Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

19 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

No, you're getting confused. Just think of Bits as another area of the main festival, it's just a bit of a walk.

Mordor to Bits is 25+ minutes when it's busy, maybe you could do it in 20ish if you were rushing or there weren't any bottlenecks.

I agree 20 minutes from Mordor to Bits seems reasonable. It would probably take less than 15 minutes if the place was empty and might maybe take 25 minutes at the most crowded moments. 

People have waited so long for this festival and getting very excited, so I dont think it is strange that fear takes over a bit. Fear and worry of missing things. That is why people start building this image in their head that it will be impossible to get into any Ciutat events and that it should take 30-40 minutes to walk from Mordor to Bits (a walk of maybe 1000-1200 meters?). I read some expect it will be hard or impossible to get into Lingua Ignota in the Auditori at 4 pm when in reality it will probably be half empty. But again, it is not strange to feel anxious after having waited for 3 years for this fest!

• Upvote 1

We can still trade tickets via Dice/AT right?

Might try and convince some VIPs to trade for my normals at a discount. People are shitting on the VIP setup a lot but I think when they get there it's gonna be a blessing in disguise. 

edit Actually never mind, I already activated in AT and did the ID upload thing, guessing it's too late now. 

Edited by BenG92

9 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I agree 20 minutes from Mordor to Bits seems reasonable. It would probably take less than 15 minutes if the place was empty and might maybe take 25 minutes at the most crowded moments. 

People have waited so long for this festival and getting very excited, so I dont think it is strange that fear takes over a bit. Fear and worry of missing things. That is why people start building this image in their head that it will be impossible to get into any Ciutat events and that it should take 30-40 minutes to walk from Mordor to Bits (a walk of maybe 1000-1200 meters?). I read some expect it will be hard or impossible to get into Lingua Ignota in the Auditori at 4 pm when in reality it will probably be half empty. But again, it is not strange to feel anxious after having waited for 3 years for this fest!

Although I agree that people might be overthinking it, the fact is there is an increased capacity this year and it's a sold out year, so until that first day happens it's really difficult to predict what's going to go on in terms of how the site functions (particularly given the adjusted layout), how crowded bits of the site are going to get, which artists might be more popular than others, what the walks between things might be like. It just feels like there's a few more unknowns this year, so I can understand why people might be anxious.

4 hours ago, Bram said:
6 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

photo posted on foros.primaverasound.com

https://foros.primaverasound.com/topic/3117/primavera-sound-2021/1492

bce9baa4-5bc7-442c-b2f9-a323c29b6540.jpeNot goood

So based on this, the elevated VIP seating is really far away and you're going to be blocked by the soundtower. Also the VIP area near the stage is pretty far as well. Am I wrong here?

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

So based on this, the elevated VIP seating is really far away and you're going to be blocked by the soundtower. Also the VIP area near the stage is pretty far as well. Am I wrong here?

There will be a massive TV on that sound tower for people watching from further away, same as a lot of other fests. You wouldn't have a real view of the stage without it anyway, you'd just be watching the front TVs and a few lights. IMO that part is a good idea, say what you will about the new forward VIP area

12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Primavera ask us to take a leap of faith with them on this VIP thing.  Therefore, I will take that leap and hope this 3 years waiting is worth big time. 🙂

I'm really curious to see how the double-main-stage thing looks from a festivalgoers point of view. Is there just going to be a cavernous space of nothing right next to the current artist's production while the next one sets up? I honestly can't picture how it might feel from a viewing perspective.

10 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I admire your optimism, although the photos tell a different story to me. 

Yeah, probably I’m tired with all of my doubt and anxiety with this year PS (my first international fest after 3 long frickin years). From no Massive Attack (my go to act)  replacement up to all sudden changes in the VIP setting (Ciutat priority, Mordor VIP area). If the VIP setting turned out to be a big scam, then this will be my last PS and I’ll try to enjoy both W1 and W2 away from the Mordor area.

2 minutes ago, Bram said:

Yeah, probably I’m tired with all of my doubt and anxiety with this year PS (my first international fest after 3 long frickin years). From no Massive Attack (my go to act)  replacement up to all sudden changes in the VIP setting (Ciutat priority, Mordor VIP area). If the VIP setting turned out to be a big scam, then this will be my last PS and I’ll try to enjoy both W1 and W2 away from the Mordor area.

What is the sudden change in Ciutat priority? Why is the VIP setting a big scam?

5 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Having tested positive on Sunday I'm just glad I'll still be able to go (although the way I'm feeling right now partying is going to be a supreme effort). 

What are those different options for getting home you spake of @Quadrophobia?

Other than the last years, there is an extra exit right at Mordor, so if people wanna go home, they don't have to walk all through the site. Also increased shuttle Bus frequency and 24h Tram service will mean less congestions Thursday and Friday nights

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but how easy is it to get around on Metro/Buses/Trams etc?

Also what's the deal with the travelcards? Worth it or just get singles?

Very easy. It’s a small city and the forum is not far.

Get a t-usual which is cheap and valid for 10 trips.

I have a regular ticket for W1, so the issues with VIP tickets are not a thing that I am concerned about. However, I understand that Primavera should have a more clear communication, explaining the changes and how it will work. That said, I can't understand people calling it a scam or saying "VIP never again" without experiencing it first.

About BITS, there is nothing I want to see there, so don't care about the bridge being closed. In the past I went there to see a couple of things. But for those of you complaining, with a sold out festival and a tiny bridge (that was very often a problem), do you prefer to have security risks there just because it is closer using the bridge? And those complaining about just shuttles for those with reduced mobility, would you like to have a buggy just for you, to be more comfortable? 

Really, people complain a lot these days.

• Like 1