Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Boiler Room X Cupra, isn't it?

I think that's further down. I'm talking about that grass knoll opposite old Primavera that was used for the Arcade Fire secret set and...ah also used in 2018 (not last time, my mistake) for Hidden. Saw Lee Fields there, was nice. 

Edited by xxialac

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I know there's always going to be clashes, but there seems to be some really poor scheduling for acts of the same styles that would have the exact same fanbases.

National V Warpaint sticks out. Posted it on my Discord group and a few people were very confused by that one. 

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I know there's always going to be clashes, but there seems to be some really poor scheduling for acts of the same styles that would have the exact same fanbases.

Yeah, you can get over that hip hop act you like clashing with your hard rock faves as there a bit different but Caribou and Jamie xx, for instance, is a bit mad. National v Warpaint too. Lots more examples above. 

I presume the splitting of the vote with certain fanbases/genres is so people are moving around the site a bit more mid-act? The more people move around, the more you're more likely to quickly try and grab a beer or food, maybe. I dunno. Some of it is so brutal that there must be some reasoning behind it.

Edited by jannybruck

57 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Yeah I’ll be doing that. Might have to retire after Lingua Ignota as I have a feeling that will be devastating.

Feel like there’s gonna be an ‘efestival’ crew for that run. I’m definitely in as well

Lingua opening is a pretty harrowing start to the festival but I guess in a sense it's "ripping the plaster off"? Appreciate the darkness then get to partying. 

Second only to Cave's 2nd gig after losing his son before Gorillaz and Tyler

16 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Yeah, you can get over that hip hop act you like clashing with your hard rock faves as there a bit different but Caribou and Jamie xx, for instance, is a bit mad. National v Warpaint too. Lots more examples above. 

In my memory it has always been that way. And if there were any reasoning behind it, I would rather think it’s for crowd management reasons more than anything else (don’t underestimate how important that has become in running a festival nowadays)

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Kacey Musgraves and Girl in Red are overlapping by 5mins on the Mordor side-by-side stages.....

Guessing GiR will have the last 10mins of her set chopped off.

In a way it's kinda cool that GIR can say thanks and then "now look that way" and hype up Kacey. 

The worst offense is Dinosaur Jr. taking me away from both, although they're playing Manchester later in the year so maybe I don't have to miss out... 

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Will wet legs appeal be as big here as it will be at Glasto or any other UK festival? Thinking I’ll likely give them a miss at Glasto because of how rammed the park will be.

It'll be busy as there's nothing notable up against them and they'll catch a lot of the crowd that are getting on site at that 7pmish time.

14 minutes ago, Rhak said:

In my memory it has always been that way. And if there were any reasoning behind it, I would rather think it’s for crowd management reasons more than anything else (don’t underestimate how important that has become in running a festival nowadays)

Yeah that makes sense... But there ain't no room for logic here. It's all about conspiracies! Primavera is out to get us... 

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It'll be busy as there's nothing notable up against them and they'll catch a lot of the crowd that are getting on site at that 7pmish time.

I think a lot will filter in late from Weyes Blood late or leave early for Fontaines D.C, also they're playing the opening night gig. That all narrows it down a fair bit 

7 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Will I be able to get into Cupra in time if I watch all of The Strokes? 35 minute gap between them, if it's a 10 minute walk I'm guessing I'll be fine, just worried about the stage filling up! I might have to fast walk

Yeah pretty easily, though if it's a popular act I'd try and shave off a couple of the songs of The Strokes just to beat some of the crowd movement that happens afterwards.