Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

while you are waiting for the timretable ( what I would do as well as always before Primavera Sound) I‘m still waiting for an answer to get my ticketproblem solved. I‘m getting angry… that‘s not the idea of a VIP ticket. and as well not for a reguar one…

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Fuck me, one week from the event starting is absolutely savage. 

Especially for those going to both weekends. Lineup is already stacked for me to I've been holding off investigating unknowns so that I don't create more potential clashes.

Besides, you don't start posting gifs and literally trolling on Twitter about releasing the fucking horarios today if you delay'em til next week. Yesterday was the first time they addressed this issue differently on Twitter so it's today or tomorrow at the latest.

1 minute ago, Nesser said:

Besides, you don't start posting gifs and literally trolling on Twitter about releasing the fucking horarios today if you delay'em til next week. Yesterday was the first time they addressed this issue differently on Twitter so it's today or tomorrow at the latest.

This is what I figured. If they were being delayed until next week, you think they would hold off the silly gifs.

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Apparently not going to be released until next week now. Same source as the person who told me they'd re-done the scheduling a few weeks ago and shit hit the fan behind the scenes. So maybe hold off that F5.

Could you provide some details on this? Without putting your source in danger, of course.

7 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Absolutely this. 

Just now, daveje said:

People are getting a bit overdramatic, the timetable is a nice-to-have right now, but in all honesty it makes little difference whether it gets released today, tomorrow, or the day before bands start playing.

For you that might be the case but many people have things to plan around the settimes. Friends are coming in Thursday and would like to know if they'll travel to the appartment of to forum directly and if so, if they need to pree book luggage storage. I have reservations at restaurants I'd need to cancel by tomorrow if they clash with acts I want to see and many other things that I'd like to have planned by now. 

1 minute ago, daveje said:

People are getting a bit overdramatic, the timetable is a nice-to-have right now, but in all honesty it makes little difference whether it gets released today, tomorrow, or the day before bands start playing.

There's a lot of planning for 12 days, and people paid a lot of money a year (or 3) ago. I'd expect it sooner rather than later, just to be familiar with bands that might be relevant in case of a free slot, etc.

4 minutes ago, daveje said:

It absolutely makes a difference. If there is a gig I know I will go to, I don't have to listen up on the other 5 playing the same timeslot. If there are 5 alternatives with no clear choice I want to listen up! I don't have time to listen extensively to all X hundred of artists. I also like to listen up on actual recent setlists (via setify .co) before I go to gigs, then I would want to know what gigs I am going to. Two weeks is fine, a few days late is ok, but 'the day before' not at all.

4 minutes ago, daveje said:

Well it does, actually, because the day before doesn't leave much time to plan what you're going to see with others, or listen to acts that are playing during times when you've nothing on. If i've 3hrs of a gap, and several acts playing different stages during that time, it'd be nice to know now, so that I can give them a proper listen.

If I don't find that out until the day before, then basically I'm probably just going to skip the unknown to me/probably smaller acts that I would have otherwise had a chance to listen to and maybe see.

I think that as well… Timetable this afternoon.

You can say many years ago you got the timetable at the entry but at these times you had at least your ticket in hand. now you must be glad you get your ticket for which paid 400+… and can‘t drink anything at the festival when the internet breaks again… 

18 minutes ago, pipan said:

Could you provide some details on this? Without putting your source in danger, of course.

Nothing dramatic, just that there's clearly lots of moving parts to the entire thing, so they might need an extra couple of days to finalise stuff. They might manage to do it and it'll be released as soon as they do, but that's just what I got told.

It is kinda bonkers to think when I was a teenager we didn't get some festival times until we arrived and bought a lanyard. Sitting with a beer and timetabling after you set up the tent was a great time. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 2