Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What's shitty about the main stages? Genuine question as a newbie!

Eh, I guess you could say it’s a bit soulless and that the masses (and occasionally dickheads) congregate there due to all the big commercial acts playing there, but y’know, no different to most big festivals really.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Eh, I guess you could say it’s a bit soulless and that the masses (and occasionally dickheads) congregate there due to all the big commercial acts playing there, but y’know, no different to most big festivals really.

Yeah sounds fairly standard. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What's shitty about the main stages? Genuine question as a newbie!

Nothing wrong with them, really. Arena is a big open space with a gravel base (now astro turf I believe) so there's not much character to it, but it's no different to any other festival. Difference is how nice some of the other ones are, really - Cupra (formerly Ray Ban) is a beautiful amphitheatre overlooking the sea, Bits is down on the beach etc, so quite different to most festival stages. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

in 2019 it was - in all honestly - very ejnoyable there. The fake-grass makes it possible to sit down, no more dust and because of the large number of performers from diverse music styles the annoying people in the crowd (dude-rock-guys mostly, althoug I admittedly like the same music as them) weren't there so much.

I'm gonna be completely gutted if the Strokes go. Maybe a double act of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Phoenix could soften that blow but they are a bucket list act for me for many years. 

I'm gonna try remain positive (unlike whichever band member has it... Too soon?) and say they'll know the quarantine and entry rules for Spain. So if they can't make it, they know already and it's really in no one's best interests to keep that under wraps. If they remain ill, they may still have to cancel and that's gonna be sad but here's hoping... 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Nothing wrong with them, really. Arena is a big open space with a gravel base (now astro turf I believe) so there's not much character to it, but it's no different to any other festival. Difference is how nice some of the other ones are, really - Cupra (formerly Ray Ban) is a beautiful amphitheatre overlooking the sea, Bits is down on the beach etc, so quite different to most festival stages. 

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

in 2019 it was - in all honestly - very ejnoyable there. The fake-grass makes it possible to sit down, no more dust and because of the large number of performers from diverse music styles the annoying people in the crowd (dude-rock-guys mostly, althoug I admittedly like the same music as them) weren't there so much.

Cheers! Good info. I don't actually think I'll be there all that much, looking at my itinerary, but sounds like it will do the job.

7 minutes ago, elmalash said:

Need to know asap if they cancel, probably won't go without them on the line up 😭

If you're only arriving for one band, wouldn't it make more sense to see one of their headline shows rather than going to a whole festival? Not like The Strokes are a difficult act to catch live too.

Regarding The Strokes If you just recently tested positive in your own country you would need a negative test result + a recovery certificate issued by 'competent authority or by a medical service at least 11 days after the first positive NAAT or rapid antigen detection', if you are to go fully by the book for entry to Spain. At least that is how I interpret the info on these pages https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/ 

5 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

If you're only arriving for one band, wouldn't it make more sense to see one of their headline shows rather than going to a whole festival? Not like The Strokes are a difficult act to catch live too.

They haven't stop in Belgium since 2001 so festivals are good options for us to catch them live. 

16 minutes ago, elmalash said:

Need to know asap if they cancel, probably won't go without them on the line up 😭

Presumably your flights are non-refundable and believe me, you won't shift a W1 ticket for more than 100 euros right now if you're even lucky enough to sell it. Not worth cancelling. 

It‘s all speculation right now. Their last show was a week ago. Nobody knows when the person got the positive test in the first place. Could have been days ago and they were just hoping to make Boston possible. Maybe even NIN’ double duty was a plan B for a few days already.

So maybe the person is over the worst and just is still positive. Julian says on Instagram „we all wanna play but would just be unethical“. So it‘s rather the positive test and not somebody feeling unwell, that keeps them from playing.

Edited by Karlos12345

Yes, I was thinking about this too, we do really not know when the first postive test was

If we go by the '11 days' -  IF their positive test was at Friday May 27 their earliest entry to Spain would be @ Tuesday, 7 June 2022

However previous set prior to May 27 was at a festival 'Corona Capital' (lol) in Mexico May 21. 

The announcement of the positive test and cancellation was from the Boston festival, at the same time as NIN was announced as replacement

So it could be the positive test was a few days earlier, and they spent some time to get the replacement, contracts etc

The Strokes have two sets Friday 3rd and Friday 10th

I would still say the first of these two sets are at high probability of not happen though

We just have to wait and see

21 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

It‘s all speculation right now. Their last show was a week ago. Nobody knows when the person got the positive test in the first place. Could have been days ago and they were just hoping to make Boston possible. Maybe even NIN’ double duty was a plan B for a few days already.

So maybe the person is over the worst and just is still positive. Julian says on Instagram „we all wanna play but would just be unethical“. So it‘s rather the positive test and not somebody feeling unwell, that keeps them from playing.

Good God..probably I’m not in the same boat with the others. But, seeing NIN perform two days in a row with different set list is a win for me

44 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Not like The Strokes are a difficult act to catch live too.

Wait what. I live in Belgium, last time they played here is 2001. They were due to finally return in 2020 at Rock Werchter so I immediately got tickets, but they're absent from this year's lineup. 

You have to visit another country if you want to see them as a Belgian. Which is what I decided to do when buying those Primavera tickets. And why I'm anticipating their show next Friday unlike any other show. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Wait what. I live in Belgium, last time they played here is 2001. They were due to finally return in 2020 at Rock Werchter so I immediately got tickets, but they're absent from this year's lineup. 

You have to visit another country if you want to see them as a Belgian. Which is what I decided to do when buying those Primavera tickets. And why I'm anticipating their show next Friday unlike any other show. 

Let's hope they'll end up playing, but in case they don't make it W1, have you considered day tickets for Best Kept Secret? Pretty close to Belgium...

(Doing both, fingers crossed)