Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Like the mid week shows you'll also get entry to this - I'm also hoping it's a chance to get the wristbands & saving a trip to the forum before Thurs

At Poble Espanyol in the city (well, about 30min walk from Avinguda del Paral·lel)

Priority for people with both weekend tickets or no?

18 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

This. One of my all time favs, but seen them half a dozen times now and the current material just doesn't hit the same as the old songs.

I'm excited to see them now though. If a band needed a break, it was them. With new songs and some none-regulars mixed in the set, its guaranteed to be a great show.

Cant argue with any of this. 

Excited to see them too - but slight reservation that their festival shows don't hit quite as well as their standalone indoor shows. 

Still, a gem of a band and I can't wait to see them. 

My list

W1 Th: Les Savy Fav, Dinosaur Jr
W1 Fr: Parquet Courts, Low
W1 Sa: Mavis Staples, DIIV
W2 Th: Mdou Moctar, Amyl And The Sniffers
W2 Fr: Brittany Howard, The Smile
W2 Sa: Rolling Coastal Blackouts Fever, Tame Impala

Yeah those responses re: the national make sense, will be my first time so I'm incredibly excited. Then can play whatever they like for my money although I'd be over the moon if they slipped Conversation 16 in there. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Weirdly I don't see a lot of people bigging up The National as one of their main acts. Easily up there in the top five for me, cannot wait. 

They used to be my second favourite act after Cave but I haven't been keen on the last two albums. I'll still be there, though, shouting for Terrible Love, Vanderlyle, Abel and England...

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah those responses re: the national make sense, will be my first time so I'm incredibly excited. Then can play whatever they like for my money although I'd be over the moon if they slipped Conversation 16 in there. 

Wow I love that song. Absolutely anything off Alligator, Boxer, High Violet and TWFM would do me.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The Liminanas, who are absolutely brilliant live, look a perfect fit location and date-wise for Hidden.

Agree. Seen them several times and each time they absolutely blew me away. They deserve to be so much bigger ….. but I kind of like them a best kept secret too 😁

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wow I love that song. Absolutely anything off Alligator, Boxer, High Violet and TWFM would do me.

I actually never liked TWFM for some reason. Don’t know why, it’s a bit too samey after Boxer/High Violet.

I love Sleep Well Beast though. Seems like they found a second breath on that one. Guilty Party may be my fav song by them ever. (Next to Appartment Story)

The National are pretty much the reason my group have tickets 😀

Seen them loads but still top of my list for the festival. I think their last album is some of the best work they've done. 

Outside of that I think Gorillaz are my most anticipated act; I never thought I'd say that after Glastonbury 2010 but here we are. After that probably Sharpn Van Etten, Warpaint and DJ Shadow. 

The National are one of my favourite bands, their concerts are always very enjoyable and I would be definitely very happy to see them on Primavera this year. But the talk here is always about the acts you can't miss no matter what and when when replying to these questions I tend to think about acts I've never seen before. So, everyone go see The National, they're great!

9 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Well I really hope you enjoy it, I used to really like them, I seem to be going against the flow here but last time I saw them at Primavera I thought they were terrible, I stayed for 3 numbers and moved on, maybe it was my position in the crowd but the vocals were shockingly bad...

With the prime timeslot the national will have there will be some very good names at the other stages. The National feels to me like a household name that have been around forever and will stay around forever, and tbh I get a little bored of their live performances even though they are ok. I guess I will have other priorities. Each to their own taste!

I first saw The National at Pukkelpop, the year they released Alligator. Invigorating show. And I keep thinking of those songs as my favourite. I've seen them a few times since but lately their live shows are a bit of a snooze fest for me, especially at festivals. I'd probably watch if it was the last show of the evening but at primavera I'd be scared to have the fatigue fall over me and not be able to enjoy the rest of the night

I'm also pretty amazed at the amount of people attending the whole shabang, 2 weekends. I don't think my family would have been really happy with that but wonder whether my body would have been either. I'm not the type to take it easy at festivals (both in walking tons of km to see all the stuff i wanted to see as well as having a party with dj coco). Much props to all of you who are going for it