Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Obviously I've never been before but I'm sure I'll make a 30-minute walk to the Bits area - as a Glasto veteran, 30 minutes is nothing! If it's likely to be a bit quieter over there, even more so.

Certainly not quieter, but probably less crowded. 

Personally, I think 30 minutes from Mordor to Bits is somewhat optimistic.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Looking at the forecast next week it's saying 22 and cloudy most days- is that pretty standard? Appreciate it's a bit early for any certainty. Was expecting hotter to be honest but cooler is better for us if anything (my partner does not do well once it hits the high 20s). We were in Malaga over the weekend and was around 27/28 so this will feel a fair bit cooler.

That said night temperatures are looking pleasant - 18 degrees or so. I'll bring a hoodie though.

Expect it to always be 2 degrees hotter than the forecast. It will be hot. If there's something Barcelona can always deliver on it's weather.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Looking at the forecast next week it's saying 22 and cloudy most days- is that pretty standard? Appreciate it's a bit early for any certainty. Was expecting hotter to be honest but cooler is better for us if anything (my partner does not do well once it hits the high 20s). We were in Malaga over the weekend and was around 27/28 so this will feel a fair bit cooler.

That said night temperatures are looking pleasant - 18 degrees or so. I'll bring a hoodie though.

I don't think I've ever seen an accurate or consistent forecast for Primavera in the week leading up to it: Barcelona's weather is ultra changeable, one minute cloudy and the next blazing sun. You'll get a better idea a couple of days before.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'd buy a seperate ticket to the 2nd Thursday Bits area (the 19:00-5:30 Dice lineup +Gizz and Charli XCX at the Tous), but don't think I'll bother going there with no bridge. Even at the end of the night we've got Bicep and 2manydjs at Cupra, no reason to go any further

If I had WE2 tix, I would do the same. Unforts, I only have WE1. As it looks right now, the Bits lineup over the weekend really doesn't have much of a draw (this is before we see the Boiler Room lineup that is) and I'll be using it more as a safety net if things go sour in the main bit (for example if Shadow becomes unbearable, and while I wait for MYD, might pop over to see DJ Fra (Dice) for a boogie or on Friday, if Young Marco (who is usually great) underperforms, I will run over to see Mano Le Tough for the end of the night shenanigans)

17 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Expect it to always be 2 degrees hotter than the forecast. It will be hot. If there's something Barcelona can always deliver on it's weather.

16 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I don't think I've ever seen an accurate or consistent forecast for Primavera in the week leading up to it: Barcelona's weather is ultra changeable, one minute cloudy and the next blazing sun. You'll get a better idea a couple of days before.

Okay cool thanks! I'm obviously going to be bringing hat, sun lotion etc anyway.

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

hehe the VIP section in the far back is just ridiculous. 200m away from the scene. Maybe the plan is to watch the big screen(?) in the middle. Hopefully the beer price are heavily reduced... 

3 minutes ago, Lars said:

hehe the VIP section in the far back is just ridiculous. 200m away from the scene. Maybe the plan is to watch the big screen(?) in the middle. Hopefully the beer price are heavily reduced... 

At all points east, you used not to be able to see the stage or even a screen from the vip area!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Obviously I've never been before but I'm sure I'll make a 30-minute walk to the Bits area - as a Glasto veteran, 30 minutes is nothing! If it's likely to be a bit quieter over there, even more so.

I was thinking the same. For us Glastonbury regulars, that walk really doesn't look all that bad!

• Upvote 1