Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone here seen Kokoko! before? They sound awesome from the description. Thinking we might try to get there Wednesday.

Yeah. Pretty fun. Ideal for a daytime in the sun type set. Not sure when they are on at Primavera but worth checking out if not essential. 

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah. Pretty fun. Ideal for a daytime in the sun type set. Not sure when they are on at Primavera but worth checking out if not essential. 

Like midnight on the Wednesday of next week. We arrive about 8ish so if we get our act together we might go down. Won't be daytime in the sun though! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Like midnight on the Wednesday of next week. We arrive about 8ish so if we get our act together we might go down. Won't be daytime in the sun though! 

That is exactly our plan (even hour of arrival). 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone here seen Kokoko! before? They sound awesome from the description. Thinking we might try to get there Wednesday.

Saw them once a few years ago. Very energic, and a lot of fun. I would see them again, but my flight arrives very late.

33 minutes ago, Rhak said:

That is exactly our plan (even hour of arrival). 

Ha maybe see you there! I know we'll be knackered but also we need to stay up late to get ready for the days ahead.

12 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Saw them once a few years ago. Very energic, and a lot of fun. I would see them again, but my flight arrives very late.

Cool! Thanks. 

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

Only once as far as I know has a band played with no warning.

And only once I think has a set been announced <1 hour before.

A few times, they've been announced that morning.

So generally checking on here, say, the lunchtime of festival days and you'll be good.

It might be they don't do any secret shows this year but I'd be surprised.

Question, where did those acts exactly play? Since the schedule is alright full, I wouldn't even know where some sets might even be played?

Best thing to do is install the app, I see?

56 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Question, where did those acts exactly play? Since the schedule is alright full, I wouldn't even know where some sets might even be played?

Best thing to do is install the app, I see?

The secret Arcade Fire show (which I managed to miss entirely, despite being nearby) was held on a stage specially built for it.

34 minutes ago, blurfan said:

I doubt they will be ready to go next Friday and based on what happened with Massive Attack I'm not expecting a replacement

If they take the antivirals & test negative within a few days I don't see why they can't make it. As long as whoever caught it didn't have a chance to pass it along to others anyway.

1 minute ago, ohseptember said:

If they take the antivirals & test negative within a few days I don't see why they can't make it. As long as whoever caught it didn't have a chance to pass it along to others anyway.

I believer there’s a  4-5 days period after you test positive, before you can take the test again. They might be able to perform at W2 D2, but the possibility is pretty slim for W1 D2. Probably Little Simz or Caribou will be move to Mordor to replace them.

1 hour ago, blurfan said:

I doubt they will be ready to go next Friday and based on what happened with Massive Attack I'm not expecting a replacement

Yeah, Jamie xx was already bumped up to Mordor on that day (probably as a Brockhampton replacement)

I think they will feel more prone to look for a last minute replacement though. Us on forums moaning about turnstile and massive attack is a thing. Thousands of casual festivalgoers who ask for refunds because of the strokes is another thing (same would happen with tame impala)

Fucking hell, we all knew there was a likelihood of acts dropping out because of COVID but The Strokes are essentially the big draw of the festival. I would say surely if they pull out they’ll have to replace them, but after Massive Attack I’m just not so sure. 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Even if they do decide to replace them I’m not sure there’s anyone who could fill the void for me. Absolute gutted. 

LCD or Arcade fire probably the only two who could soften the blow. Or Phoenix and YYYs as a two for one replacement. 

They haven’t cancelled. Primavera is still a week away.

• Upvote 1