Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Except that the VIP section's angle only got worse.

2019:

image.png.0bebb77bf0eb163fc65a1f61f3b13546.png

2022:

image.png.3273bc7e9fd9b9bb03604ac6aab7de7b.png

VIP's just not worth it anymore in Primavera, I wish we would've known this a while ago.

Same here. I'd rather have my money back than the paltry VIP benefits we're getting.

Why stop at money back, lets file a class action against those bastards! But in all seriousness, PS have been able to stir this ship through two and something ridiculously challenging years and came out the other end with a phenomenal 20 years edition with an arguably unparalleled line-up, so not getting priority access to the mosh pit this year, seems to me somehwhat of a minor grievance (having said that, I fully acknowledge that each punter's personal financial circumstances are different and mean no disrespect to anyone who feels shortchanged by the limiting of the VIP benefits this year).

• Upvote 1

Most of the recent VIP bashing is based on a map. I agree it doesn't look great with comparison to the past but would it not be better to wait for the actual festival or any further communication (which they could've handled better yes, I'd imagine you'd get an extra mail when you're a VIP)? I also agree it feels weird they would've upped the price that much for WE2 and then give less. Then again: there aren't any actual promises made on where your vip area will be etc... 

• Upvote 1

I was a bit gutted I didn't get VIP this time around, but looking at how far back that VIP viewing platform/area is in the photo, I'm pleased we didn't bother now. Having it that far back is a piss take.

When it was along the side you could quite close to either stage and still feel a part of it all, or, if you weren't too bothered go more in the middle. Having it at the back like that though will just make the whole experience feel removed.

Edited by Familiar2billions

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Most of the recent VIP bashing is based on a map. I agree it doesn't look great with comparison to the past but would it not be better to wait for the actual festival or any further communication (which they could've handled better yes, I'd imagine you'd get an extra mail when you're a VIP)? I also agree it feels weird they would've upped the price that much for WE2 and then give less. Then again: there aren't any actual promises made on where your vip area will be etc... 

An extra email? As a 2019 VIP ticket-holder I actually don't get any mails from them, although I mailed them about it (got no response). I only read the mails you guys are posting 😂

So much for a lack of communication...

10 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Why stop at money back, lets file a class action against those bastards! But in all seriousness, PS have been able to stir this ship through two and something ridiculously challenging years and came out the other end with a phenomenal 20 years edition with an arguably unparalleled line-up, so not getting priority access to the mosh pit this year, seems to me somehwhat of a minor grievance (having said that, I fully acknowledge that each punter's personal financial circumstances are different and mean no disrespect to anyone who feels shortchanged by the limiting of the VIP benefits this year).

You joke but on reddit there’s a post saying that Primavera has broken the law!!

I normally trust them to get these things right but my bigger worry is that they’ve messed up with capacity, given inaccessibility of Bits. 

Feels like a very real risk that people won’t bother going to Bits as too far away this year, which could make the main section uncomfortably crowded this year.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if there are other teething problems in Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 people will end up getting a better experience.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

You joke but on reddit there’s a post saying that Primavera has broken the law!!

That's nuts. I actually know their lawyers. Would be very surprised if there were actual grounds.

...and re Bits, I hope you're wrong but I can see where the concern is coming from 😞

Does anyone know if you'll actually be entry without the accessticket thing?

I sold my ticket a couple of months ago via TicketSwap but that was before the emails about accessticket went out. Their customer service is non existent and I don't seem to have a way of contacting the buyer.

2 minutes ago, Etaish said:

That's nuts. I actually know their lawyers. Would be very surprised if there were actual grounds.

...and re Bits, I hope you're wrong but I can see where the concern is coming from 😞

There aren’t any grounds of course. A lot of the people on reddit act like spoilt teenagers - it’s embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I normally trust them to get these things right but my bigger worry is that they’ve messed up with capacity, given inaccessibility of Bits. 

Feels like a very real risk that people won’t bother going to Bits as too far away this year, which could make the main section uncomfortably crowded this year.

I think you're probably right about this, particularly given that new photo of the main stage area which has made me a little nervous all of a sudden.

Bits is basically half an hour walk at peak times from Mordor – how many people are realistically going to be arsed going back and forth to this to watch stuff that aren't 'key acts'?

Unless they're somehow making that routing between main site and Bits extremly efficient I think a lot of people might just swerve it completely. Even as someone that's been for years even I've been looking at the scheduling and wondering if any of the acts up there are worth sacrificing a 20+ minute walk to when I could be watching something else in main site.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Unless they're somehow making that routing between main site and Bits extremly efficient I think a lot of people might just swerve it completely. Even as someone that's been for years even I've been looking at the scheduling and wondering if any of the acts up there are worth sacrificing a 20+ minute walk to when I could be watching something else in main site.

unless you're only using it for the "end of the night" bit when you know there's nothing leftto watch in the main area stages

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Bits is absolutely nothing for me going W1. The noticeable exception is Charli being in bits in W2 clashing with Tyler and between Dua and Bicep. You would think if they were gonna do that kind of crowd split it would also be present in W1 somewhere. 

Just now, Etaish said:

unless you're only using it for the "end of the night" bit when you know there's nothing leftto watch in the main area stages

I'd buy a seperate ticket to the 2nd Thursday Bits area (the 19:00-5:30 Dice lineup +Gizz and Charli XCX at the Tous), but don't think I'll bother going there with no bridge. Even at the end of the night we've got Bicep and 2manydjs at Cupra, no reason to go any further

Very pessimistic in this thread. All this doom posting has got me feeling down this morning.

I'm gonna avoid this thread for a while. Some of us have waited three years for this and are understandably hyped without speculating on capacity stuff/VIP locations when none of us have stepped on the festival grounds yet.

Have a great festival everyone and feel free to continue to drop me a DM for the Primavera WhatsApp group invite.

• Upvote 5

Looking at the forecast next week it's saying 22 and cloudy most days- is that pretty standard? Appreciate it's a bit early for any certainty. Was expecting hotter to be honest but cooler is better for us if anything (my partner does not do well once it hits the high 20s). We were in Malaga over the weekend and was around 27/28 so this will feel a fair bit cooler.

That said night temperatures are looking pleasant - 18 degrees or so. I'll bring a hoodie though.