Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty glad that I’m not really interested in any of the big or particularly tiny and popular weekday gigs as this whole thing sounds like it’s gonna be a nightmare - hoping the mid-sized and less popular ones I’m largely hoping to attend will be a bit more streamlined and less of a shitshow. 

I dont think it will be that hard to get in. It was rarely that difficult to get in on previous editions when they had only one venue and this year there are 10-12 venues each night. PC music and maybe a couple of the shows at the super tiny venues with 150-200 capacity might be tricky. For Poble Espanyol one will be able to show up whenever, might fill up only during Phoenix. For the other bigger ones at Sala Apolo or Razzmatazz it will be enough to show up when doors open or even a little later for priority. That is just my prediction. 

5 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Just saw Beach House tonight, and while they were excellent, it got me really excited about seeing them again in Barcelona. So close now, folks!

Every day I’ve changed my mind about if I’m gonna go see Tyler or Beach House and I think it’s very much just gonna come down to my mood on the night, and how confident I am about sprinting across the site to then attempt to cram myself in to Cupra for Disclosure afterwards. 

Also I love the near unanimous feelings on here when it comes to the festival of ‘greatest lineup in the world, but I have little to no faith in the way they organise things’. Hopefully we’re all wrong and things will run smoothly and everybody will be satisfied with their ticket choices etc. 

6 hours ago, puckno said:

It will fail for sure. Primavera and technology do not go well together. Memories come to life from 2011 ... 

https://www-dodmagazine-es.translate.goog/primavera-sound-2011-un-desastre-de-organizacion-para-el-primer-dia/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

The technology for the entry cards works every year, for the app works every year, for the vip code works every year. There must be others too.

Just because something failed once more than 10 years ago, doesn’t mean they can’t handle technology.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BenG92 said:

5k, the Rina and Little Simz shows STILL have tickets available so it really should not be an issue getting in without one

My plan is to spend whole Wednesday there, I hope it will be possible.

About Beach House, I really prefer a way more 7 tour, but I'm gonna see them for the 1st time and happy about it.

About Disclousure, friend is up to them, I don't really mind and won't be for running after excellent BH show.

Edited by Festcrazy

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The technology for the entry cards works every year, for the app works every year, for the vip code works every year. There must be others too.

Just because something failed once more than 10 years ago, doesn’t mean they can’t handle technology.

They for sure have the capacity to mess things up. But let's see.

1 hour ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I dont think it will be that hard to get in. It was rarely that difficult to get in on previous editions when they had only one venue and this year there are 10-12 venues each night. PC music and maybe a couple of the shows at the super tiny venues with 150-200 capacity might be tricky. For Poble Espanyol one will be able to show up whenever, might fill up only during Phoenix. For the other bigger ones at Sala Apolo or Razzmatazz it will be enough to show up when doors open or even a little later for priority. That is just my prediction. 

Obviously Beck and Interpol are going to be tricky.

14 minutes ago, puckno said:

They for sure have the capacity to mess things up. But let's see.

I think it's possible there will be problems with Access Tickets but in the end it's just a QR code and not a complicated system.

Definitely everyone going should take a screenshot of their ticket and also send this to a friend's phone - always good to have a a plan B...

38 minutes ago, Orens said:

Obviously Beck and Interpol are going to be tricky.

Since Interpol is somewhat a ‘reguler’ at PS, I’m hoping that most of the crowds will attend the Poble Espanyol or Razzmataz. 
Also did not expect that the Little Simz tix for general public has not yet sold out which is a good news for me (considerable queue to access the site). I’ll be able to watch both Beck and The National set in peace.

14 hours ago, Bram said:

Yeah, probably I’m tired with all of my doubt and anxiety with this year PS (my first international fest after 3 long frickin years). From no Massive Attack (my go to act)  replacement up to all sudden changes in the VIP setting (Ciutat priority, Mordor VIP area). If the VIP setting turned out to be a big scam, then this will be my last PS and I’ll try to enjoy both W1 and W2 away from the Mordor area.

