Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit.

An extra pre-pre day on the 31st as 12 days of festival just isn’t long enough really 🙂

22 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

If there is an artist you want a really good front row (ish) seat for the best strategy is to wait by the lower entrances inside the building 15-20 minutes before the show, when the previous show finishes. A lot of people at the front rows will then leave their seats and you can get a prime seat when they leave.

The same strategy may apply to the outdoors shows as well: investing an extra 10 minutes gives you really good spots at the front. So much better than always be on the back foot, arriving just in time or late, to get a spot far behind at popular shows.

Edited by puckno

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Primavera did book her, just for a separate paid show on Tuesday May 31st. 😀

Ah bugger! The day before I arrive, missed that! Did just get tickets for Alex Cameron with Fenne Lily on the Sunday though, excellent value at €16.50!

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Surprisingly Thurs w1 is my strongest. Les Savy Fav>Dinosaur Jr>SVE>The Armed>VTSS>100Gecs>Black Lips>Black Midi>DJ Shadow.

The Friday & Saturday clashes are brutal for me.

Yap W1 D2 is my strongest but full of clashes. W1 D1 free from clashes and I’m a happy festival goers that can walk around seamlessly and enjoy the full set from Kim Gordon — Les Savy Fav —- Dinosaur Jr —- Sharon V.E — Yo La Tengo — Pavement — Black Midi — close by DJ Shadow. Perfecto

I think that the best way to enjoy the festival, is to have a relaxed schedule between the gigs, and leave some free space for exploring the area, meet people and have some drinks/meal, visit flatstock etc. I used to run like crazy from stage to stage and be anxious about finding a good spot, but this is not for me anymore.

Also for those who ll make a very tight schedule, please have in mind the distance between the stages.. It might take ages to go from Mordor to the Bits area..

4 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

I think that the best way to enjoy the festival, is to have a relaxed schedule between the gigs, and leave some free space for exploring the area, meet people and have some drinks/meal, visit flatstock etc. I used to run like crazy from stage to stage and be anxious about finding a good spot, but this is not for me anymore.

Also for those who ll make a very tight schedule, please have in mind the distance between the stages.. It might take ages to go from Mordor to the Bits area..

I’d love to have this attitude/type of schedule but I’m already missing tons due to clashes so you better believe I’ll be sprinting between stages the moment one act finishes to see the next one who I can see (although definitely gonna try and be reasonable as I realise there is some distance between Mordor and the rest).

52 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

First timer with some Auditori questions, apologies if these have been asked already.

1. Can you take drinks in?

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

3. If you need to leave the set a bit early, is it awkward because of the seating setup? Trying to work out if I could leave 5-10 mins early to head over to something else without ruining the gig for people.

Thanks

If you have drinks , food etc with you it's possible to just leave them with security at a table before you go in and then collect them on the way out, for this purpose a unique carrier bag comes in useful.

And sorry for the slightly off topic but do we think it’s possibile beach house will announce some more tour dates around the couple uk + Europe festival dates they have planned for August?

life or death matter right now that they have released my most feared and anticipated clash 

Edited by Whos3000_

19 minutes ago, Lars said:

Anyone know if the VIP area in-front of the main stages has been moved back in front of the beer tents? (Yellow area) 

image.png

From the map, I understand the following:

Yellow - VIP areas

Purple - food areas

Grey - bar areas

Notice that there is a small red point in the BITS area, which may be a stage (but no name on it). So...maybe Xiringuito is back after all.

Is anyone going to PS from Bulgaria? Booked a flight to Barcelona from Sofia (June 1) and consider spending a couple of days in the city before that. Since I know no one from Bulgaria, maybe someone here is up for a beer? Feel free to DM me

6 minutes ago, livenstu said:

very curious that Special Interest are down as 1hr40 on their set time - anyone seen them live before?

On a similar note in La Ciutat, El Mató a un Policía Motorizado are down for a 3hr set. 

Other bands on the night are doing 50mins.

• Upvote 1

Noticed the Auditori is outside of the main arena/entrance on the map.

First act for us is Lingua Ignota.

Do we need to enter the main arena first and then go back to the Auditori for any reason (ie wristbands) or can we go straight into the Auditori if we have our AccessTicket passes? Still not sure what the deal is with wristbands and if we get those?

Also did someone say Auditori is seated? Does it get full and if so do they stop letting people in?

I can’t miss Lingua and worried everyone will pile in there as she’s the first act on.

Just now, Bozz said:

Do we need to enter the main arena first and then go back to the Auditori for any reason (ie wristbands) or can we go straight into the Auditori if we have our AccessTicket passes? Still not sure what the deal is with wristbands and if we get those?

Also did someone say Auditori is seated? Does it get full and if so do they stop letting people in?

I can’t miss Lingua and worried everyone will pile in there as she’s the first act on.

Entrance to Auditori is behind maint entrance (you do go back), or at least that's how it used to be. 

I'm afraid that, indeed, you might need to get there early enough if you want to be in for sure. Same goes for me & my buddy actually. 

A small primavera alumnus tip is trying to avoid "I can't miss..." mindsets. Especially the further you go into the festival/night. The start however can be pretty bumpy too. 

5 minutes ago, Bozz said:

Auditori is 3000 capacity and there will be no problem getting into LI

Edited by xxialac