Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, Rhak said:

I'm also pretty amazed at the amount of people attending the whole shabang, 2 weekends. I don't think my family would have been really happy with that but wonder whether my body would have been either. I'm not the type to take it easy at festivals (both in walking tons of km to see all the stuff i wanted to see as well as having a party with dj coco). Much props to all of you who are going for it

I haven't yet let me body know what it's in for. 10 days of festival in a row - will probably need major surgery afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Another one who feels they are quite boring live now. Probably just seen them too many times as I remember finding them captivating over ten years ago.

I've seen Radiohead or Nick Cave just as many times. I'd never say that about them... Those shows are well balanced, I guess the greater part of National songs are like a comfortable blanket: could work amazingly well in a clubshow but at a festival it just hits different. Like I said: last show of the fest, yes. Otherwise: probably not, and they'll clash with plenty of other stuff anyways.

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

There will be some angry person on reddit saying they were taking four planes and three coaches to get to Barcelona (whilst spending their life savings) all just to see their three favourite bands Las Ligas Menores, OM and Joan Shelley and that Primavera is a disgrace.

"Las Ligas Menores out. Seriously, why are all the artists I planned to see dropping out? They played a month ago in my hometown, didn’t go because all my $$$ is going to Primavera. Now i’m left empty handed. Starting to feel like I shouldn’t have invested that much into this…"

Got to give Reddit people some props, they are nothing if not predictable...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, puckno said:

My list

W1 Th: Les Savy Fav, Dinosaur Jr
W1 Fr: Parquet Courts, Low
W1 Sa: Mavis Staples, DIIV
W2 Th: Mdou Moctar, Amyl And The Sniffers
W2 Fr: Brittany Howard, The Smile
W2 Sa: Rolling Coastal Blackouts Fever, Tame Impala

Thanks for the headsup on Mdou Moctar. More for W2 welcome.

Edited by Karl_Mcr

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

I actually never liked TWFM for some reason. Don’t know why, it’s a bit too samey after Boxer/High Violet.

I love Sleep Well Beast though. Seems like they found a second breath on that one. Guilty Party may be my fav song by them ever. (Next to Appartment Story)

I tried with Sleep Well Beast but I just couldn't get into it. I'm quite excited to give them another go live, though.

Last time I saw them was at Glastonbury before Foos and it was mainly new stuff and just couldn't get into it at all. I do think they are better suited to their own gigs than festivals actually, but definitely will see them unless a horrendous clash.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

My 2 per day non-headliners:

W1D1:   Dinosaur Jr, Black Lips

W1D2:  Warpaint, Fontaines D.C.

W1D3:  DIIV, Boy Harsher

W2D1:  Mdou Moctar, Metronomy

W2D2:  The Smile, Clairo (no RTJ! No TJ&MC!…)

W2D3:  Altin Gun, Molchat Doma

4 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I'm genuinely concerned that The National clashing with Parquet Courts could cause some irreparable tension between myself and the girlfriend.

🙂 🙂 in our occasion, we ll have  some drama if there's a clash between Beck and Low..

Edited by cortomaltese
spelling

Acts I'm jealous that W2 get:

9th: Interpol / Bicep

10th: M.I.A / Run the Jewels / The Smile

11th: Mogwai 

Wasn't enough to convince myself to do the full thing but props to those who are, your feet aren't gonna thank you

8 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I'm genuinely concerned that The National clashing with Parquet Courts could cause some irreparable tension between myself and the girlfriend.

I suggest you follow her to Parquet Courts, won't regret

1 minute ago, puckno said:

I suggest you follow her to Parquet Courts, won't regret

Good job at guessing that I was The National Stan, and she the Parquet Courts Queen 😉

I enjoy PC a lot, but I've seen them twice before and The National are the best live act I've ever seen (plus, one of my favourite bands of all time). It's a right dilemma

On 5/17/2022 at 11:16 PM, Rhak said:

Pavement

Cave

les savy fav

jawbox

mavis staples

(turnstile) 

OK, I'd like to add my 5-10 ones too:

- Little Simz: that last record really is something

- Sharon Van Etten

- Shame (haven't seen them yet)

- Parquet Courts

- Autechre (although I don't know them that well)

(Slowdive as I'm not sure we'll get in)

I have to say I've never had any issue getting into the club shows, even when the bigger draws were there in previous years & our group got into the queue early, the Apolo never filled up until 1-2hrs into the show. 

With so many more this year & spread out across the city I'm thinking it will be the same.

Just now, livenstu said:

I have to say I've never had any issue getting into the club shows, even when the bigger draws were there in previous years & our group got into the queue early, the Apolo never filled up until 1-2hrs into the show. 

With so many more this year & spread out across the city I'm thinking it will be the same.

Totally the same experience.

I think some underestimate how many people are too tired, have better things to do, are locals at work or have gone home.

In the end Barcelona has so many obvious charms, people don't want to spend precious hours queuing.

9 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Good job at guessing that I was The National Stan, and she the Parquet Courts Queen 😉

I enjoy PC a lot, but I've seen them twice before and The National are the best live act I've ever seen (plus, one of my favourite bands of all time). It's a right dilemma

She has excellent taste, go and see PC.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Totally the same experience.

I think some underestimate how many people are too tired, have better things to do, are locals at work or have gone home.

In the end Barcelona has so many obvious charms, people don't want to spend precious hours queuing.

I've never been to a club show - because of all these reasons. I'm aiming to rectify that this time but every other year, ive had flights to catch, or killer hangovers, or just a nice spot on the beach!

Thinking I'll try Little Simz on the Sunday of weekend 1 if I don't catch her at the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Thinking I'll try Little Simz on the Sunday of weekend 1 if I don't catch her at the weekend. 

I think the two shows that it will be hard to get into are Beck and Little Simz on Sunday, partly because they are both on the very clashy Friday and many people will skip them on the forum and wait till Sunday. the rest of the city shows I don't think will be too crowdy

I might do the same as you, hope Poble Espanol is big enough (never been there- how big is it?)