Sorry but that's on you. It's a phenomenal lineup, and with all due respect one act dropping and a rearrangement of VIP is a drop in the ocean compared to all the awesomeness that awaits. I've been in 6-7 different festivals worldwide and Primavera smokes them all, both lineup and organization-wise. They could cancel 3 more headliners and it would still be the best festival in the world. Some people are just completely losing proportions. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also I love the near unanimous feelings on here when it comes to the festival of ‘greatest lineup in the world, but I have little to no faith in the way they organise things’. Hopefully we’re all wrong and things will run smoothly and everybody will be satisfied with their ticket choices etc. 

I mean, the communication/online organization might be a mess, but on site so far it was flawless every time I've been there. Had nothing but positive experiences.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Based on nothing other than gut instinct, I'd say most of the Ciutat stuff will be okay, though I'm expecting Beck to be busy on the Sunday of weekend 1 - - big act, plenty of people off work, a lot of the weekend 1 only crowd will still be around (me included), and be clashes with a few other decent names on the day of the festival, so plenty might think they'll take a chance and skip him Saturday and go Sunday instead. 

Just looking through the rest of it and I've just this second spotted Iceage on the Sunday too. So many acts, so little time! 

And skimming ahead - Interpol clash with Dry Cleaning in the midweek run which might take away some of the hipster indie crowd who have seen Interpol before? And Jorja Smith and Khruangbin actually. Im gonna say now I'll be surprised if Interpol is totally full. Even Phoenix  starts 45 minutes later in a separate venue which could split the interpol audience. 

All the above is all guesswork of course. 

4 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Sorry but that's on you. It's a phenomenal lineup, and with all due respect one act dropping and a rearrangement of VIP is a drop in the ocean compared to all the awesomeness that awaits. I've been in 6-7 different festivals worldwide and Primavera smokes them all, both lineup and organization-wise. They could cancel 3 more headliners and it would still be the best festival in the world. Some people are just completely losing proportions. 

I mean, the communication/online organization might be a mess, but on site so far it was flawless every time I've been there. Had nothing but positive experiences.

Yeah it’s all from my own perspective. And if you read my post above this, I said that since I’m tired of my own anxiety,  I put my highest faith on PS and will enjoy the festival at most. And no, I don’t have any privilege to watch 6-7 international fest like you considering my location that far far away from major fest country, so this fest is once in a lifetime experience. But yeah, you are right it’s all on me. Apologize about my lack of knowledge  and experience in the festival world.

44 minutes ago, Bram said:

Since Interpol is somewhat a ‘reguler’ at PS, I’m hoping that most of the crowds will attend the Poble Espanyol or Razzmataz. 
Also did not expect that the Little Simz tix for general public has not yet sold out which is a good news for me (considerable queue to access the site). I’ll be able to watch both Beck and The National set in peace.

I'd say the Little Simz ticket status has a thing to do with the anticipation for a Beck set at Razz.

8 minutes ago, Orens said:

Marked on the map as a VIP zone (just like 2018-2019, across the bridge and near the Bits area)

with a dedicated space for members within the festival site.

and also:

Soho House members can bring up to three guests each to the Soho House x Primavera Sound space.

I don't think the map is accurate in this case

15 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'd say the Little Simz ticket status has a thing to do with the anticipation for a Beck set at Razz.

I think it’s more that Poble Espanyol has a massive capacity. 15% of those tickets is a lot, especially as you don’t even need a ticket.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think it's possible there will be problems with Access Tickets but in the end it's just a QR code and not a complicated system.

Definitely everyone going should take a screenshot of their ticket and also send this to a friend's phone - always good to have a a plan B...

Yes, agree, screenshot and send to a fried, or maybe even print it. I can easily see scenarios where the phone get lost, stolen, accidentally dropped it in the toilet, etc 

1 hour ago, Bram said:

I was initially planning on doing Pablo for the full evening, but leaning at trying to catch Interpol in the Apolo so as not to see them in Mordor (frees up other bands to see)

Pom Pom Squad then over to Interpol.