Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Actually that link doesn't work for me but if it's on the main site I'll try to find it!

7 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Not sure at all, I don't think they've played together for ages.

Also, I imagine that pretty much everyone in the EN show is going to stick around for Nick Cave - so might need to get quite early there to get a good spot for Nick...

Nothing certain obviously but I don't think it's that unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Actually that link doesn't work for me but if it's on the main site I'll try to find it!

Yeah, sorry - not sure what's gone wrong there. I just copied it from my open tab but it won't work for me either.

I see you've got it now though 🙂.

5 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Think Electronic/Dance acts are the most likely to clash, seeing as they are all going to be on in a shorter time span, i.e., after the headliners

Yet they didn't put Frad again.., one of my top electronic choices, after the headliners and he clashes with everyone now

The way they managed to fuck up the Saturday to both the pitchfork (beach house vs Tyler) and the goth crowd (nick cave vs Bauhaus) is without precedent I guess. 

on the other hand, tame impala and beck, arguably the less interesting headliners, do not clash with any really big act. 

good job  

Edited by Whos3000_

Out of the clashes, looks like only Black Lips I'll miss out of the acts I've not seen before. Will go for Pavement on that one (who I did see in 2010). Glad I'm going both weeks or I would have had to miss a lot from week 1 in particular. Mavis Staples in Auditori is really disappointing. As others have said, perfect for a sunny evening danncing... not falling asleep in a comfy chair in the dark

26 minutes ago, spoiledff7 said:

Hey all - not my first time at Primavera but the usual information drip. My question is - unless I've missed it - is there any information on when & where we can exchange our Ticket App Tickets for a wristband? We are keen to go to the Wednesday gigs & I'm assuming there will be a ticket exchange there (open from a certain time......) but has this been communicated?

Thanks!

I don't think this has been communicated yet. In previous years, when the Wednesday gigs were at the Forum, you could turn up, get your band, enjoy the free gig and go. 

The last time I went, the wristbands were also available from city centre venues which were used for other gigs - Razzmatazz etc. 

And if none of those suit, you can rock up on the Thursday and join what is usually a pretty long queue. 

Id expect the Wednesday gig venues will be doing the swap. 

42 minutes ago, Float said:

The National v Warpaint is criminal

Yep, this is the most painful clash for me. Saw Warpaint last week, but they were so good and can't see myself missing one of my favourite bands at my first Primavera.

Overall that's wiped out a few acts I wanted to see unfortunately, but it could have been worse. Surprised they haven't bothered replacing Massive Attack, but there we go.

31 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Not sure at all, I don't think they've played together for ages.

Also, I imagine that pretty much everyone in the EN show is going to stick around for Nick Cave - so might need to get quite early there to get a good spot for Nick...

I thought that they were in bad terms. But a Blixa feature in Weeping Song would be incredible.

On the other hand, I dont think there is  going to be much trouble to get a good spot for the Bad Seeds. Arriving around Jorja beginning should do it.