Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

As far as I'm concerned they had a spare £200k or whatever Massive Attack would have cost and have.. not visibly put it elsewhere. I don't believe for a second the "oh they probably tried their best to book others!!" narrative - this thread was full of suggestions of (even mid-table) artists who were doing the rounds elsewhere or would have come out of hibernation for a fat cheque, a nice week in Barcelona and decent stage placement.

Weekend One punters in particular have had, like, one new mid table addition and that was even before MA, Brockhampton, C Tanaga etc cancelled.

It's a good festival, the lineup is still stacked, and I'm happy to be going again, but I hope for everyone's sake they're not announcing so far in advance again.

They probably agreed that MA will return in 2023 and keep the money. Also, none of the suggestions on here were realistic, apart from, maybe, Mitski and shes maybe half the size of MA (cause the 16 yo Tiktok Goths hyping her now are hardly gonna go to PS) Once Again: If no single festival has replaced MA decently that is in all probability because they can't, not because they don't want to. PS has the privilege of being sold out and they don't have to care that much, but for other fests it would've been vital to replace headliners. And the would have if they could have.

Edited by Quadrophobia

Hey everyone!

I´ve been reading this forum for the past 6 years (thank you all for all the info/conversation) but this is my first post 😅

This morning I went to the Forum to have a look at how the festival is building up, got a couple of pics! 

The new exit in Mordor is huge, at first I thought it was the old seating space but it connects perfectly with the street and the map confirms it.

Hope that we all have a blast this year!

image.thumb.jpeg.5f9efc7159ce823a2bda23566160656f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.775b709313b5a4ffed6aa8ae8f61c810.jpeg

IMG_6647.thumb.JPG.54c25fb49caa725b25daa50ed7bef5b5.JPGimage.thumb.jpeg.f053067282634dfd3efed2c9b483bde0.jpeg

IMG_6657.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Float said:

The sweetness of setting my Out Of Office until June 20th today will only be rivalled by the first sip of Estrella at the forum!

Nice! Three days left of work for me after today (Sunday 😞, Monday and Tuesday) but then I'm off until the 9th and can't bloody wait.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheAguacate said:

Hey everyone!

I´ve been reading this forum for the past 6 years (thank you all for all the info/conversation) but this is my first post 😅

This morning I went to the Forum to have a look at how the festival is building up, got a couple of pics! 

The new exit in Mordor is huge, at first I thought it was the old seating space but it connects perfectly with the street and the map confirms it.

Hope that we all have a blast this year!

image.thumb.jpeg.5f9efc7159ce823a2bda23566160656f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.775b709313b5a4ffed6aa8ae8f61c810.jpeg

IMG_6647.thumb.JPG.54c25fb49caa725b25daa50ed7bef5b5.JPGimage.thumb.jpeg.f053067282634dfd3efed2c9b483bde0.jpeg

IMG_6657.JPG

What an excellent first post! Thanks.

Hey, guys. I know it`s a long shot, but if anybody still needs a ticket for W1 - I`m selling mine off for 100 euros. Hit me up in DMs if interested.

Anyway, wishing to all those going a fucking great one. Hope to be there next year 

14 minutes ago, Traci said:

Google Translate for Qimera is Fiction/Fantasy Both songs by The XX 
Possible? Only Oliver not there, but he has just released his album. 

I doubt it. All doing their own stuff at the moment with no live dates announced and I doubt they’re gonna get their shit together to do a special one off show at Primavera.

1 hour ago, daveje said:

Just to confirm: no queuing to exchange tickets, no wristbands, it's all done through the app now?

There will be wristbands. Can be exchanged from 2/6 on the site, but it will just be for show it seems. You need the app to access the festival and the city gigs.

• Thanks 1

Just to torture myself, I decided to take a look at the original 2020 line up for this festival to see what I would be missing out on. Only major one I can say is lost to me is Chromatics, and since they split, that's not bad going. Few gone from weekend 1 to 2 which is a shame, but the amount of talent added on to my weekend is crazy when you compare the posters. 

I know it's just a matter of taste, and some people are gonna be disappointed by band x, y or z vanishing but, in my opinion, they've done a super job retaining and building on this line up. 

That said, I could do with the national moving back to the Thursday to ease my heavy clash Friday! 

4 hours ago, Float said:

The sweetness of setting my Out Of Office until June 20th today will only be rivalled by the first sip of Estrella at the forum!

Last day at work yesterday till 14th. Saw Bloc Party last night, Alt J tonight. Fontaines on Sunday and then we're off on Tuesday morning. Cannot wait.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

They probably agreed that MA will return in 2023 and keep the money. Also, none of the suggestions on here were realistic, apart from, maybe, Mitski and shes maybe half the size of MA (cause the 16 yo Tiktok Goths hyping her now are hardly gonna go to PS) Once Again: If no single festival has replaced MA decently that is in all probability because they can't, not because they don't want to. PS has the privilege of being sold out and they don't have to care that much, but for other fests it would've been vital to replace headliners. And the would have if they could have.

The other festival actually replaced MA with Jamie xx and Idles. That’a exactly the kind of act I would have expected in case no headliner is available but you still care about your customers and you do the best you can (I know they are both at the festival, it’s just an example)

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Upvote 1