Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Hmm so ok let's talk about the new mordor design

In the old days, when the stages were opposite each other, you could barely see/hear what was going on in the other side.

However now they're right next to each other... is there any hope we can get a decent view of one main stage while being in front of the other? I once attended Osheaga in Montreal which had a similar layout and I could 100% watch shows from the other stage. That would make stuff like Nick Cave -> Gorillaz -> Tyler (or Fontaines -> Beck -> National -> Strokes) actually doable.

Edited by yaniv297

Think lots of people are going to get stung with underestimating that walk from the main stages to Bits, particularly now you have to go the long way around.

I wonder how it'll affect crowd decisions and crowd numbers – even now looking at the timetable I'm starting to try and make the most efficient use of my time in certain parts of the site rather than traipsing backwards and forwards to that bit.

1 minute ago, yaniv297 said:

Hmm so ok let's talk about the new mordor design

In the old days, when the stages were opposite each other, you could barely see/hear what was going on in the other side.

However now they're right next to each other... is there any hope we can get a decent view of one main stage while being in front of the other? I once attended Osheaga in Montreal which had a similar layout and I could 100% watch shows from the other stage. That would make stuff like Nick Cave -> Gorillaz -> Tyler actually doable.

If you cling to the mid side i don't see why it wouldn't. They'll probably use the screens of either stage when a show is on anyways

Just now, jannybruck said:

Think lots of people are going to get stung with underestimating that walk from the main stages to Bits, particularly now you have to go the long way around.

I wonder how it'll affect crowd decisions and crowd numbers – even now looking at the timetable I'm starting to try and make the most efficient use of my time in certain parts of the site rather than traipsing backwards and forwards to that bit.

there's now 2 ways to get there, no?

I'm mostly delighted with that. One or two clashes and a few acts I won't see, but nothing to lose sleep over! 

Low at the Auditori is a lovely surprise. How busy do these shows get? I assumed they'd be a 9pm on Ray Ban type of gig so thought I'd miss it. 

Caribou and Jamie xx overlap is no good, but I can see most of both. 

Clever scheduling - both Little Simz and Beck gigs clash so can catch one on Friday and one in Sunday and be happy. 

All ref weekend one... 

It could've been much worse, all in all I'm happy. Have some odd gaps which I'll try to fill when the clashfinder ist out. 

The Armed vs. Yo La Tengo bugs me so does Autechre vs Weyes Blood and Big Thief vs. Slowdive. But all decisions I can make without tearing apart

A real plus is the set times at the Auditori. Can Easily see Low, Jenny Hval and The Caretaker w/o missing anything anywhere else, w/o wasting energy and w/o too much heat

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 minute ago, frankburns said:

Where has the Hidden Stage been hidden?

Yeah, right now it seems there's no replacements & no hidden stage unless they're keeping it an actual secret like in 2017. Bit afraid, with all the slack they've had, that surely they would've mentioned something if there was to be something extra/more. I'm not angry but still a bit dissapointed. 

48 minutes ago, mortand said:

Nick Cave clashing with Bauhaus. That's silly.

Agreed. As silly as Pumpkins vs Cave at Glasto 2013. No contest for me as it's Cave but a real shame for the goth kids.

Besides that I'm looking quite clash-free!

Feel overwhelmed by the amount of venues! Need to educate myself.