Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, branvan said:

I think that as well… Timetable this afternoon.

You can say many years ago you got the timetable at the entry but at these times you had at least your ticket in hand. now you must be glad you get your ticket for which paid 400+… and can‘t drink anything at the festival when the internet breaks again… 

You know the bars take cash and card right, it's not just via the app? That would be chaos 🤣

30 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

What keeps them from a proper communication though? 

I agree that Primavera is very well organized - once you're there. But this years communication has been even worse than any year before. Espeically concerning tickets and cancellations.

Because it's Primavera 😂

Genuinely one of the worst festivals for communications I've ever seen.

I was away last week but I see that they only acknowledged Ciutat cancellations like Jamie XX, Disclosure and Charli XCX when people pressed them on it on social media, despite putting up posters days before with them still playing...

*awaits the standard apologists trying to deflect from PS being appalling because Mad Cool are also fucking shit*

9 minutes ago, Orens said:

There's a lot of planning for 12 days, and people paid a lot of money a year (or 3) ago. I'd expect it sooner rather than later, just to be familiar with bands that might be relevant in case of a free slot, etc.

Is no-one considering the fact that there's still a lot of uncertainty regarding the bands themselves, and how their timetabling works? First big festival and first big tour in god knows how long for almost every band that's out there.

Everyone - including the festival - wants stuff settled, but I can pretty much guarantee that whatever the timetable might be right now is going to look different in two weeks time. Trying to micro-manage everything at this point is a mug's game.

46 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They've said 'two weeks before' and two weeks before is today.

Is ambiguous but I read this tweet as they are about to publish them.

Let’s indulge in some wild efestivals over analysis…

The context of that meme is “I’ve made a mistake and now I’m getting a lot of shit for it” … under their post saying the set times were coming 2 weeks before the festival…

It’s delayed isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, daveje said:

Is no-one considering the fact that there's still a lot of uncertainty regarding the bands themselves, and how their timetabling works? First big festival and first big tour in god knows how long for almost every band that's out there.

Everyone - including the festival - wants stuff settled, but I can pretty much guarantee that whatever the timetable might be right now is going to look different in two weeks time. Trying to micro-manage everything at this point is a mug's game.

nah, usually its the other way round. Bands get told when they play, normally some time in advance. Only major acts get their wishes fulfilled, typically

1 minute ago, Radiochicken said:

The context of that meme is “I’ve made a mistake and now I’m getting a lot of shit for it” … under their post saying the set times were coming 2 weeks before the festival…

It’s delayed isn’t it. 

Read it was more that they're getting a ton of notifications about the schedule but can't say anything (just yet).

5 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

It’s delayed isn’t it. 

I got this vibe also. 

To all the people who were speaking of previous years and how Primavera suck at communication - I finally feel you, happy now? haha

(but seriously drop the times, if there's some last minute changes fine, that's what social media and communication is for - oh wait...)

Edited by scatteredscreens

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Day 1 of Weekend 2 is by far the best day of the festival for me (I'm doing W1 only) , so many ace mid sized names plus 2 belting headliners in Dua Lipa and Gorillaz followed by Day 2 of weekend one. 

Adding 2manydjs really put the cherry on top! I'd watch all headliners but probably gonna prioritize Bicep, Amyl & the Sniffers, mi amor Sofia Kourtesis, India Jordan, Metronomy, Khurangbin, Gizz, Gilles Peterson, Mall Grab, Mdou Moctar, Squid, Anz. Such a good day.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

nah, usually its the other way round. Bands get told when they play, normally some time in advance. Only major acts get their wishes fulfilled, typically

We'll see. I'm expecting more mixups/fuckups this time round. A few months back someone posted that the festival was seriously late in receiving setup information from the bands, so I don't think that's helping.

Lots and lots of Americans seemingly coming over for it this year, which is going to change the audience vibe quite a bit I suspect.

The lineup announcement really hit the sweet spot internationally when people were looking at post-covid activities it seems.

Edited by jannybruck

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Lots and lots of Americans seemingly coming over for it this year, which is going to change the audience vibe quite a bit I suspect.

The lineup announcement really hit the sweet spot internationally when people were looking at post-covid activities it seems.

Guess they are now all canceling their trips with their three favorite undercard acts that would've played at 4Pm having pulled out 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Rando q: How much of the customer base is made up of international/British attendees?

I remember seeing a stat some years ago saying 55% of attendees are international. Based on experience I'd say 35/40% of those internationals are British. It's very international though.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If I had to guess I'd say 50% Catalans and Spanish, 20% Brits, 10% Americans (more than normal this year, as above), the rest a mix.

3 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I remember seeing a stat some years ago saying 55% of attendees are international. Based on experience I'd say 35/40% of those internationals are British. It's very international though.

Thanks @xxialac and @Gnarler, very interesting!