Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

What is the sudden change in Ciutat priority? Why is the VIP setting a big scam?

Aside from also changing the VIP view to the Binance stage, it's going to be harder to enter the Ciutat as VIPs as every ticket that's not a one-weekend regular is going to get the priority, so it's value has downgraded. In fact, last year they actually said that one-weekend VIPs won't get the priority while a double-weekend regular will get it. People got angry, so at least that's changed - but the whole point of having a VIP to me is making it to more concerts with a decent spot (which I consider the front rows). Me and my friends would've never bought a 5th consecutive VIP (+upgrade to double) had we knew about those changes in advance.

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Aside from also changing the VIP view to the Binance stage, it's going to be harder to enter the Ciutat as VIPs as every ticket that's not a one-weekend regular is going to get the priority, so it's value has downgraded. In fact, last year they actually said that one-weekend VIPs won't get the priority while a double-weekend regular will get it. People got angry, so at least that's changed - but the whole point of having a VIP to me is making it to more concerts with a decent spot (which I consider the front rows). Me and my friends would've never bought a 5th consecutive VIP (+upgrade to double) had we knew about those changes in advance.

Sala Apolo IG post today stated that the access of PS ciutat will be on a first come first served basis whether you are VIP or General passes. 

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

Ok, now that sounds like a scam.

Primavera confirmed that there would be separate queues. It will be first come first serve for Double Wknd pass holders/VIP first & then general pass holders.

Screenshot_20220509-161351.png

Edited by ohseptember
  • Upvote 1

Pretty glad that I’m not really interested in any of the big or particularly tiny and popular weekday gigs as this whole thing sounds like it’s gonna be a nightmare - hoping the mid-sized and less popular ones I’m largely hoping to attend will be a bit more streamlined and less of a shitshow. 

9 minutes ago, Bram said:

Sala Apolo IG post today stated that the access of PS ciutat will be on a first come first served basis whether you are VIP or General passes. 

The official website FAQ still says VIP have priority https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/faqs-primavera-sound-2022

Access to the Primavera a la Ciutat venues will be on a first-come, first-served basis until full capacity of the venue is reached. Priority access will be given to holders of the following types of tickets:

- VIP

...(etc)

18 minutes ago, ohseptember said:

Primavera confirmed that there would be separate queues. It will be first come first serve for Double Wknd pass holders/VIP first & then general pass holders.

Screenshot_20220509-161351.png

So apparently we have two different sources of information from PS and Sala Apolo. 

F64FD484-9847-4AEA-9A41-34F47E843033.jpeg

It's easy to forget but when we bought the ticket in 2019, the 'terms' included : 

- Access to 25 small Ciutat gigs -> we now have access to *150* Ciutat gigs including some massive acts like Charlie XCX, Beck and Megan Thee Stallion. Almost a festival in itself and no extra cost.

- No bar credit -> Free bar credit back of 10% of ticket cost

- No ticket discount for a friend -> Discounted ticket for a friend

And god knows what else they have secretly planned for us (which won't be an additional cost to our ticket).

They're not very good at scamming, are they....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DiegosLeftHand said:

is Charli xcx still doing the cuitat gig? 

also do we think getting into Interpol will be a pain?

Ah, good point, minus her now.

I'd have thought it would be alright as it's midweek (lots of locals working) and plenty of competition that night.

1 minute ago, DiegosLeftHand said:

is Charli xcx still doing the cuitat gig? 

also do we think getting into Interpol will be a pain?

She's not now unless she turns up unannounced.

Does anyone else think this accessticket app is just not gonna work on the day? Even now I get an error message when opening the app. I know how unreliable even the Ticketmaster mobile tickets are when they don't load at the venue. I've screenshot it just in case but is it likely the qr code will change once it's scanned each day?

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

Does anyone else think this accessticket app is just not gonna work on the day?

It will fail for sure. Primavera and technology do not go well together. Memories come to life from 2011 ... 

https://www-dodmagazine-es.translate.goog/primavera-sound-2011-un-desastre-de-organizacion-para-el-primer-dia/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp