Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Running belt/bumbag/tight zipped or front pockets, anything that keeps valuables close to body/awkward to access that you'd notice absense. I've visited (& lived) in Barcelona many times without incident, I visibly look younger and foreign. Carry yourself like you know what you're doing/ going. Prepare yourself should you lose a card /phone by splitting what you have on you and have in accommodation. Pickpocketing is essentially decriminalised under a certain value of stolen goods there isn't a real punishment in unlikely event they're caught. In a particularly grim example, friend of mine living near la rambla was groped ,their natural reaction to put hands down to protect themselves and then phone stolen from pocket. To counterbalance at PS , I left my phone in portaloo one night (using light) and a Spanish guy answered and arranged to meet near the food court. Does happen everywhere of course but unfortunately there is merit in being particularly vigilant in Barcelona imo. Just be aware of who's in your physical space, people carrying jackets in metro, creating drama etc.

19 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

The VIP thing is such a bummer considering how much more they were this year. Really hope it’s better than it looks. I asked them on Twitter about a pit and got no response, unsurprisingly. 

Have not yet received the email on updated map, but yeah pretty disappointed with the VIP arrangement

38 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

just got an email from Primavera about the food, but the important part is the detailed map. the VIP's in the Mordor are indeed not right in front.

and also if I understand correctly, the bridge is for handicapped only 

image.thumb.png.85bee33d996ec06255f991f385217503.png

Nice! Is there a larger version of this map? 

2 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

they tweeted the other day that wristbands were more of a symbolic thing, then deleted/edited it.

Also, on the map - what is GOLF STORE?

I'm assuming it's Golf Le Fleur, Tyler's clothing brand. Could be a really cool store and makes sense with him headlining.

51 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

The VIP thing is such a bummer considering how much more they were this year. Really hope it’s better than it looks. I asked them on Twitter about a pit and got no response, unsurprisingly. 

I just bashed them on Twitter. Won't buy a VIP ticket for next year. Getting tired of this BS, not the kind of communication I expected after holding a VIP ticket for 3 straight years (and upgrading to a 2-weekender VIP for an extra 425 euros). I wasn't too angry about the change in VIP preferential in the Ciutat, but they really f'd it up this time.

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

What time do the gates for the festival actually open for wristband collection on the Thursday? Dice says 16.00 but presumably that's wrong if that's the time Lingua Ignota starts in the Auditori. Keen to make sure I'm there in good time for that.

You'll be able to get in with your AccessTicket app alone, you can always go get your wristband after but as mentioned in this forum, wristbands are simply decorative and not necessary to get inside any venues.

Definitely frustrated at paying for VIP to access the front pits and them not being there this year. I don't normally stump for VIP at festivals but figured it would be worth it for that alone.

I'll reserve judgment on the area until we get there. It looks a bit further back than I'd normally choose to be at a show but I like that it has toilets and a bar in the area which will make things easier if watching multiple acts on the main stages. Those 5 minute turnarounds aren't long enough for a toilet and a bar stop otherwise.

Honestly being smack bang in the middle of both stages with private bar and toilets sounds like a win. With 5 minutes between main stage acts, non-VIP are gonna have to be walking around a lot more for bar, toilet and repositioning while the music is on. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Like 1

Just now, BenG92 said:

Honestly being smack bang in the middle of both stages with private bar and toilets sounds like a win. With 5 minutes between main stage acts, non-VIP are gonna have to be walking around a lot more for bar, toilet and repositioning. 

Yeah this is definitely the part that sounds appealing. Some nights we're doing 3 or 4 in a row on the main stages and so having toilets and a bar in the area is going to make that so much more enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Honestly being smack bang in the middle of both stages with private bar and toilets sounds like a win. With 5 minutes between main stage acts, non-VIP are gonna have to be walking around a lot more for bar, toilet and repositioning while the music is on. 

Hopefully it is big enough to cater for the ones that have paid the extra money for the VIP ticket. I have had previous experiences with not being able to enter the VIP area in front of the scene because it was full... 😞 

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

just got an email from Primavera about the food, but the important part is the detailed map. the VIP's in the Mordor are indeed not right in front.

and also if I understand correctly, the bridge is for handicapped only 

image.thumb.png.85bee33d996ec06255f991f385217503.png

The new exit from the main stages is really great, sparing us unneccessary walks across the entire site to get out and will probably relieve the density Problem at Ray Ban (RIP) late at night.

But it will also be more tempting to leave after the headliners instead of watching that 3:00 AM Gig at Pitchfork (RIP)