Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, sinivali said:

300 for early birds, I think? 

250 back in June 2019, think I shelled an extra 425 for the W2 VIP upgrade. Ended up pretty expensive and I'm not certain about the return, which makes for a pretty bad outlook.

10 minutes ago, Lars said:

Hopefully it is big enough to cater for the ones that have paid the extra money for the VIP ticket. I have had previous experiences with not being able to enter the VIP area in front of the scene because it was full... 😞 

Yeah. While the middle area is appealing, the back area is sucks. Highly concern that there’s a limitation on number of people in the middle area. (Why the hell people want to choose in the back if they can have a good view position in the middle with bar and toilet)

52 minutes ago, Orens said:

I just bashed them on Twitter. Won't buy a VIP ticket for next year. Getting tired of this BS, not the kind of communication I expected after holding a VIP ticket for 3 straight years (and upgrading to a 2-weekender VIP for an extra 425 euros). I wasn't too angry about the change in VIP preferential in the Ciutat, but they really f'd it up this time.

What was the change in VIP preferential for Ciutat?

8 minutes ago, blurfan said:

What was the change in VIP preferential for Ciutat?

Only VIP ticket holders used to get a priority for Ciutat indoor shows (in the form of a different queue at the entrance). Now one-weekend VIP ticket holders don't have any priority, but two-weekenders (both regular and VIP) do get it. It appears that the value is constantly dwindling.

Edited by Orens

26 minutes ago, Bram said:

Yeah. While the middle area is appealing, the back area is sucks. Highly concern that there’s a limitation on number of people in the middle area. (Why the hell people want to choose in the back if they can have a good view position in the middle with bar and toilet)

At previous primaveras. They had a raised area at the side for VIP like a temporary stand , so that's just at the back now , had its own bar and toilets. 

As someone who's voiced his opinion on VIP's at a festival (i think it flat out sucks that not everyone gets the same experience) here before I just want to state that the area preserved right now is most likely near the PA and therefore probably the best place you could be at soundwise. And in some cases VIPs aren't always the biggest fans or partyheads so the atmosphere up front could be a bit more fun for both fans & band.
They chose to add the other area in the back of instead of the side as the 2 stages are now next to each other. Those are probably huge stands so that most VIP holders could at least have seated view at the stages albeit from the back (but considering this setup there'll be screens & extra speakers midway the field.
So honestly, i don't see that much reason for complaining but hey, I wasn't in favour anyways 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Orens said:

With the AccessTicket logos on the map and the text "AccessTicket payment", it seems that they are going cashless using the app.

Sounds awful, if I may. I'd be fine with the wristbands.

I was wondering but there's still quite a few ATM's as well. So they might do both

2 minutes ago, Rhak said:

As someone who's voiced his opinion on VIP's at a festival (i think it flat out sucks that not everyone gets the same experience) here before I just want to state that the area preserved right now is most likely near the PA and therefore probably the best place you could be at soundwise. And in some cases VIPs aren't always the biggest fans or partyheads so the atmosphere up front could be a bit more fun for both fans & band.
They chose to add the other area in the back of instead of the side as the 2 stages are now next to each other. Those are probably huge stands so that most VIP holders could at least have seated view at the stages albeit from the back (but considering this setup there'll be screens & extra speakers midway the field.
So honestly, i don't see that much reason for complaining but hey, I wasn't in favour anyways 🙂

I'm a party guy who just wanted to make it to more concerts with a good spot, where I'm allowed to party. From the back it's gonna be strange, and I'm worried that I won't make it inside as the area seems too small at this point.

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

With the AccessTicket logos on the map and the text "AccessTicket payment", it seems that they are going cashless using the app.

Sounds awful, if I may. I'd be fine with the wristbands.

As ever with lots of bits of this fucking festival punters have to figure it out via deep dive in social media comments as to what's going on, and apparently they're doing both – so the option will be there for both cash and cashless at this year's event. Likely they'll be pushing for completely cashless in future, however.

7 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

At previous primaveras. They had a raised area at the side for VIP like a temporary stand , so that's just at the back now , had its own bar and toilets. 

Yeah..the raised area in the past VIP only good for private toilets and rest area (with bar) while the sound and  view sucks big time. The main privilege is clearly the front pit. I can’t imagine the queue for the middle pit (only one) in the current VIP setting (pretty sure there’s a limitation of people to access it with the small size compare the one in the back). Thus, most VIP ticket holders have to accept to be located in the far back with disappointing sound and view. 

The way PS organizer communicate this type of information after they sell the ticket and less than two weeks prior to the festival is outrageous for me.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bram said:

I can’t imagine the queue for the middle pit (only one) in the current VIP setting (pretty sure there’s a limitation of people to access it with the small size compare the one in the back). Thus, most VIP ticket holders have to accept to be located in the far back with disappointing sound and view. 

I assume that a number of VIP punters will not bother with the middle pit as they'd prefer to be up front anyway.  If I don't make it into the middle pit, then I'll just be in general admission. I have no interest in sitting at the back.

Should really be called the FMH ticket instead - Fuck Me Harder.

The VIP pricing for the second weekend was extortionate, and the experience this year looks like it'll be worse than expected. There used to be a nice early bird discount to attract previous VIP holders to go VIP again, but if this is the direction Primavera is going, then that's the last.

Help!!

We fly UK -> Spain June 1st, fly back June 6th.

My friend just dropped the bombshell his passport expires August 26th.

Is our only option realistically the online one day service? No appointments, we’ve refreshed all day and only some Belfast ones became available. We need Durham. Is it now just a case of refresh all day every day and hope otherwise he doesn’t go?

or is there any other options? He found a site VisaHQ that guarantees 7 day passport renewal but I don’t know if I trust them.

4 minutes ago, daveje said:

Should really be called the FMH ticket instead - Fuck Me Harder.

The VIP pricing for the second weekend was extortionate, and the experience this year looks like it'll be worse than expected. There used to be a nice early bird discount to attract previous VIP holders to go VIP again, but if this is the direction Primavera is going, then that's the last.

Yup.. and unlike W1, I found that no Auditori stage at W2 is such a disappointment. I wonder why no people complaint about that. 

6 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I don’t Don’t know if I have missed them in my dive into primavera . Is there any bands playing that sound like The Black Angels or Wooden Shjips 

I guess the closest we had was maybe OM that got cancelled? Have you checked out the Indonesian band Senyawa playing the Friday W2?

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

How are yo la tengo these days? Never seen them, a fan of their trio of classic releases but also very eager to see the armed so I would appreciate a feedback 

Haven't seen them in a while. They were great headlining End of the Road in 2010. I remember they played "I heard you looking" which was very loud and beautiful, Ira Kaplan was really on form. Then I saw them at Primavera Porto in 2012 which was less great with a more sleepy feel to it. 

3 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

How are yo la tengo these days? Never seen them, a fan of their trio of classic releases but also very eager to see the armed so I would appreciate a feedback 

Saw them in 2018 and enjoyed it, though it was very short and had hardly any songs from my favourite records, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One & And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out