Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

I think we're just not immersed in Spanish youth music enough to know about this artist. I’m sure everyone has small artists in the country that no one knows about in the mainstream, but in their coterie they are popular and have a heavy audience (thousands of subscribers in socials).

Delete everything from social networks is a standard promo kit for musicians before a big event. Primavera Sound is a big event for sure. Especially if the Quiemera is going to release new music on the Primavera Label. They can use all their resources to achieve the best results.

I think we should take off tin foil hats 🙂

Ok, stage and hour of his exibithion?

Edited by Fabrizzo

39 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

I think we're just not immersed in Spanish youth music enough to know about this artist. I’m sure everyone has small artists in the country that no one knows about in the mainstream, but in their coterie they are popular and have a heavy audience (thousands of subscribers in socials).

Delete everything from social networks is a standard promo kit for musicians before a big event. Primavera Sound is a big event for sure. Especially if the Quiemera is going to release new music on the Primavera Label. They can use all their resources to achieve the best results.

I think we should take off tin foil hats 🙂

Deleting social media doesn't delete everything they've done previously.

There is no mention of this act anywhere on the internet prior to 2 months ago (and even then it's just a fake wikipedia entry).

There's no record of the albums they've supposedly released over the last 7 years.

There's no record of the single concert we know of, from 2019 supposedly, which is almost certainly faked by the new (and since deleted) wikipedia account that created their wikipedia entry 6 weeks ago, let alone any other concert.

There's no record of anyone with that name and the moniker Quimera https://www.google.com/search?q=Salvador+Rodríguez+quimera

yet someone knows all about their life and birthplace and DOB and family and background to put a supposedly real bio on wikipedia. Nowhere else on the internet seems to have any of this information.

30k on tiktok and instagram isn't a "heavy audience" either, especially when the posts on instagram at least have almost no engagement. Almost certainly just bot farm followers that have been purchased.

Even if they had kept their social media accounts deleted, there would be genuine mentions, photos and records of this artist in other outlets. There are none.

It is 100% not a real artist.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Deleting social media doesn't delete everything they've done previously.

There is no mention of this act anywhere on the internet prior to 2 months ago (and even then it's just a fake wikipedia entry).

There's no record of the albums they've supposedly released over the last 7 years.

There's no record of the single concert we know of, from 2019 supposedly, which is almost certainly faked by the new (and since deleted) wikipedia account that created their wikipedia entry 6 weeks ago, let alone any other concert.

There's no record of anyone with that name and the moniker Quimera https://www.google.com/search?q=Salvador+Rodríguez+quimera

yet someone knows all about their life and birthplace and DOB and family and background to put a supposedly real bio on wikipedia. Nowhere else on the internet seems to have any of this information.

30k on tiktok and instagram isn't a "heavy audience" either, especially when the posts on instagram at least have almost no engagement. Almost certainly just bot farm followers that have been purchased.

Even if they had kept their social media accounts deleted, there would be genuine mentions, photos and records of this artist in other outlets. There are none.

It is 100% not a real artist.

This is perfect analysis. Also re-read his description…it pretty much reads in the unique style of Primavera’s content. They’ve had some fun inventing a fake past (and don’t forget they’ve had all of the pandemic to come up with this) with unique tattoos and an unsupportive father (ha!).

Don’t think in the end the instagram people are bots. Rather they’ve probably taken an old account of his under a different name (likely when he used to be called Crema and was a different genre) and then re-named it as Quimera, which explains the existing followers and reactions.

Just a small detail but reading through the schedule it seems like most stages have default set times for different slots. The same slots with exactly same times are recurring between different days. I guess they have struggled with the scheduling and this made it easier. 

But scheduling becomes a bit less flexible this way. I did react to several strange set lengths. Cigarettes After Sex in a 75 min slot when many groups with way more extensive careers have 50-60 mins and a band like DIIV gets 40 mins which is very short for anyone other than maybe someone making their debut.

Any favourite Primavera Pro artists so far?

Pretty Happy, punk band from Cork are not too bad. And listening to Spiral Vortex from Chile now, sounds like a mix of Tame Impala and Iosonouncane. Might also give the Brazilian bands a chance as I have a thing for Brazilian culture. 

1 hour ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I haven't followed this but Spanish artist of some kind of urban music.. it would have been nice with Rosalia! 

But the clues points to this being a male artist?

I've not seen anyone mention Rosalia either, has she been fully ruled out? A chimera is referred to as female...

7 hours ago, DiegosLeftHand said:

are the strokes and Charli xcx really playing shorter sets at weekend 2? that's very annoying if true.

I would tend to believe they will play sets of similar lenghts, ie. leave the stage earlier than the timetable says on one of the 2 sets. (Not unheard of for headliners who get allowed long set times)

Edited by BenjoDiMeo

2 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Pretty Happy, punk band from Cork are not too bad. And listening to Spiral Vortex from Chile now, sounds like a mix of Tame Impala and Iosonouncane. Might also give the Brazilian bands a chance as I have a thing for Brazilian culture. 

M (h) aol  , My Ugly Clementine, Shishi,  those are the best 3 for me ....

2 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

11 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Would they create a song and video just for this?

Also, not sure if related but there was a wikipedia entry created for "Quimera (cantante)" which was removed a month ago due to promotional content. Don´t know how to retrieve it but you can see the preview in google:

image.thumb.png.5c47da0f409dd53adbdf3e0006e460ea.png

The woman in the video looks an awful lot like Rosalia.

Core Festival suddenly added Denzel Curry as a replacement for Stormzy. It's the first European festival for Denzel in June. Since he is on a European tour until June 2 (Poland) and Barcelona is not on the list, can we hope to see him added to the Primavera lineup? Next show after Europe is The Gov Ball in NY on June 11.

15 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

Core Festival suddenly added Denzel Curry as a replacement for Stormzy. It's the first European festival for Denzel in June. Since he is on a European tour until June 2 (Poland) and Barcelona is not on the list, can we hope to see him added to the Primavera lineup? Next show after Europe is The Gov Ball in NY on June 11.

Should be a good addition for the fest. W1 is lacking hip hop performer. Only Earl S and Tyler (if I’m not mistaken)

10 minutes ago, Bram said:

Should be a good addition for the fest. W1 is lacking hip hop performer. Only Earl S and Tyler (if I’m not mistaken)

And the bastards put Earl on during The Strokes and King Gizzard. Just terrible. 

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

And the bastards put Earl on during The Strokes and King Gizzard. Just terrible. 

LoL.. I also will skip Tyler for Beach House. Hopefully they’ll still have the SEAT stage concept like in 2019 edition. Saw several good rap/urban/hip hop performer there (AJ Tracey, Little Simz). Eventho it’s highly doubtful to expect additional name at this point.

12 hours ago, Ben_Monk said:

Got it. Who can help solve?

Salvador Rodríguez (La Plata, Argentina, November 28, 1998) better known by his stage name Quimera, is a rapper, singer, songwriter, freestyler and model of the Spanish urban scene. Characterized by making emotions his main battlefield.

I would guess Nathy Peluso has something to do with it. She is from Argentina and lives in Barcelona. In 2019 she was already a face of the festival and she has announced new music for June. 

5 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Cigarettes After Sex in a 75 min slot when many groups with way more extensive careers have 50-60 mins and a band like DIIV gets 40 mins which is very short for anyone other than maybe someone making their debut.

Imo 40 minutes for DIIV is blasphemic. They're squeezed in between napalm death at adidas and beach house at primavera. I understand the need for 1 hour for napalm death, with a zillion records in their discography, and the urge to get beach house going. Still a shame though.

• Upvote 3