeling a bit meh about them as last time I saw them (Glastonbury 2017 I think?) I really didn't enjoy it but this has got me pumped for them.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, broccoli said:

question about hand luggage on flights cos ive not been on a plane for years..my backpack is about 10cm wider than ryanair says i can have, but always fits under seats etc. will i be alright just squashing it in?

I flew with Ryanair two weeks ago and they didn't measure or anything. As long as it fits under the seat you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not if you weren't planning to see Strokes or King Gizzard tbh.

Them and turnstile and girl in red were all on my want to see list. So while I realise there’s plenty to see I still feel gutted. The indie/rock side of the program is getting heavy blows. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I flew with Ryanair two weeks ago and they didn't measure or anything. As long as it fits under the seat you'll be fine.

im choosing to believe this and i will be fine. you lot are always a helpful bunch

Just now, Rhak said:

Them and turnstile and girl in red were all on my want to see list. So while I realise there’s plenty to see I still feel gutted. The indie/rock side of the program is getting heavy blows. 

Yes that's fair enough from your point of view. But you said W1 people are royally fucked. I didn't want to see any of the acts you did so I don't think you can speak for all of us, as sorry as I am for you. Everyone I want to see is still on the lineup and I feel far from fucked over, just excited.

Just now, broccoli said:

im choosing to believe this and i will be fine. you lot are always a helpful bunch

Basically if it's a soft bag then you can get away with it I reckon. Mine was definitely a bit bigger than the ridiculous measurements given. They are arseholes though. I refused to pay extra to guarantee sitting together so we were sat two rows apart, both in the middle seats with empty seats next to us. With other airlines they can't guarantee you sit together but Ryanair guarantee you sit apart! You'll be fine anyway.

Just now, kaytee... said:

That setlist from The National is last night is ideal. They've got so much material now many would still ask for more Alligator etc. but the likes of Trouble Will Find me is close to perfect for me and there's plenty of that

I love that they still closed with the triple threat of Terrible Love, Mr November and Vanderlyle! ❤️

Well a lot of people I know who are going were gutted. 
Some of them would probably add massive attack to that list. You can say what you want but in comparison to weekend 2 (which had more extra acts added as well recently) weekend 1 does get more of the blows. Especially as there’s still a chance that both strokes and gizzy could still show up for weekend 2

Just now, Rhak said:

Some of them would probably add massive attack to that list. You can say what you want but in comparison to weekend 2 (which had more extra acts added as well recently) weekend 1 does get more of the blows. Especially as there’s still a chance that both strokes and gizzy could still show up for weekend 2

I also wanted to see Massive Attack but these things happen and it hasn't ruined my festival. As I say I'm sorry for you that the bands you want to see might cancel (not all confirmed yet), I just don't think you can speak for all of us that's all. I hope for your sake King Gizz and Strokes still play.

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Hey, there’s also a chance strokes and gizz could still show up for weekend 1.

Scroll back some pages and there were several people ruling Nick Cave out.

Just now, xxialac said:

Hey, there’s also a chance strokes and gizz could still show up for weekend 1.

Scroll back some pages and there were several people ruling Nick Cave out.

Yeah exactly. Nick Cave is my absolute number one and I would have been gutted but I would still have had a great time at the festival either way.