Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

33 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah pretty easily, though if it's a popular act I'd try and shave off a couple of the songs of The Strokes just to beat some of the crowd movement that happens afterwards.

Yeah, I'm thinking depending on the setlist I'll move to the back for the encore (or last couple of songs) just to give me an easy route out of the main stage area

Really bummed to see Charli is playing the opposite side of the main stages W2 straight after Dua and during Tylers performances. She playing the main stage early the week before why couldn't they do the same. Also noticed Jorja is on diff stages each weekend but Tyler has around the same time and stage for both

I'm going to Porto Primavera and I'm honestly furious that Japanese Breakfast has been replaced by Stella Donnelly. Like, not to be rude to Stella Donnelly, but it feels like a real cost cutting move from them. Weyes Blood was on the 2019 lineup, I just assumed they would have that type of replacement. Or I don't know. Someone in that same tier. I usually don't bother with getting angry at this stuff but this whole JB thing has been ridiculous

2 minutes ago, festiall said:

Really bummed to see Charli is playing the opposite side of the main stages W2 straight after Dua and during Tylers performances. She playing the main stage early the week before why couldn't they do the same. Also noticed Jorja is on diff stages each weekend but Tyler has around the same time and stage for both

There's a similar clash week 1 where Charli and Rina are on complete opposite stages. I was hoping I'd catch Charli week 2 but that Dua Lipa overlap is just stupid

6 minutes ago, festiall said:

Charli was bumped to replace Massive Attack in W1 is likely why. Was the most obvious candidate for a bump 

7 hours ago, Bram said:

Quite surprise knowing that many people from my country (Indonesia) are going to PS 2022 (p.s: we are very far far far away from Spain). Either it’s because the attraction of some of the artists (Dua Lipa, Lorde, Tame, Gorillaz, Tyler has a good number of Indonesian fan base) or for the very first time we have our own representatives  that will perform at the festival (Gaber Modus Operandi and Senyawa). This will be a good international festival event

Think Gabber Modus Operandi played before (2019, I think).

3 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I know there's always going to be clashes, but there seems to be some really poor scheduling for acts of the same styles that would have the exact same fanbases.

Guessing crowd control so everyone's not all in one place?

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Charli was bumped to replace Massive Attack in W1 is likely why. Was the most obvious candidate for a bump 

Thursday wk1 is pretty poor for PS standards without MA. One must see, charli for the fun, the two good ones clashing (yo la tengo and the armed). The rest of the acts are not unmissable 

on the other hand i think I’be never seen days that dense like Saturday wk1 2 or Thursday wk2… it’s a shame they didn’t manage to spread the quality a bit more but this is how it goes 

Edited by Whos3000_

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

Thursday wk1 is pretty poor for PS standards without MA. One must see, charli for the fun, the two good ones clashing (yo la tengo and the armed). The rest of the acts are not unmissable 

Don't care that much about Massive Attack but I suppose they played on the same stage after Pavement. Which would've bumped Pavement down a spot. So Pavement would've played around sunset + they wouldn't be clashing with Black Lips... That would've been wonderfull

7 hours ago, Orens said:

Boiler Room lineup in the upcoming days

Minimusica will host 48 family-friendly gigs

Night Pro is going to be the showcase stage

Minimusica will not host 48 family-friendly gigs (usually, is 2 per day).

The 48 gigs (it seems that many local bands and artists are invited to play there) are planed for the 3 small stages by the sea (Barcelona Sona zone):

"minimúsica will once again be the best meeting point for the whole family and the Barcelona Sona zone, which is premiering as the perfect area to chill for a while by the sea, will host 48 concerts and sessions that will concentrate the best of the local talent on its three stages (Estrella Damm Sona, Tous Sona and Jack Daniel's Sona)."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

Am I going mad or is the space that was used for the Hidden Stage last time now unused (or available, depending on how you look at it)?

In 2019, Flatstock was in that area, I think. 

But the orientation of the old Primavera stage (now Binance) seems to point that this area will not be used.