Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 hours ago, jannybruck said:

What are the good cab apps for Barcelona at the moment? I'm having to whizz back to my hotel on Sunday morning at the tail end of Gorillaz and try and get to the airport for a 6.30am flight somehow, and stupidly thought the airport bus ran all night but it doesn't.

Hey pal. Cabify is probably the best one. FreeNow also works and is used to get a regular street taxi through the app. Prices are pretty similar between both but good to have both and check at the time. ALSO I'm 100% sure the Aerobus goes all night. Check their website here and see it says 24/7: https://aerobusbarcelona.es/trip/lines-timetables-and-real-time-information/?lang=en

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Hey pal. Cabify is probably the best one. FreeNow also works and is used to get a regular street taxi through the app. Prices are pretty similar between both but good to have both and check at the time. ALSO I'm 100% sure the Aerobus goes all night. Check their website here and see it says 24/7: https://aerobusbarcelona.es/trip/lines-timetables-and-real-time-information/?lang=en

I love Bolt. Cheaper than Uber and they have sent me 50% off vouchers pretty much every week since I started using it.

7 hours ago, InvalidUsername said:

Could you please pass on a link for the advice on moving around? That could be useful to know! Thanks

It wasn’t anything major, just to avoid these particular ‘bottleneck’ areas (especially immediately after any of the headliners when tons of people are moving between areas) and choose the long routes around that most of the crowd will often avoid, namely going behind the Cupra stage and taking the path closest to the sea:

1C33D34E-FFE9-4C13-AC82-A8B8F57D0CE4.jpeg

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kon said:

I think charli could be out. She posted on her ig story saying something's up with her throat and she's in pain. Fingers crossed she'll be all right but the festival is awfully close now

Hmm sounds like she’s just blown her voice out more than anything particularly serious, but considering she’s still got 4 shows scheduled between now and Primavera and then even more before her second weekend show, who knows how she’s going to approach it all as it’s not something you can really power through without causing more damage. Think some people would lose their mind if she ended up dropping out (and they inevitably didn’t replace her) but could honestly see her binning off her early June dates and saving herself for Glastonbury at the end of the month. 

Edited by FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, kon said:

I think charli could be out. She posted on her ig story saying something's up with her throat and she's in pain. Fingers crossed she'll be all right but the festival is awfully close now

Without Charli and Girl in Red who will occupy the ‘Headliner’ stage in W1, Organizer will have a major homework in juggling the current set times.

8 hours ago, InvalidUsername said:

Could you please pass on a link for the advice on moving around? That could be useful to know! Thanks

There's no foolproof way to avoid bottle necks, really. 

The seaside path behind Ray-Ban/Cupra is usually quiet, but honestly the best way to beat the crowds is to leave an act early.

Ive two or three in mind already where I might duck out a song or two before the end because I want to get to the next thing. Not ideal but can be the difference between 5/10 minutes of slowly strolling to your next favourite band!

The impact of the bridge closure is going to be interesting - I reckon a lot of people will just skip out on the Bits area late at night. Or stay down there for the whole thing. 

In terms of other tips - the bars and toilets down by what used be the Pitchfork and Adidas stages (is that Ouija now?) are usually much quieter. It also gets really cold down there at night, just fyi. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

She might both be better in time for the show and yet cancel for logistical reasons.

If she does, that Friday truly is cursed. Someone wrap Stephen Malkmus in cotton wool.

I'm basically living through anxiety nightmares about anyone coming down with covid. Steve Malkmus being the main fear

Norwegian here going to Barcelona for week 2 of the festival, really looking forward to my ninth Primavera Sound since 2011. Only missed the Radiohead-edition (2016?).

The one thing I really hope for, as I do every year, is that the beer serving at the bars will be more efficient. I know that its not easy and that the staff is mostly untrained volunteers, but its the most inefficient and frustrating part of an otherwise (almost) perfect music festival. 

This forum has been my go to-site for information regarding the festival btw. I have not participated here, but thanks for all the great discussions, information about the festival and rumours about artists over the years!

Edited by pne094
  • Upvote 5

Previously when Gabi did his 'ask me anything sessions', it was lots of people passionate about live music trying to learn more about the festival and hear the inside secrets. Can't think of many other festivals where such openness is possible.

Now based on twitter responses, it's just going to be a bunch of overly critical people complaining about the festival - before they even experience it.

He won't do it again and we will be all the poorer for it.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Previously when Gabi did his 'ask me anything sessions', it was lots of people passionate about live music trying to learn more about the festival and hear the inside secrets. Can't think of many other festivals where such openness is possible.

Now based on twitter responses, it's just going to be a bunch of overly critical people complaining about the festival - before they even experience it.

I think the fact that they were so vocal about "ask us literally anything, no censorship" implies they're ready for a lot of logistical complaints and are ready to handle them. That's the impression I got anyway. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, bryano1000 said:

Hmm I'm in the same boat and my plan was to just send her a screenshot of her validated ticket/QR code.

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work? Maybe I should just do the transfer to be safe though 

Yes. I had taken screenshots as backup as I never trust these things not to go wrong 😬

It was fine after the initial panic. I’m sure you will be fine transferring - mine was maybe just one of those things .

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I agree with you about the over-complaining vibes around now, but to be fair, it's also a matter of timing. When you do it before the lineup or timetable drops, you'll get questions about that. Two days before we start you can only ask about secret sets (which he wont answer) or logistics