Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

37 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Just noticed that there's only 3 acts on the first Saturday on Estrella stage (Gorillaz final act scheduled ends at 1:20), whereas all the other fest days have 4 acts there, and it's the only day of the whole festival that there's no artist playing at / after 2am, or even past 3am. Maybe an open slot for a mid-tier addition? 

Tyler's on Pull & Bear straight after so will imagine that's the last slot on the main stage that day.

38 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Just noticed that there's only 3 acts on the first Saturday on Estrella stage (Gorillaz final act scheduled ends at 1:20), whereas all the other fest days have 4 acts there, and it's the only day of the whole festival that there's no artist playing at / after 2am, or even past 3am. Maybe an open slot for a mid-tier addition? 

Surprise headliner to close the festival... 👀

Here we goooooooo back to endless speculation. The best kind. 

10 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Thursday wk1 is pretty poor for PS standards without MA. One must see, charli for the fun, the two good ones clashing (yo la tengo and the armed). The rest of the acts are not unmissable 

on the other hand i think I’be never seen days that dense like Saturday wk1 2 or Thursday wk2… it’s a shame they didn’t manage to spread the quality a bit more but this is how it goes 

Surprisingly Thurs w1 is my strongest. Les Savy Fav>Dinosaur Jr>SVE>The Armed>VTSS>100Gecs>Black Lips>Black Midi>DJ Shadow.

The Friday & Saturday clashes are brutal for me.

Just now, deadpheasant said:

Surprisingly Thurs w1 is my strongest. Les Savy Fav>Dinosaur Jr>SVE>The Armed>VTSS>100Gecs>Black Lips>Black Midi>DJ Shadow.

The Friday & Saturday clashes are brutal for me.

Les Savy Fav will be my favourite way to open any festival ever.

They were amazing in (gulp) 2010.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was also thinking about recently announced special tours or reunions that would fit in smaller gaps during the day: The Shins doing Oh Inverted World (they played in the past) or Sunny Day Real Estate but I guess those will be 2023 

Just realised both my MA "replacements" were correct, Charli and M.I.A. Definitely jealous of W2 folks getting M.I.A, that'll be a good show. Honestly you could've stuck her at the top of the poster and I wouldn't have thought twice about it. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just realised both my MA "replacements" were correct, Charli and M.I.A. Definitely jealous of W2 folks getting M.I.A, that'll be a good show. Honestly you could've stuck her at the top of the poster and I wouldn't have thought twice about it. 

Agreed on M.I.A. Unfortunate that she clashes with The Smile which feels like will be quite special.

Edited by xxialac

WEDNESDAY

The Linda Lindas - Wet Leg 

THURSDAY

Faye Webster - Dinosaur Jr - little bit Yo La Tengo - Tame Impala - Pavement - Black Midi - DJ Shadow

*bummed about missing 100 Gecs and Black Lips

FRIDAY:

Beach Bunny - Pond - little bit of Wet Leg - Fontaines DC - little bit of Beck - little bit of Parquet Courts - Warpaint - The Strokes - Caribou

*bummed about missing King Gizzard, The National, Autechre and most of Parquet Courts

SATURDAY

Porridge Radio - little bit of Einsturzende Neubauten - Jawbox or Black Country New Road - little bit of King Krule - Caroline Polachek - little bit of Bauhaus - Idles or Diiv - Tyler The Creator - little bit of Shame 

*bummed about missing Gorillaz, Idles or Diiv and Beach House

The "little bit" parts are depending on my level of energy and how far the walks are of course.

25 minutes ago, Rhak said:

I was also thinking about recently announced special tours or reunions that would fit in smaller gaps during the day: The Shins doing Oh Inverted World (they played in the past) or Sunny Day Real Estate but I guess those will be 2023 

I think that The Shins never played PS. If they did, it was many years ago. Would love tonsee them, as I never had the chance.

SDRE would be another amazing addition. But can't see any of the two playing this year. Maybe 2023.

For me, the worst clash (and actually the first one I checked right after the timetable was released) is Girl in Red / Dinosaur Jr. They were my top two artists of the first day of the festival and when I was sometimes thinking about worst possible clashes, this one was one of the most haunting. It even used to reappear on the fantasy clashfinders. 🙂 

But I have to admit that after this opening slap it got better. And of course, I won't see a lot of bands I planned to, but none of my other nightmarish clashes materialised. 

Can't wait to see Girl in Red in less than 2 weeks!

My largest pain is that the Charli/Shygirl and Bad Gyal/Big Freedia/Hannah Diamond clashes on weekend 1 are only amplified by the Bad Gyal/AG Cook/Charli clash on weekend 2

Tyler is on that weekend 2 clash but I'll be able to catch him on weekend 1

I've just filled in the clashfinder, and.... oh boy! Some decisions to be made.  Thankfully I've seen/am seeing some of these acts at their own shows so that makes the decision a bit easier.

I think the worst of the whole fest is MIA vs the Smile for me.

Generally though, it just proves again what an amazing line-up it is.  I know people wanted MA being replaced, or they want hidden stages and surprises, but it'll just make the clashes worse for me.  

On my clashfinder, I have an hour on the 4th and an hour on the 11th where nothing is highlighted, that's it..!

• Upvote 1

First timer with some Auditori questions, apologies if these have been asked already.

1. Can you take drinks in?

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

3. If you need to leave the set a bit early, is it awkward because of the seating setup? Trying to work out if I could leave 5-10 mins early to head over to something else without ruining the gig for people.

Thanks

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

First timer with some Auditori questions, apologies if these have been asked already.

1. Can you take drinks in?

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

3. If you need to leave the set a bit early, is it awkward because of the seating setup? Trying to work out if I could leave 5-10 mins early to head over to something else without ruining the gig for people.

Thanks

1. no 2. the latter 3. no but people are considerate and tiptoe away etc

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Hi all,

This will be my first time at Primavera. Just wondering if shuttle buses will be running to move around the site similar to this map from 2019? 

7f9yt0t4jtz21.thumb.jpg.93ed835f65a7aa45020a9ed668c07a31.jpg

Does the layout tend to be the same every year?

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit. 

Not a big deal overall, but just curious as they had made a really big deal about anniversary surprises in the original announcement. I guess they might have just had to abandon the plans because of everything, but just curious for thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit. 

Not a big deal overall, but just curious as they had made a really big deal about anniversary surprises in the original announcement. I guess they might have just had to abandon the plans because of everything, but just curious for thoughts. 

my thoughts are that, if there are to be any surprises - and i'm not 100% convinced - they'll solely be announced once the fest is up and running, in the moment kind of things