Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt it. All doing their own stuff at the moment with no live dates announced and I doubt they’re gonna get their shit together to do a special one off show at Primavera.

Ok What about lHarry Styles - he’s the hot property at the minute, also has a song Illusion, primavera do love a shock act

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

‘illusion’ as a translation is a complete red herring.

Quimera must be a trap act as key players from trap scene are clearly all in on the charade. The chances of them all being close mates with The XX or Harry Styles are zero.

Somebody on Reddit worked out that Quimera is more than likely just promo for a new Netflix show that’s coming out called Idol which features a mega famous Spanish pop star called Quimera who dies on stage. Whether there’s more to it than that I’m not sure, but it links in with the description given about the show here:

https://www.entupantalla.com/netflix-espana-presenta-tres-nuevas-series-feria-idolo-y-el-tiempo-que-te-doy/

There's so many great bands playing. That even seeing half the bands I'm excited about will be quite the challenge. So I don't give a flying f*** about who's replacing who. 

The argument that you paid for this amount of bands is just ridiculous... You can only see about 10% (probably not even 10%) of the lineup so what does an extra band mean...? You've got plenty of options. It sucks if it's your favourite band that cancelled, but pretty sure you can sell your ticket if it's not worth the money anymore.

It's been a disastrous 2 years for music/festivals/culture/everything related to that... So those organisation deserve some slack for atleast the next year. They probably wokred harder than half of the forum members here the last months/year while going bankrupt or losing jobs was just around the corner.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody on Reddit worked out that Quimera is more than likely just promo for a new Netflix show that’s coming out called Idol which features a mega famous Spanish pop star called Quimera who dies on stage. Whether there’s more to it than that I’m not sure, but it links in with the description given about the show here:

https://www.entupantalla.com/netflix-espana-presenta-tres-nuevas-series-feria-idolo-y-el-tiempo-que-te-doy/

Makes perfect sense.

(though convinced as ever we're still getting a decent sized surprise act!)

1 minute ago, Boss89 said:

There's so many great bands playing. That even seeing half the bands I'm excited about will be quite the challenge. So I don't give a flying f*** about who's replacing who. 

The argument that you paid for this amount of bands is just ridiculous... You can only see about 10% (probably not even 10%) of the lineup so what does an extra band mean...? You've got plenty of options. It sucks if it's your favourite band that cancelled, but pretty sure you can sell your ticket if it's not worth the money anymore.

It's been a disastrous 2 years for music/festivals/culture/everything related to that... So those organisation deserve some slack for atleast the next year. They probably wokred harder than half of the forum members here the last months/year while going bankrupt or losing jobs was just around the corner.

Whilst I get your point and now that the timetable is out it’s more evident than ever that an act pulling out just means one less clash for me more than anything else, there have been some pretty significant dropouts - a headliner and then some other Mordor sized acts - so I understand peoples frustrations because those acts are what a lot of people invested their money in and them not being replaced is pretty disheartening, mostly because it essentially means Primavera have got spare cash lying about that they could invest in new acts but instead they’ve decided to just sit on it. Especially disheartening as they’ve been very on the ball with replacements in past years so to see that change in the festival kind of sucks. 

The lineup is incredible. Ludicrously so. But people getting mad that some big name acts are gone and not being replaced is perfectly justified.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Whilst I get your point and now that the timetable is out it’s more evident than ever that an act pulling out just means one less clash for me more than anything else, there have been some pretty significant dropouts - a headliner and then some other Mordor sized acts - so I understand peoples frustrations because those acts are what a lot of people invested their money in and them not being replaced is pretty disheartening, mostly because it essentially means Primavera have got spare cash lying about that they could invest in new acts but instead they’ve decided to just sit on it. Especially disheartening as they’ve been very on the ball with replacements in past years so to see that change in the festival kind of sucks. 

The lineup is incredible. Ludicrously so. But people getting mad that some big name acts are gone and not being replaced is perfectly justified.

Most people on this forum would not have known that they would be getting the very high quality Ciutat gigs (and 5 days of them!) when they booked and expected to see Massive Attack. 

I'd infinitely rather have all the Ciutat gigs than have an MA replacement that I probably wouldn't even like (replacements in recent years have been Miley Cyrus, Jamie XX, Skepta and St Etienne) or would only clash with someone.

