Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

22 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

Sunday night at the Apollo stage times slightly pushed back (just to mess with the clashfinders 😃)1653393117635.thumb.jpg.a898f78aa3c2cd26837ae8540faa7f6d.jpg

Also some changes on the Tuesday (Noga Erez now plays after Los Bitchos) and on the Wednesday Interpol and Chet Faker start a bit later

9 minutes ago, puckno said:

I ready somewhere they have sold 15.000 more tickets per day to this event than on the mot visited day in 2019? If so that is insane. It has certainly been busy enough.

Given the number of people trying (unsuccessfully) to sell their tickets, it might seem less busy than usual this year!  

The ticket sales thread on Reddit has 4.7K posts for example.  

I really don't understand the VIP area like 250 meters from the stage. This is a location that should be reserved to those without a ticket, or to a secret heavily discounted ticket type with no general access. It is a lot you could build a prison and throw a party for the imprisoned from all corners of Spain.

Edited by puckno

13 minutes ago, username666 said:

Given the number of people trying (unsuccessfully) to sell their tickets, it might seem less busy than usual this year!  

The ticket sales thread on Reddit has 4.7K posts for example.  

I guess the increased price of all things involved, the higher risk of getting sick, the longer time span between buying the ticket and actually being able to make concrete plans and Covid and UK travel issues, contribute to the high number of ticket sales as well as the fact that its much easier to sell your ticket this year than ever before.

Oh and also two weekends of course.

Don't expect it to be less or more crowded thn 2019, maybe a bit less dense, seeing that there now are different options to get home at night

Edited by Quadrophobia

13 minutes ago, Orens said:

Also some changes on the Tuesday (Noga Erez now plays after Los Bitchos) and on the Wednesday Interpol and Chet Faker start a bit later

Delighted that Noga is on at 23:45 now, hoping to sprint down Montjuic after RHCP and catch her set. 

7 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Did anyone save the tips someone gave for food, bars, restaurants…? I am afraid I lost them 

Here you have it again:

The ones I have booked this year is:
- Disfrutar: been here twice, one of the best in the world.
- Direkte: never visited
- Lasarte: never visited
- Alchemix: gastro pub/drink bar - never visited
- Enigma: gourmet (food at lunch and drink bar at the evening)
- Come: Mexican gourmet

Great place I've been before, that's still open (fuck covid):
- Cinc Sentis: gourmet
- Frankie Gallo Cha Cha Cha: pizza place, close to the Apolo venue
- Fismuler: casual gourmet
- Ten's: tapas
- Bar Brutal: wine bar and great courses to share
- Teòric: tapas
- Auto Rosellon: tapas

Cheap eats:
- Taco Alto: decent tacos, and have several locations

- Little Fern: great breakfast/brunch place
- Black Lab: gastro/burger and craft beer
- Tlaxcal: another tacos place
- Three Marks Coffee: breakfast/brunch place with great coffee
- Parking Pizza: not been here, but it's on my list for this year

Edited by Martin_89
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Untrue

How come such denial?

Public figures provided by organizers are unrealiable. Considering on venue changes there will be much more people than in 2019. +15k per day? I say more.

Mark my words, it will be obvious at main stages and even more at minor stages that open until 6am. Caribou will be a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Here you have it again:

The ones I have booked this year is:
- Disfrutar: been here twice, one of the best in the world.
- Direkte: never visited
- Lasarte: never visited
- Alchemix: gastro pub/drink bar - never visited
- Enigma: gourmet (food at lunch and drink bar at the evening)
- Come: Mexican gourmet

Great place I've been before, that's still open (fuck covid):
- Cinc Sentis: gourmet
- Frankie Gallo Cha Cha Cha: pizza place, close to the Apolo venue
- Fismuler: casual gourmet
- Ten's: tapas
- Bar Brutal: wine bar and great courses to share
- Teòric: tapas
- Auto Rosellon: tapas

Cheap eats:
- Taco Alto: decent tacos, and have several locations

- Little Fern: great breakfast/brunch place
- Black Lab: gastro/burger and craft beer
- Tlaxcal: another tacos place
- Three Marks Coffee: breakfast/brunch place with great coffee
- Parking Pizza: not been here, but it's on my list for this year

Wow, that's quite the 'deep pockets' list...

6 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

Mark my words, it will be obvious at main stages and even more at minor stages that open until 6am. Caribou will be a nightmare.

They have an exit directly from the main stages now so there will be zero traffic from the people leaving after the headliners. This combined with the massive trek to bits and some huge clashes will keep everyone moving around a lot 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They have an exit directly from the main stages now so there will be zero traffic from the people leaving after the headliners. This combined with the massive trek to bits and some huge clashes will keep everyone moving around a lot 

We'll see, situation at Cupra stage has been critical for years.

29 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

What's the capacity of Poble Espanyol? 

I accidently quoted myself

5k, the Rina and Little Simz shows STILL have tickets available so it really should not be an issue getting in without one

They've said to someone on Twitter "The VIP area capacity has always been limited. We ask you to take a leap of faith with us, we're sure you'll love the new area. It's bigger than it looks"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get back to being excited.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

They've said to someone on Twitter "The VIP area capacity has always been limited. We ask you to take a leap of faith with us, we're sure you'll love the new area. It's bigger than it looks"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get back to being excited.

Also said that the front VIP area is indeed elevated.

4 hours ago, Orens said:

I'd buy a seperate ticket to the 2nd Thursday Bits area (the 19:00-5:30 Dice lineup +Gizz and Charli XCX at the Tous), but don't think I'll bother going there with no bridge. Even at the end of the night we've got Bicep and 2manydjs at Cupra, no reason to go any further

I thought that it was only the midweek venues that had separate tickets being sold for them. Is there something similar happening with the Bits area?

There's a few things on most days in the Bits area I plan on seeing and then a couple of days where there's 4 or 5 things. A lot of these are towards the end of the night and I'll rarely, if ever, need to go from Bits to Mordor between two gigs. Could the separate ticketing thing interfere with this at all?

Also, what's a realistic walking time from Mordor to Bits? I went in 2019 but don't remember how long it took. Thanks

7 minutes ago, InvalidUsername said:

I thought that it was only the midweek venues that had separate tickets being sold for them. Is there something similar happening with the Bits area?

There's a few things on most days in the Bits area I plan on seeing and then a couple of days where there's 4 or 5 things. A lot of these are towards the end of the night and I'll rarely, if ever, need to go from Bits to Mordor between two gigs. Could the separate ticketing thing interfere with this at all?

Also, what's a realistic walking time from Mordor to Bits? I went in 2019 but don't remember how long it took. Thanks

No, you're getting confused. Just think of Bits as another area of the main festival, it's just a bit of a walk.

Mordor to Bits is 25+ minutes when it's busy, maybe you could do it in 20ish if you were rushing or there weren't any bottlenecks.

37 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Also said that the front VIP area is indeed elevated.

If it really is elevated and includes bars and restrooms like they said on twitter I'll be spending a lot of time there weekend 1. Might just stay in there from Kacey through Pavement on Thursday and Fountaines DC through Jamie xx on Friday.