Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I reckon because a headliner has cancelled from WK1 (Massive Attack) and they haven't replaced them they thought it was only fair to take a headliner from WK2 to even it up a bit. 

Unlucky Dua. 

But Massive Attack cancelled for weekend 2 as well 😞

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I reckon because a headliner has cancelled from WK1 (Massive Attack) and they haven't replaced them they thought it was only fair to take a headliner from WK2 to even it up a bit. 

Unlucky Dua. 

Both weekends lost MA 😞

Primavera was probably never listed on her website and I personally won’t be watching her anyway. 

But if they do announce tomorrow that Dua Lipa, Playboi Carti, Japanese Breakfast, Las Ligas Menores & Girl In Red have all also cancelled, the backlash will inevitably (& understandably) be mental.

People obsessing over their (notoriously changeable and glitchy) website and now combing through the damn back-end database stuff to spot any minor changes is something I don't remember ever happening before.

Can't people just, like, chill a bit until they actually officially announce it? I don't remember it ever being this bad and I'm not sure why people are so desperate to hunt for it all. It comes when they've boxed it all off, and clearly not a minute before that.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Worth remembering that some cancellations will be of bands you wanted to see but would have clashed with bands you wanted to see even more...

Finger will be on the trigger to buy Dinosaur Jr. Manchester tickets when they inevitably play opposite Tame Impala. 

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Worth remembering that some cancellations will be of bands you wanted to see but would have clashed with bands you wanted to see even more...

Pretty sure the clashes in W1 D2 (strongest lineup in my opinion) will break my heart.

5 minutes ago, Bram said:

Pretty sure the clashes in W1 D2 (strongest lineup in my opinion) will break my heart.

I think I counted 20 acts I wanna see that day. Obviously some more than others but it's still huge. With 3 headliners I gotta assume I can see maybe 5 undercards max. 

6 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

To get to Prima I just need to beat this incredibly new infectious covid strain that is absolutely smashing Portugal right now and......monkeypox??

Yep and war in Europe and the worst cost of living crisis in 40 years.

This is god’s revenge for the Black Eyed Peas.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Rina:

So so gutted to be missing her on the Wednesday and I’ll be even more gutted if she ends up amongst a clash on the Thursday. The bits I’ve seen from her Coachella set looked so good.

Agreed, I think she’ll be brilliant. I’m fully expecting her and Caroline Polachek out with Charli XCX too

Yeah glad I booked the guaranteed entry to Rina on opening day, although by the looks of things it'll be easy entry. Frees up 3 slots on the first proper day of the festival for other acts. 

She's a future pop icon IMO. 

1 hour ago, Float said:

Both weekends lost MA 😞

Primavera was probably never listed on her website and I personally won’t be watching her anyway. 

But if they do announce tomorrow that Dua Lipa, Playboi Carti, Japanese Breakfast, Las Ligas Menores & Girl In Red have all also cancelled, the backlash will inevitably (& understandably) be mental.

Cross one off that list 😞

280653590_2035554156625967_1578739844852049567_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

Sky Ferreira just announced a new song and it arrives next week!

I'm starting to believe that her new music will be released sooner than Primavera set times lol

The new My Bloody Valentine will be released before the set times

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1