Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

God, power to you if you can smoke until like 4am without collapsing. I'd be written off. 

I really can't imagine it's hard to find weed in Barcelona, big part of the culture there from what mates were telling me who stayed for a few years. 

Haha, trust me, it will very much be in moderation! I remember last time I went in 2016 I got smashed on rum cocktails before LCD and just wanted to go back to my hotel by the end of their set. Definitely don't want that happening again! It's more a case of having a smoke early evening, then as things ramp up later on just steady drinking without already having 4/5 pints inside of me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

For me it helps to stop me drinking so much if I can switch to weed for a bit in between. It tends to slow down my drinking.

Fair play, I very much fall under the "beer before bud, in the mud, bud before beer, in the clear" rule - I'm buggered if I'm already a bit drunk and then smoke! 

But yeah I'll definitely the curbing the drinking for this one. Never mind how much we already spent on this thing without going into 7.50 pints, I'd just be beat by the time the headliners finished and I wanna check out Shadow / Caribou / Disclosure for sure. 

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It seems like it's this person. Not sure why he needs the fanfare or why he looks different to his picture. Or why he deserves the fanfare for that matter.

A bit suspicious, even...

https://www.instagram.com/oquimera/

Think it’s actually this person. Still doesn’t make much sense to me though…

https://instagram.com/rialquimera

Just now, BenG92 said:

Fair play, I very much fall under the "beer before bud, in the mud, bud before beer, in the clear" rule - I'm buggered if I'm already a bit drunk and then smoke! 

But yeah I'll definitely the curbing the drinking for this one. Never mind how much we already spent on this thing without going into 7.50 pints, I'd just be beat by the time the headliners finished and I wanna check out Shadow / Caribou / Disclosure for sure. 

Yeah moderation is going go be the key for me here. Which I am... not great at.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ah you're right. Does seem like a real person.

It's stuff Primavera have done in the past like "Society Fun Lie" that have made me a bit paranoid.

Their face being blurred out in all the Instagram photos and seemingly only having one song with less than a thousand listens on Spotify is still suspicious as fuck, especially if Primavera is bigging them up with their own announcement. Somethings going on….

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Their face being blurred out in all the Instagram photos and seemingly only having one song with less than a thousand listens on Spotify is still suspicious as fuck, especially if Primavera is bigging them up with their own announcement. Somethings going on….

This is who made the video…hmm

Vampire Films

Visual arts
🎥📹 @primavera_sound's Production Company

5 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

For me he's Bradford Cox from Deerhunter, he must be somewhere in Barcelona.

Whilst I wish it was that man, I get the sense it's just some new trap artist with a tik tok following. Seems to be linked to La Zowi and I suppose Primavera are promoting him at the festival as they are promoting him more generally 

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Whilst I wish it was that man, I get the sense it's just some new trap artist with a tik tok following. Seems to be linked to La Zowi and I suppose Primavera are promoting him at the festival as they are promoting him more generally 

Sure, I was clearly joking.

I don't know if you guys know about the Italian project Liberato. No one knows who he is but everyone knows that big names of the Italian music establishment are involved in it and he makes some kind of urban, latin, electronic, autotuned pop.

Quimera looks like a similar project to me.

Edited by gigi21

Just now, gigi21 said:

Sure, I was clearly joking.

I don't know if you guys know about the Italian project Liberato. Noome knows who he is but everyone knows that big names of the Italian music establishment are involved in it and he makes some kind of urban, latin, electronic, autotuned pop.

Quimera looks like a similar project to me.

Yeah, I knew you were kidding : )

Does anyone have any problems with the Primavera Android app, it is not my department here but my wife is telling me that the icon calendar is causing problems, she says it is incorrect and it shows the bands starting on Tuesday 31st of May , she is using that to star bands but they are then showing up one day earlier than they should when she scrolls through them, they are correct on the schedule icon but that is a lot more difficult to use as you have to scroll across every time

1 minute ago, username666 said:

I reckon “Quimera” is someone like Bad Bunny or Tommy Torres.  I know nothing about Spanish urban music however so I could be completely wrong here. 

Bad Bunny is the obvious one that popped in to my mind, but that’s mostly because he’s the only Spanish rapper I’m familiar with. Probably not gonna be him, but likely to be a Spanish hip hop artist if it is a secret act yeah. 

6 minutes ago, postC86 said:

Does anyone have any problems with the Primavera Android app, it is not my department here but my wife is telling me that the icon calendar is causing problems, she says it is incorrect and it shows the bands starting on Tuesday 31st of May , she is using that to star bands but they are then showing up one day earlier than they should when she scrolls through them, they are correct on the schedule icon but that is a lot more difficult to use as you have to scroll across every time

Fine for me, is it fully up to date?