Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Not sure how practical it is (must be a reason it didn’t happen after Massive Attack or in the first place), but Yeah Yeah Yeahs don’t start their UK tour until June 5. Presuming The Strokes are all good for W2, Primavera might throw it all getting them in early?

not sure it’ll go down too well, but

9 minutes ago, icebear said:

The Strokes last played a show on May 21st so I assume they wouldn't have tested until yesterday as they were meant to fly out to play a show today. Maybe whoever is positive got it a week ago but is asymptomatic and therefore only found out yesterday due to having to test. So, that could potentially mean that they're nearing the end of their covid and might be fully recovered sooner than we think. I'm fully aware that this is just me being hopeful and over-optimistic though.

I think this is completely possible.

The individual is probably not even ill either, which shouldn’t be a factor in the decision but probably is a factor in the decision.

20 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

I really hope the Strokes are there, and really hope they’ll get a replacement instead. 

But given he was seen as a sensible choice in 2017 when Frank Ocean pulled out, i can’t see any way they wouldn’t just move Jamie XX up

up where? he's already been moved to the main stage

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

up where? he's already been moved to the main stage

Yeah for an hour, Jamie can play more easily. Already is at other fests. I would guess they give him 90 and push him up to the Strokes slot if they can't play. 

Gutted for the ones going on W1. I myself exchanged Mad Cool tickets for PS W2 ones partly due to The Strokes. If they are not coming in the end that would be a huge blow. Dont see any other act around capable of filling the gap.. Where are Arctic Monkeys those two weekends btw?

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

47 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I don't want to turn the discussion on covid because enough but it took 7 days for me to test negative with a rapid test and 12 with a PCR test. The timing was similar for other people I know so 4 days it's not enough time 

I don't know the measures in your country, but in Portugal, we do not need to test negative to be released from isolation. Here are the proceadures:

- you have the first symptons, you can call to the NHS, and they, based on your symptons, pass you a test (or you do an auto test and if is positive, they will promptly pass another one, PCR or laboratoril antigen);

- you test positive, you must isolate for 7 days (counting from the day of the first symptons);

- after the 7 days, you are free. No need of a negative test.

I thought that this was something common within Europe. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell, we all knew there was a likelihood of acts dropping out because of COVID but The Strokes are essentially the big draw of the festival. I would say surely if they pull out they’ll have to replace them, but after Massive Attack I’m just not so sure. 

Appreciate I'm in the minority and a lot of people will be upset if they cancel, but I genuinely forgot they were even on the bill!

13 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I don't know the measures in your country, but in Portugal, we do not need to test negative to be released from isolation. Here are the proceadures:

- you have the first symptons, you can call to the NHS, and they, based on your symptons, pass you a test (or you do an auto test and if is positive, they will promptly pass another one, PCR or laboratoril antigen);

- you test positive, you must isolate for 7 days (counting from the day of the first symptons);

- after the 7 days, you are free. No need of a negative test.

I thought that this was something common within Europe. 

There's no requirement to isolate at all in the UK now and you can't get free tests. We isolated when we had it (partly as right thing to do and partly as feeling crap) but a lot of people don't bother and aren't legally required to.

No idea about the US. If you're vaxxed you can enter Spain without testing can't you? Again not saying it is the right thing to do but just that I think it's allowed.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Appreciate I'm in the minority and a lot of people will be upset if they cancel, but I genuinely forgot they were even on the bill!

I’m not even the biggest fan, like at all, but imo they’re the ‘big’ act of the festival (for weekend 1, at least). Them dropping out will cause a fury much bigger than Massive Attack or any other act I reckon.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Please not NIN. Phoenix are playing in France that night. Lcd are European exclusives for BBK. 

All roads lead to Arcade Fire should the Strokes cancel. 

Pretty sure NIN are Hellfest exclusive in terms of euro festivals

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This. I was quite baffled when they were presented as headliners in multiple festivals, I had no idea the were still a big thing in the 2020s. But a couple of days ago even my 16-year old niece swooned, when I told her they were playing, so it's just a case of me being completely out of the loop.

They don't mean much to me, but I'm really sad for all the fans if they're pulling out.

2 minutes ago, mortand said:

This. I was quite baffled when they were presented as headliners in multiple festivals, I had no idea the were still a big thing in the 2020s. But a couple of days ago even my 16-year old niece swooned, when I told her they were playing, so it's just a case of me being completely out of the loop.

Their 2019 album is really, really good and probably their best since like 2005, that has a lot to do with it. If it wasn't for that new album I wouldn't have been very hyped at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mortand said:

They don't mean much to me, but I'm really sad for all the fans if they're pulling out.

They've got the hits. Hits go a long way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m not even the biggest fan, like at all, but imo they’re the ‘big’ act of the festival (for weekend 1, at least). Them dropping out will cause a fury much bigger than Massive Attack or any other act I reckon.

Yeah you're probably right about it causing fury, although it's not exactly anyone's fault and I don't think they'll manage a replacement at this stage. I'm not a fan and haven't highlighted them on my clashfinder or app so forgot they were even a thing! For me they only exist as a nostalgia band from the 2000s and I didn't even like them then.

Gutted for everyone who wanted to see them though, although they've still not cancelled so who knows?

At the very least it will mean a reshuffle of timings again if they do I guess.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

At the very least it will mean a reshuffle of timings again if they do I guess.

Nah, if there's no replacement then they'll just give Jamie a full 90 and move him up. No need to shuffle anything else really. 

Also lets people see both Jamie and Caribou which was a silly clash. 

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Struggling to get excited over this ‘silver lining’ right now 😅 😑

Ha, tell me about it. As far as I know The Strokes COULD legally play in 6 days and it's more down to whether the sick guy feels ready. Hope so. 

I had planned to skip Strokes on W1 and see Earl & King Gizz, then watch Strokes on W2.

I think they’ll still play W2 but I’m very doubtful about W1. My fear now is that they reshuffle things around and I end up missing more than I would have had Strokes played…