Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

48 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Everything is double this year...

image.thumb.jpeg.4873ed5f4354802656138253d893b61d.jpeg

what kind of barriers do they usually have in the crowd (albeit with VIP)? do we think the stages will be split by a long gap (like Reading), which means there could be a little bit of movement at least?

just think it’s going to be weird if you’re in the first 10 rows for a headliner on one, you’ll barely be able to see the other

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh and Pavement but only out of curiosity as don't really know them!

Not wanna overhype you or anything but they're literally the best rock band of the last 30 years in my eyes. Although I would really recommend listening to some stuff before. Give "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" a spin - it's pretty much a perfect album (excluding "Hit the Plane Down")

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Soho House lineup (only for VIPs and Soho House members):

Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip)  •  Chacha Soundsystem  •  Chloé Caillet  •  Cucut  •  Dom Chung  •  Femi Koleoso (Ezra Collective)  •  Florentino  •  Gilles Peterson  •  Glade Marie  •  ISAbella (Maricxs)  • Jordss  •  Keyrah  •  Loli Zazou  •  Lovefoxy  •  Metronomy (DJ Set)  •  Naguiyami  •  Pascal Moscheni  •  Shygirl

No horarios, not even day splits at this point

Hot Chip and Ezra Collecrive would be great additions. W1, please.

20 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Not wanna overhype you or anything but they're literally the best rock band of the last 30 years in my eyes. Although I would really recommend listening to some stuff before. Give "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" a spin - it's pretty much a perfect album (excluding "Hit the Plane Down")

Couldn't agree more. It's kind of cheating, but I'd suggest 'Quarantine the Past: Best of Pavement' as an entry point though, to get the full scope of their music. They will very likely play nearly all the songs on the compilation too (fingers crossed).

Edited by ohseptember

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Never done this stage by stage thing. Feels a bit weird, anyone else been to a festival that's had it? If so how was it? 

Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin used to do this. Much smaller scale fest (25K), but it was really cool if you just wanted to enjoy some music and not move around too much. 

Are those main stage screens larger than normal? I know Coachella upgraded their screens a couple years back and it made a huge difference, so it's possible the dual stages allow them to spend more money on one set of larger quality screens (vs. 2 sets for old Mordor configuration).

• Upvote 1

The side by side main stage thing is stressing me out due to the strategic positioning I’m gonna have to be taking to both get good spaces for the acts I wanna see but then also being able to shoot out of Mordor asap to get to Cupra/elsewhere immediately after acts finish.

Welcome any mid-festival tips on how to approach it all best, or if it’s even an issue at all. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The side by side main stage thing is stressing me out due to the strategic positioning I’m gonna have to be taking to both get good spaces for the acts I wanna see but then also being able to shoot out of Mordor asap to get to Cupra/elsewhere immediately after acts finish.

Welcome any mid-festival tips on how to approach it all best, or if it’s even an issue at all. 

I would say it's even an issue at all. At Porto they used to have something similar (but a distance of 50 meter, and never saw it as a problem. You will act like in the past. You will try to get a good spot for the ones you really want to see. If you want to get on time to a show in Rayban/Primavera stages, you will leave early, just like you used to do. The only difference now is that the main stages are just further.

At least, this is how I see the thing. Not focusing on the VIP issue (I am not VIP).

8 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I would say it's even an issue at all. At Porto they used to have something similar (but a distance of 50 meter, and never saw it as a problem. You will act like in the past. You will try to get a good spot for the ones you really want to see. If you want to get on time to a show in Rayban/Primavera stages, you will leave early, just like you used to do. The only difference now is that the main stages are just further.

At least, this is how I see the thing. Not focusing on the VIP issue (I am not VIP).

Yeah I’m probably overthinking it and I’m sure once there it’ll become apparent where the best spots and escape routes are. Already seen somebody on Reddit give a bit of good advice on avoiding bottlenecks to/from Mordor which I’ll have to try and remember in my inebriated state. 

30 minutes ago, DDave said:

Never done this main stage side by side thing. Feels a bit weird, anyone else been to a festival that's had it? If so how was it? 

It was like this in Osheaga Festival in Montreal (2014 I think it was) and it was an absolute blast. We've had the Replacements -> Lorde -> Arctic Monkeys, I chose the Mats/Monkeys side and was still able to thoroughly enjoy Lorde's set. The one thing that always bugged me about Primavera in the past was the fact that if you were saving a spot at one main stage, you would have no idea what's happening on the other side (don't think they even showed the other main stage on the screens) so I was extremely happy about this change.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’m probably overthinking it and I’m sure once there it’ll become apparent where the best spots and escape routes are. Already seen somebody on Reddit give a bit of good advice on avoiding bottlenecks to/from Mordor which I’ll have to try and remember in my inebriated state. 

For me I always find it best to go to left/right at the back of the crowd and go forwards at the side of the crowd if that makes sense. I am always generally found to be front left or front right of stage when it comes to gigs though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

Gonna jump on this and say yes. Pavement are the best band (not just rock) of the last 30 years. I'm a big Wowee Zowee fan. Grounded live is incredible. I saw them twice on their reunion tour. Can't wait to catch them again in Porto. 

Word of warning re Accessticket app.

I transferred our groups tickets from Dice. Verified wife’s ticket with ID upload all ok. Transferred to her . All ok except asking her to verify ID again, tried it and it failed saying it’s locked to my account. Contact support ffs 🤦‍♀️ 

I would recommend transferring before doing any ID verification as it clearly confuses things. They of course didn’t say that.

Jesus I hate this app nonsense. Ticket and wristband , job done. 

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They're playing a full 2.5 hour set at TW Classic in a few weeks and there is suspiciously a much bigger gap between them and Gorillaz on the PS timetable right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a full 2hr show at PS. 

Ah, so both Barcelona and Porto have the same big gap? Must be a longer set for sure.

Oh well, just means I get to miss my partner suffering through a Black Midi show.

2 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Ah, so both Barcelona and Porto have the same big gap? Must be a longer set for sure.

Oh well, just means I get to miss my partner suffering through a Black Midi show.

There was a similar gap between King Gizz and Slowdive for their midweek show that was soon amended to be Gizz playing for longer so I really hope that’s gonna be the case with Cave. What a result that would be.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Never done this main stage side by side thing. Feels a bit weird, anyone else been to a festival that's had it? If so how was it? 

Hellfest (BIG french metal does it).

Worked fine and kept things flowing nicely but similar to Primavera - I was ducking between the main stages and the smaller tent stages most of the time.

2 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

The only song I really know (and love) is Shady Lane. I do need to do some research. But may have left it a bit late.

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

Word of warning re Accessticket app.

I transferred our groups tickets from Dice. Verified wife’s ticket with ID upload all ok. Transferred to her . All ok except asking her to verify ID again, tried it and it failed saying it’s locked to my account. Contact support ffs 🤦‍♀️ 

I would recommend transferring before doing any ID verification as it clearly confuses things. They of course didn’t say that.

Jesus I hate this app nonsense. Ticket and wristband , job done. 

Update - panic over , it appeared in the App after an hour 🤔 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Could you please pass on a link for the advice on moving around? That could be useful to know! Thanks

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

Update - panic over , it appeared in the App after an hour 🤔 

Hmm I'm in the same boat and my plan was to just send her a screenshot of her validated ticket/QR code.

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work? Maybe I should just do the transfer to be safe though