Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, BenG92 said:

Ha, tell me about it. As far as I know The Strokes COULD legally play in 6 days and it's more down to whether the sick guy feels ready. Hope so. 

If he’s been double vaccinated, he’ll probably just feel like he has a minor cold for a day or so. Unlikely to be too ill to play, especially in 6 days time.

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

This is the official US advice so surely no chance with the 10 days thing? Are they just holding off cancelling at the request of the festival while they sort something else?

Advice though, not a legal requirement, and they'll have a private jet as mentioned above which helps to not be an asshole about spreading it. It's well within the realms of possibility they still play. 

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

This is the official US advice so surely no chance with the 10 days thing? Are they just holding off cancelling at the request of the festival while they sort something else? 

FBE6A866-86AB-46DE-B6ED-550DDF958925.png

He might have initially tested positive a week ago though, and cancelling Boston is just the tail-end of his infection

2 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

FBE6A866-86AB-46DE-B6ED-550DDF958925.png

‘Don’t outright cancel until the last minute so that we can claim there isn’t enough time to sort out a replacement’

Selfishly, in the event of cancellation, the very slight possibility of them bumping Gizz to a 90 minute main stage show sounds fucking awesome. They're the 2nd biggest act playing at the time so there's actually a real chance. 

8 minutes ago, Float said:

I had planned to skip Strokes on W1 and see Earl & King Gizz, then watch Strokes on W2.

I think they’ll still play W2 but I’m very doubtful about W1. My fear now is that they reshuffle things around and I end up missing more than I would have had Strokes played…

That's my exact plan too. This will be down to the last day.

13 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Probably the act I’m most excited to see. Yes they’re probably a 00s nostalgia act, but I was 15 when Is This It came out and I haven’t seen them since 2011. 

I’d be really gutted

Yeah that's fair. I'm a big one for nostalgia myself to be honest, I've just never liked the strokes. If it was Pulp or Blur (probably my equivalent) I'd be devastated.

Chin up though, they've not cancelled yet! I felt for sure Cave would for a moment there and look how that turned out.

The fact it's gone public that the strokes guy has it though does mean it could attract criticism for travelling with covid. And there is a risk of passing it on to the rest of the band and the crew. 

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I've had four shots and still felt like utter shit when I had it. Really comes down to a bit of luck.

Yeah we struggled with it. Was really rough for three days and then not right for another seven or so. I took a whole week off work and I'm freelance so don't get paid for it.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah we struggled with it. Was really rough for three days and then not right for another seven or so. I took a whole week off work and I'm freelance so don't get paid for it.

Jip it can get really annyoing. I was coughing for an hour or so every morning for the next five weeks or so. Nothing really bad, but annoying as fuck. And I'm <30

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Jip it can get really annyoing. I was coughing for an hour or so every morning for the next five weeks or so. Nothing really bad, but annoying as fuck. And I'm <30

I’m still having coughing fits every morning/evening after getting it back in July last year, and I’m 24 😞

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

In what world is Beach House’ new album the top selling album in America? 

And I don’t think they can just move acts to different days as that’ll piss off the day ticket holders.

The last thing I would  want is to have Beach House moved to the shitty main stages , I am only going there twice, Pavement & Nick Cave and I would like to keep it that way

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

For me it was the fever and chills and sweats that were the worst. I'm nearly 40 but pretty fit and healthy. You just never know.

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Once bought tickets to see them in the UK but had to cancel my plans. Happy to finally see them in Spain next week though. Will be special. 

Fingers crossed. We're seeing them in Lytham but will still be disappointed if they cancel W1

54 minutes ago, soulsville67 said:

No disrespect…but Jamie XX as Primavera sound headliner? A pre recorded dj set…please please Strokes, get on that plane next Thursday.

Unless he has recently changed his way of doing things, Jamie xx doesn't play pre-recorded sets. He fucks up the transitions way too often for it to be fake.

But yeah, please, don't cancel the Strokes.