Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Guys come on this quimera it’s just… quimera. If they had some big shots to fire they would have already given the backlash they have received 

Spotify decription: If ya know, ya know. No introduction needed

Last instagram: if the label finds out

Profile only set up 7 days ago and on Primavera's label.

Sounds like classic Primavera game-playing...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Guys come on this quimera it’s just… quimera. If they had some big shots to fire they would have already given the backlash they have received 

Idk but this announcement is just fishy, they have added plenty of small names to the line-up in the past few weeks but they didn't make posts like this about them on social media... The also wrote that he is 'an icon of urban music', I would hardly call a completely unknown artist an 'icon'

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah all hints at some sort of secret set. Clearly it’s not gonna be anybody I’m interested in, but fun to follow and try and figure out nonetheless.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Would they create a song and video just for this?

Also, not sure if related but there was a wikipedia entry created for "Quimera (cantante)" which was removed a month ago due to promotional content. Don´t know how to retrieve it but you can see the preview in google:

image.thumb.png.5c47da0f409dd53adbdf3e0006e460ea.png

4 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Would they create a song and video just for this?

Also, not sure if related but there was a wikipedia entry created for "Quimera (cantante)" which was removed a month ago due to promotional content. Don´t know how to retrieve it but you can see the preview in google:

image.thumb.png.5c47da0f409dd53adbdf3e0006e460ea.png

Got it. Who can help solve?

Salvador Rodríguez (La Plata, Argentina, November 28, 1998) better known by his stage name Quimera, is a rapper, singer, songwriter, freestyler and model of the Spanish urban scene. Characterized by making emotions his main battlefield.

Early life

He was born on November 28, 1999 in one of the slums on the outskirts of Gran La Plata, specifically in the José Luis Cabezas neighborhood (mentioned in several of his songs). Son of Germán Rodríguez, who never supported his musical career, and Gilda Bianchi, to whom he dedicated his fourth mixtape Ángel en la sombra (2019). He moved to Spain at the age of 12, where he began attending freestyle competitions that propelled his musical career to the point of becoming a mass idol. In the beginning he was known as the Jester of La Plata for his characteristic tattoo on his face that he did himself when he was a boy. But when he began to stand out in competitions, they coined the name Chimera for his unique way of mixing various styles and personalities within his work. It wasn't until 2015 that he gained worldwide popularity by releasing his first mixtape called Demonios, which generated 4M views in the first week and, from then on, he just grew and grew with each song he released. He recently deleted all his content on social networks and platforms like Spotify on the occasion of his new release "What did I do?" as a marketing strategy. A content blackout like Radiohead, Kanye West or Frank Ocean did at the time.

Musical style

Under the pseudonym Chimera, she has been building a universe around his work in which nostalgia, anxiety, love, poverty, addiction and abyssal emotions are intertwined to give rise to an artist who strongly connects with an audience. young. His music has been called by many critics as emo trap due to its strong melancholic charge in his lyrics where drugs, psychotropic drugs and death are the protagonists.

Discography

Demons (2015) My Downfall (2016) Slum (2018) Angel in the Dark (2019) Fanatic (2020)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben_Monk said:

Got it. Who can help solve?

Discography

Demons (2015) My Downfall (2016) Slum (2018) Angel in the Dark (2019) Fanatic (2020)

there is no such artist/releases on Discogs, or any of the other release cataloging sites i've checked, and google returns basically nothing for "quimera angel in the dark", so this is 100% not a real artist IMO, and definitely some ruse.

e:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FkcT4CuRfJUJ:https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quimera_(cantante)+&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=firefox-b-d

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Quimeradirecto.jpg

Description
Español: Quimera en la sala Razzmatazz en 2019
Date 20 May 2021
Source Own work
Author Celiakcongluten

Can't find any mention of any such artist at Razzmatazz either.

User account that uploaded the photo only registered 6 weeks ago too:

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:CentralAuth?target=Celiakcongluten

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there is no such artist/releases on Discogs, or any of the other release cataloging sites i've checked, and google returns basically nothing for "quimera angel in the dark", so this is 100% not a real artist IMO, and definitely some ruse.

Boy, it's a very detailed ruse, they've really gone all in with this. 

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Boy, it's a very detailed ruse, they've really gone all in with this. 

He is basically reading the exact same words written in that wiki page. I wasn´t convinced with the whole secret act thing before but is either that or the Quimera guy has a huge ego. 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

5 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

He is basically reading the exact same words written in that wiki page. I wasn´t convinced with the whole secret act thing before but is either that or the Quimera guy has a huge ego. 

The big thing for me was the timing. To be announced the day after the timetables is super suspicious.

And then I think I’ve found the clincher. C Tangana was due to play the first and the second thursday.

This new act? The first and the second thursday…

I think we're just not immersed in Spanish youth music enough to know about this artist. I’m sure everyone has small artists in the country that no one knows about in the mainstream, but in their coterie they are popular and have a heavy audience (thousands of subscribers in socials).

Delete everything from social networks is a standard promo kit for musicians before a big event. Primavera Sound is a big event for sure. Especially if the Quiemera is going to release new music on the Primavera Label. They can use all their resources to achieve the best results.

I think we should take off tin foil hats 🙂