Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

13 minutes ago, frankburns said:

Still hoping for a Hidden Stage where Primavera-regulars like Bradford Cox, David Gedge and/or John Dwyer might appear...

Probably a surprise (if at all) at this point, as there's no Hidden Stage on the map (let alone other live stages with unannounced lineups)

1 hour ago, Jamm said:

Help!!

We fly UK -> Spain June 1st, fly back June 6th.

My friend just dropped the bombshell his passport expires August 26th.

Is our only option realistically the online one day service? No appointments, we’ve refreshed all day and only some Belfast ones became available. We need Durham. Is it now just a case of refresh all day every day and hope otherwise he doesn’t go?

or is there any other options? He found a site VisaHQ that guarantees 7 day passport renewal but I don’t know if I trust them.

See if the £177 2 day service has different appointments available to the 7 day one, yeah. Don't just sit refreshing the 7 day one for the chance to save £35. 

And do not under any circumstances use something like VisaHQ to try and get a passport in the next 9 days. Gov website only. Well, actually, I guess if you wanna gamble the money you could rather than cancelling everything as it might be hard to shift tickets at this point.

Good luck!

Edited by BenG92

59 minutes ago, Orens said:

Probably a surprise (if at all) at this point, as there's no Hidden Stage on the map (let alone other live stages with unannounced lineups)

Nothing timetabled for the NTS warehouse until.10 pm . So could definitely get something on before that

3 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Nothing timetabled for the NTS warehouse until.10 pm . So could definitely get something on before that

A heavily-flavored electronic stage, that's 99.9% not a spot for Bradford Cox. Ditto for the Boiler Room stage (unless they go for DJ sets by the festival's favorite musicians)

4 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

They arent answering questions about the wristbands, are we sure there are going to be wristbands? Maybe they go 100% app.

You should have had an email by now and it's been answered many times here: "We will still give out a wristband because we know that everyone loves to have one, but its value will be symbolic." So yeah, but they're not to actually get in.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody got any kind of packing list or tips on stuff that may be useful for the festival/in general that others may not think of? Hoping to have a pretty streamlined two weeks and not have (m)any ‘oh shit why didn’t I bring/buy that?!’ moments. 

Stuff: summer clothes, undies and socks, jacket/hoodie for night, hat, shades, small backpacks, flasks for smuggling, eye masks and earplugs for plane/hotel, face masks if needed anywhere, books for travel/downtime

Consumables: Sun spray / aftersun, small sun CREAM for taking in (can't take spray), hand sanitiser, small tissue pack, compeed plasters, cheap toothbrush, travel bathroom supplies

Buy in Spain: Booze, snacks, paracetamol, 330ml water bottles hide caps, cigarettes, extra curricular substances optional 

There's my list if it helps! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Orens said:

A heavily-flavored electronic stage, that's 99.9% not a spot for Bradford Cox. Ditto for the Boiler Room stage (unless they go for DJ sets by the festival's favorite musicians)

Yeah but when mogwai were a surprise gig it was at a bits stage

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Orens said:

Well, on an actual live stage at the bits called Bacardi LIVE, mind you 😉

However, the map shows a Bar where the 2017 "hidden stage" (in plain sight right by the entrance of the festival but hey) that Arcade Fire played their suprise Gig on was located. Since its a corner of the festival where nothing else happens, a bar would only make sense if there is a stage...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

However, the map shows a Bar where the 2017 "hidden stage" (in plain sight right by the entrance of the festival but hey) that Arcade Fire played their suprise Gig on was located. Since its a corner of the festival where nothing else happens, a bar would only make sense if there is a stage...

Great spot. There are so many potential smaller additions to the band, it makes so much sense that this would be the case.

Plus Hidden has been a tradition for a decade plus.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody got any kind of packing list or tips on stuff that may be useful for the festival/in general that others may not think of? Hoping to have a pretty streamlined two weeks and not have (m)any ‘oh shit why didn’t I bring/buy that?!’ moments. 

Adding to this: has anyone had experience with stuff like "Rave Doctor" or other vitamin mixtures at festivals? Guess I could use some extra vitamins 😄

10 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Looks like you can only access the Primavera stage from the "far" side as the side that leads to the top of Ray-Ban is closed off.

Indeed. But that would be a total waste of space in front of that stage and double the time needed to change between the two stages as well as creating a totally unneccessary bottleneck. Lets just hope they don't do that. Also, the map doesn't show why they'd need to move the stage further towards the grass ramp.

Edited by Quadrophobia

am i right in thinking they've done away with the lovely free-for-all bleachers in mordor? a few of my friends have physical issues (not bad enough to be a full-blown disability, but enough to be a pain in the arse) and being able to sit on seats, not on the ground, was a lifesaver. and quite frankly, i liked being able to sit and watch bands without worrying about being trodden on/in peoples' way. would be a real disappointment if they're vip-only (though i can see vip are having their own issues too!).

Edited by badsandwich

10 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I don’t Don’t know if I have missed them in my dive into primavera . Is there any bands playing that sound like The Black Angels or Wooden Shjips 

try the band Derby Motoreta's Burrito Kachimba, definitely have a bit of a crossover sound with these 2 bands

30 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Looks like you can only access the Primavera stage from the "far" side as the side that leads to the top of Ray-Ban is closed off.

I can’t see that it’s closed off? 
looks the same as it always has except there is VIP stand to the right as you would walk up the hill 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Great spot. There are so many potential smaller additions to the band, it makes so much sense that this would be the case.

Plus Hidden has been a tradition for a decade plus.

Hasn’t there always been a bar there down the side of the Primavera Stage and the Hot Dog stand and then one at the very top of the hill - think it might have been Aperol or Gin in 2019? 

46 minutes ago, Traci said:

I can’t see that it’s closed off? 
looks the same as it always has except there is VIP stand to the right as you would walk up the hill 

If you compare the 2022 map with the 2019 one you can see that the greyed out area is different now and suggests you won't be able to hop between Primavera and Ray-Ban as before. As pointed out by another poster, the position/orientation of the Primavera stage has also been changed a little.

That VIP area has been there for a while now. It's not a stand, is it, just an enclosed area (can't remember).

5 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

I assume that a number of VIP punters will not bother with the middle pit as they'd prefer to be up front anyway.  If I don't make it into the middle pit, then I'll just be in general admission. I have no interest in sitting at the back.

I'll be one of those punters & I'm particularly angry. Tried out VIP in 2013 & didn't think much of it. Went back to regular tickets. Didn't notice the VIP front pits till showing up super early for Radiohead in 2016. As I watched people casually stroll in & out of that VIP pit for ~4 hours that day, my feelings about it not being worth it changed.

Decided to buy VIP the moment Pavement was announced. And now, after holding out hope for the last week that it wasn't the case, the festival confirms they've done away with the front VIP pit. Meaning, in order for me to secure a spot close to the stage for Pavement, I'll have to camp out during one of the trendiest acts of the entire festival?! Or somehow maneuver myself to the front as a mass exodus is happening. Perrrrrfect.

Can't help but feel cursed. As if being short isn't a curse already.