Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, Orens said:

Still can't find them, they did mention they will perform at LAUT on the 7th (which probably means the last gig)

Mumdance & Bestie Bebe have not been given slots yet either. Only Stella Donnelly of the 4 new additions is on the timetable currently.

So with the 2 big stages now sitting side by side I guess it does make getting down the front early for your favourite headliner a little bit more entertaining (as in you look to your left or right & have a 'warm up' act playing while you wait).

Also Jockstrap on the Monday city circuit seem to now be playing all by themselves - hope they get the audience they deserve!

Edited by livenstu

7 hours ago, puckno said:

Imo 40 minutes for DIIV is blasphemic. They're squeezed in between napalm death at adidas and beach house at primavera. I understand the need for 1 hour for napalm death, with a zillion records in their discography, and the urge to get beach house going. Still a shame though.

Really want to see DIIV, but idk how it will work for Beach House. I have to be in first rows and centered during Beach House set and DIIV kind a ruin things a bit. Idk how long takes to get from Plentitude to Binance? Is it the best option to skip DIIV (damn) for Beach House?

4 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Really want to see DIIV, but idk how it will work for Beach House. I have to be in first rows and centered during Beach House set and DIIV kind a ruin things a bit. Idk how long takes to get from Plentitude to Binance? Is it the best option to skip DIIV (damn) for Beach House?

Walking from Plenitude to Binance takes about 3 minutes, they are very close. There are normally not that much people lining up to get front rows at Primavera/Binance stage. I think the 15 min gap between DIIV finishing and Beach House will be plenty, if I were you I would catch both sets. 

• Upvote 3

I think it is really going to be a shame if there are no smaller stages this year, considering it is a super edition etc I would expect something where things can be a bit more intimate to make things a bit more special, some of my favourite gigs at Primavera have been the smaller shows, Meuran Humanos at the Rayban unplugged was great as was Weyes Blood playing to 80 people at the Mango tent, fingers crossed they have a few surprises.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, postC86 said:

I think it is really going to be a shame if there are no smaller stages this year, considering it is a super edition etc I would expect something where things can be a bit more intimate to make things a bit more special, some of my favourite gigs at Primavera have been the smaller shows, Meuran Humanos at the Rayban unplugged was great as was Weyes Blood playing to 80 people at the Mango tent, fingers crossed they have a few surprises.

They’ve always done this so can’t see why they wouldn’t at their 20th anniversary 

5 hours ago, TiZuff said:

do i see all of fred again and then run over to tame impala (weekend 2) ?? or do i just get a good spot for tame impala? how long do you think the walk is from the Ouigo stage to the main stages? eeeek

If you are the sporty type and do a brisk walk/sprint you can easily move from Ouigo/Plenitude stages to Main stages in 5 minutes. But for a slow/comfortable walk you should calculate 10 minutes. 

Sorry for spamming here again but I am pretty desperate to sell my tickets as I can no longer go 😞

I'm selling two Weekend 2 tickets, €155 each (paid €175 for them back in 2020). Transfer via Dice app. DM me if you're interested!

2 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

If you are the sporty type and do a brisk walk/sprint you can easily move from Ouigo/Plenitude stages to Main stages in 5 minutes. But for a slow/comfortable walk you should calculate 10 minutes. 

That's a bit optimistic. I'd say it's at the very least 10 minutes, and in crowded hours (like the type of hours Tame Impala) are playing I would expect 15-20 minutes.

14 hours ago, livenstu said:

So with the 2 big stages now sitting side by side I guess it does make getting down the front early for your favourite headliner a little bit more entertaining (as in you look to your left or right & have a 'warm up' act playing while you wait).

Yeah I'm happy about that, always wondered why Primavera didn't do it. I was in a festival with two side by side main stages (Osheaga in Montreal) and it was always great to be able to see the other show while waiting for your favorite headliner.

34 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

That's a bit optimistic. I'd say it's at the very least 10 minutes, and in crowded hours (like the type of hours Tame Impala) are playing I would expect 15-20 minutes.

Fair enough, I might not be representative as most people might not wanna sprint between the stages.. But 20 minutes seems extreme.. I think it would never take me that long from Pitchfork to Mordor regardless of how crowded and even if I stop for a beer on the way over. 

I have checked with a contact in the know and Quimera is just a promotional act for a new series coming from a well-known platform. The guy is an argentinian actor/trap singer. Can't share more but I have checked the info and matches.

Sad times as C Tangana or Bad Bunny would have been a great addition.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I have checked with a contact in the know and Quimera is just a promotional act for a new series coming from a well-known platform. The guy is an argentian actor/trap singer. Can't share more but I have checked the info and matches.

Sad times as C Tangana or Bad Bunny would have been a great addition.

So you're saying it's Arcade Fire then? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I've heard some people say that they clear the auditori after each gig. I'm planning to see Low and then Autechre (with my priority being Autechre) so I'm wondering if they do clear the venue, is it possible I'll have to leave/queue again and risk missing Autechre?

Am I correct in saying the two razzmataz venues and two apolo venues are both part of the same entry? ie. I won't have to commit to one part of the venue. Are there any other venues which are like this?

9 minutes ago, InvalidUsername said:

I've heard some people say that they clear the auditori after each gig. I'm planning to see Low and then Autechre (with my priority being Autechre) so I'm wondering if they do clear the venue, is it possible I'll have to leave/queue again and risk missing Autechre?

Am I correct in saying the two razzmataz venues and two apolo venues are both part of the same entry? ie. I won't have to commit to one part of the venue. Are there any other venues which are like this?

I don’t think you have to leave the Auditori between acts, but I’m not 100% on that.

And I’m pretty sure the the likes of Raz 1 and Raz 2 will be cordoned off as separate venues so you can’t just dip between the two - you’ll have to pick one, leave, and then re-queue if you want to move to the other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think you have to leave the Auditori between acts, but I’m not 100% on that.

And I’m pretty sure the the likes of Raz 1 and Raz 2 will be cordoned off as separate venues so you can’t just dip between the two - you’ll have to pick one, leave, and then re-queue if you want to move to the other. 

I have stayed several times in Auditori without it being cleared. But it will depend if there is a big queue for Autchere. I remember that sometimes is cleared between big acts.

• Like 1