Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Hold on, Lorde is 'headlining' with a 70 minute set? Followed by The Strokes doing 75 minutes? I know Strokes are infamous for doing super short sets, but Lorde plays over 90 mins in her own shows, and putting them back to back in those slots seems like serious short-changing. Am I right to be a bit annoyed by this?

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

I feel slightly better knowing that day 1 of week 2 is also clash Central and as much as I love them, staying up till 4.40am for 2manydjs just wasn't going to happen lol

Yeah, this is a disappointment ... They did similar with chk chk chk in 2017.

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

Hold on, Lorde is 'headlining' with a 70 minute set? Followed by The Strokes doing 75 minutes? I know Strokes are infamous for doing super short sets, but Lorde plays over 90 mins in her own shows, and putting them back to back in those slots seems like serious short-changing. Am I right to be a bit annoyed by this?

Strokes are 90 minutes W1, Tyler is only 60 at both, Charli is 60 W2 but 75 W1. It's a bit all over the place. 

13 minutes ago, Bozz said:

I can’t miss Lingua and worried everyone will pile in there as she’s the first act on.

I think you'll be fine for two reasons

1. She's on super early at 4pm. Most people will leave the festival from 3am-6am so many will still be resting beforehand

2. She's fantastic but incredibly emotionally harrowing for a festival opener. I don't think I'm gonna convince my partner to go, think we'll just start with Faye Webster instead

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Tyler only gets 60 minutes 😞

GOOD SPOT ADVICE: I think a great piece of info for anyone who hasn't been before is that it's normally really not crowded until the sun sets. When the sun is up it's easy to get good spots for anything no matter what time you arrive, at least that's how it's been for me. Once the sun goes down (about 10pm) you've got an hour or so of grace period and then between 11pm and 3am it really fills up and you'll find yourself sending photos of random things to your friends so they can find you. Someone just posted their advice to arrive just 5/10 minutes before an act starts and it's so true. If it means leaving sets early or eating on the go it'll put you in such a better spot to enjoy the music.

LESS QUEUING ADVICE: Also if you want to minimise queuing, go to a bar at a stage with nobody playing. Sounds obvious but can save loads of time especially around the Ray-Ban (Cupra) and Primavera (Binance) stages. At the main stages this obviously isn't possible but in the rest it's such a trick to get quick beers en route between sets.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I think you'll be fine for two reasons

1. She's on super early at 4pm. Most people will leave the festival from 3am-6am so many will still be resting beforehand

2. She's fantastic but incredibly emotionally harrowing for a festival opener. I don't think I'm gonna convince my partner to go, think we'll just start with Faye Webster instead

On the other hand will be twice as busy as normal as everyone will be required to take in a trained counsellor for some therapy afterwards.

1 hour ago, cortomaltese said:

I think that the best way to enjoy the festival, is to have a relaxed schedule between the gigs, and leave some free space for exploring the area, meet people and have some drinks/meal, visit flatstock etc. I used to run like crazy from stage to stage and be anxious about finding a good spot, but this is not for me anymore.

Also for those who ll make a very tight schedule, please have in mind the distance between the stages.. It might take ages to go from Mordor to the Bits area..

I'm with you - I've never been to Primavera but have had to adapt my approach to Glasto similarly in the last few years! 

What is Flatstock? Seen a few people mention it.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Entrance to Auditori is behind maint entrance (you do go back), or at least that's how it used to be. 

I'm afraid that, indeed, you might need to get there early enough if you want to be in for sure. Same goes for me & my buddy actually. 

A small primavera alumnus tip is trying to avoid "I can't miss..." mindsets. Especially the further you go into the festival/night. The start however can be pretty bumpy too. 

Thanks for this! So we go in, get a wristband (?) and then back out to Auditori?

Will defo get there early enough.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm with you - I've never been to Primavera but have had to adapt my approach to Glasto similarly in the last few years! 

A collection of stalls selling screen printed posters/merch/other bits from artists and illustrators. Quite nice to have a mooch around.

It's back this year from what I hear.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Flatstock is where you buy your posters & label merch

It's just so stacked. I've sorted my first draft of the Clashfinder but know it'll need to be amended once I've got a feel of the place.

W1 Thurs
Lingua Ignota - Faye Webster - Girl In Red - Kacey Musgraves -Charli XCX - Tame Impala - Fred Again - Black Midi - Otoboke Beaver

W1 Fri
Beach Bunny - Georgia - Weyes Blood - Mariah The Scientist - Beck - The National - The Strokes - Caribou

W1 Sat
Enny - Les Amazones D'Afrique - Mavis Staples - Dreamcatcher - Jorja Smith - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Gorillaz - Tyler, the Creator - Disclosure

W2 Thur
Alex Cameron - Future Utopia - Holly Humberstone - Griff - Big Thief - Working Men's Club - Dua Lipa - A.G. Cook - Bicep - Moonchild Sanelly

W2 Fri
Marta Knight - CMAT - Sampa The Great - Pinkpantheress - Brittany Howard - Lorde - Bad Boy Chiller Crew - Burna Boy - Remi Wolf

W2 Sat
Genesis Owusu - Angel Bat Dawid - Sky Ferreira - Celeste - Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Angele - Jessie Ware - Megan Thee Stallion - Oranssi Pazuzu - Altin Gun

Additional artists:

W1 Thursday:

Estrella Damm Sona - pau, Nahoomie, Archer

Jack Daniel's Sona - Milc, Angeladorrrm, Velmondo

Tous Sona - Formica, Love Come Down

W1 Friday:

Estrella Damm Sona - Vonvon, Dafoe

Jack Daniel's Sona - Maria Hein, Adelaida, Krissia

Tous Sona - Malena, Lumiere

W1 Saturday:

Estrella Damm Sona - Lil Vichy, Sophie Lekker, Oriana

Jack Daniel's Sona - Malv, Mtines, Eterna Joventut

Tous Sona - Marc Pinol, Nico

W2 Thursday:

Estrella Damm Sona - Kryper, Kissy Perea, D.N.S.

Jack Daniel's Sona - Les Salvatges, Alavedra, Enemic Interior

Tous Sona - DJ Owey, La Nina Jacaranda

W2 Friday:

Estrella Damm Sona - Cat Gabal, JMII, Yozy

Jack Daniel's Sona - Luces Negras, Los Yolos, Futurachicapop

Tous Sona - Spacer, Deckard

W2 Saturday:

Estrella Damm Sona - La Vutarda, NPGLNN, Cucut

Jack Daniel's Sona - Primer Infant, Pantocrator, LaBlackie

Tous Sona - Lydia Vilas, Lanav

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spiritdesire said:

I know it’s unlikely but does anyone know if the bars sell cider? Can’t be beat when the sun is shining 

When Heineken ran the bars, they sold Orchard Thieves. Think someone posted a few pages back suggesting that Estrella and Somersby are under the same distribution deal so might be the safest bet? 

3 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

When Heineken ran the bars, they sold Orchard Thieves. Think someone posted a few pages back suggesting that Estrella and Somersby are under the same distribution deal so might be the safest bet? 

Thank you. Orchard thieves would’ve been better than somersby like but I was expecting no cider at all!