Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I've been reading so many stories about people's hotels being cancelled at short notice for various reasons, it's ridiculous. Sorry to those it's happened to.

I did mine through Booking.com and have been checking it almost daily out of fear. I emailed them to confirm I'll be attending and also made sure that the Credit Card on the account is active.

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

They cannot afford to make books as they are putting the money towards the currently unannounced Arcade Fire and NIN sets

…was the the initial plan, but then they decided to make the free t-shirt design just that extra bit fancier and so AF and NIN were promptly cancelled. 

If anyone gets their hotel cancelled its always worth checking with the booking agent to see if they can find you an alternative. We had ours cancelled by booking.com for PS 2021 and they found us an alternative and paid the (massive) difference themselves. Probably helps with them being one of the big players but definitely worth a go. 

Edited by DDave

42 minutes ago, DDave said:

If anyone gets their hotel cancelled its always worth checking with the booking agent to see if they can find you an alternative. We had ours cancelled by booking.com for PS 2021 and they found us an alternative and paid the (massive) difference themselves. Probably helps with them being one of the big players but definitely worth a go. 

They offered us a refund OR 10% off another hotel and their cheapest was something like 700 quid a night. 

Sorry to spook people but it's well worth the quick panic and double check, the alternative doesn't bear think about - thank god we snatched an AirBnB flat that wasn't there before. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They offered us a refund OR 10% off another hotel and their cheapest was something like 700 quid a night. 

Sorry to spook people but it's well worth the quick panic and double check, the alternative doesn't bear think about - thank god we snatched an AirBnB flat that wasn't there before. 

Thanks, just emailed our hotel (Holiday Inn Express Poblenou) for confirmation. 

Prices are absolutely insane now. 

Given that we are now less than a week away from the first performance it would be nice to see the mood on here move towards excitement. 

We’ve waited 3 years for this after all and Primavera has always delivered.

There was so much negativity with the ‘new normal’ concept and increased capacity last time round…yet check the forums after and it was wall to wall glowing reviews.

Same again I’d bet!

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

*Clashfinder* alert:

It looks like Mdou Moctar and AG Cook have changed times so Mdou Moctar is on 90 minutes later now.

Oh ffs, I had intended to see Mdou over Dua Lipa then back to Mordor for Tyler. 
That leaves nobody decent on against Dua Lipa for me and I’ll likely miss both Tyler shows now :(

Nearly as disappointing as their exclusive/public loyalty PDF and godawful t-shirt..

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Given that we are now less than a week away from the first performance it would be nice to see the mood on here move towards excitement. 

We’ve waited 3 years for this after all and Primavera has always delivered.

There was so much negativity with the ‘new normal’ concept and increased capacity last time round…yet check the forums after and it was wall to wall glowing reviews.

Same again I’d bet!

Well, I'm already excited. Personal concert schedule done and first batch of clothes planned for Primavera came out from the laundry 😄 Can't wait to pack the suitcase! It's insane it's only a few days now.

I probably won't be genuinely excited about this until I step foot on site, know I've got everything sorted and there's nothing left in my control to fuck up.

I'm aware it's a great festival and I've had fun in the past, but I'm sure I'm not alone in finding the lead-up to this extremely stressful and, in parts, pretty damn annoying.

This is also my first time away in a couple of years and there's the additional anxiety of just figuring out how to travel and "do" stuff again, because it's been so long – I'm sure I'm not alone in that either. It feels a little intimidating after such a while.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I get the environmental impact reason etc etc but don’t promise a book if you’re not gonna deliver an actual book. They’re really looking to piss people off this year in any way possible before people have even arrived, aren’t they?

Its also quite weird to not print books for environmental reasons but print thousands of free shirts, and let your event be sponsored by cars and crypto, two of the most environmentally devestating technologies existing

5 minutes ago, Float said:

Looks like quite a lot of minor changes to the timetable.

Gorillaz, Nick Cave sets altered. Looks like you can catch 40mins of Bauhaus after Nick Cave. Maybe that goth petition worked

Yeah looks like the whole lineup has had a bit of a shakeup with acts moving 10-20 minutes back/forwards here and there. Clashfinder’s gonna need a bit of a re-do it seems.

Glad I haven’t laminated mine just yet.

15 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I probably won't be genuinely excited about this until I step foot on site, know I've got everything sorted and there's nothing left in my control to fuck up.

I'm aware it's a great festival and I've had fun in the past, but I'm sure I'm not alone in finding the lead-up to this extremely stressful and, in parts, pretty damn annoying.

This is also my first time away in a couple of years and there's the additional anxiety of just figuring out how to travel and "do" stuff again, because it's been so long – I'm sure I'm not alone in that either. It feels a little intimidating after such a while.

I feel the same but I think a big part of it is having not travelled abroad for three years now. I've never been an anxious traveller but the feeling that anything can change without notice doesn't help control freaks like me who like to have everything planned out 😆

Once we get there it'll all fine, everyone deserves this after a shitty couple of years