We are still up on the deal...

• Upvote 1

Boiler Room lineup is out (apologies if posted already):

Kenny Beats confirming his status as the most inspired producer in contemporary rap, a five-hour session by Optimo celebrating 25 years of sonic exploration, the dancehall experiments of Equiknoxx, the reunion of Pastis & Buenri to write a new chapter in their makinera legend, the German Mechatok, the mysterious Two Shell, two prodigies from the inimitable N.A.A.F.I. universe such Tayhana from Argentina and Tygapaw from Jamaica, DJ Playero and DJ Blass united in a b2b for the history of reggaeton, the live performance of the Carioca funk whirlwind MC Carol, the Colombian Rosa Pistola firing extreme perreo.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Most people on this forum would not have known that they would be getting the very high quality Ciutat gigs (and 5 days of them!) when they booked and expected to see Massive Attack. 

I'd infinitely rather have all the Ciutat gigs than have an MA replacement that I probably wouldn't even like (replacements in recent years have been Miley Cyrus, Jamie XX, Skepta and St Etienne) or would only clash with someone.

We are still up on the deal...

Don’t want to go round in circles on this because it’s already taken up too much room here and I want to leave the moaning behind and get hyped, but those weekday gigs mean nothing if you’re only going to the main festival, which is what we were originally sold.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Boiler Room lineup is out (apologies if posted already):

Kenny Beats confirming his status as the most inspired producer in contemporary rap, a five-hour session by Optimo celebrating 25 years of sonic exploration, the dancehall experiments of Equiknoxx, the reunion of Pastis & Buenri to write a new chapter in their makinera legend, the German Mechatok, the mysterious Two Shell, two prodigies from the inimitable N.A.A.F.I. universe such Tayhana from Argentina and Tygapaw from Jamaica, DJ Playero and DJ Blass united in a b2b for the history of reggaeton, the live performance of the Carioca funk whirlwind MC Carol, the Colombian Rosa Pistola firing extreme perreo.

Where’s this venue then? And do we have stage times yet?

edit: oh yeah times are on the app! 

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

‘illusion’ as a translation is a complete red herring.

Quimera must be a trap act as key players from trap scene are clearly all in on the charade. The chances of them all being close mates with The XX or Harry Styles are zero.

🤣 worth a guess 

I’m not desperate for a surprise act, but like you would be shocked if there isn’t one given there is most years and this is a special year in more than one way.

Never mind, we shall all find out on Thursday! 

Just now, Hank Hankinson said:

Anyone worth seeing from the Boiler Room lineup?

Optimo 5:15 hours lfg

I expected more stuff I'm familiar with or Primavera performers and such, nothing in the mold of Daphni (Caribou's other active alias) but might catch Two Shell and Kenny Beats as well as Optimo between acts. Is there anything I'm missing?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thats exactly what my contact working at the show production told me. Now that it has been leaked I guess that I can share that the Quimera guy is actually Lorenzo Ferro https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Ferro

If there is a secret act is definitely not coming from this direction  

Just now, JIMBO666 said:

yep, Teatre BARTS. Parallel 62 is the street address.

Thank you! Was finding it very confusing as the app just says the street for Magnetic Fields and no mention of the venue. Looks like a beautiful place.

Also am I right in thinking you can't take drinks into Auditori? Can you buy drinks in there or is it a drinks-free zone?

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you! Was finding it very confusing as the app just says the street for Magnetic Fields and no mention of the venue. Looks like a beautiful place.

Also am I right in thinking you can't take drinks into Auditori? Can you buy drinks in there or is it a drinks-free zone?

Drink & Food free zone ... If you have drinks or food with you then you can leave them at a table outside and collect them on the way out

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also am I right in thinking you can't take drinks into Auditori? Can you buy drinks in there or is it a drinks-free zone

great looking space with amazing acoustics. Saw the band Come there back in 2013.

19 minutes ago, postC86 said:

Drink & Food free zone ... If you have drinks or food with you then you can leave them at a table outside and collect them on the way out

15 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

great looking space with amazing acoustics. Saw the band Come there back in 2013.

Thanks both!