Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

something doesn't add up with the stage names there. Tame Impala at 23:10 means Estralla is one of the Mordor, the new Heineken probably.

but the other two- both seems to be the new Ray-Ban. or in other words, can't be Mordor (I don't see King Gizzard and Warpaint on one of the main stages at this hours, and same goes to Simz, Bikini Kill)

so one of these two is the new RayBan, what is the other? they changed the name for Primavera stage? why? three mid-level stages?

9 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

something doesn't add up with the stage names there. Tame Impala at 23:10 means Estralla is one of the Mordor, the new Heineken probably.

but the other two- both seems to be the new Ray-Ban. or in other words, can't be Mordor (I don't see King Gizzard and Warpaint on one of the main stages at this hours, and same goes to Simz, Bikini Kill)

so one of these two is the new RayBan, what is the other? they changed the name for Primavera stage? why? three mid-level stages?

Check the poster, the four biggest strategic partners are Estrella, Pull & Bear, Binance, and Cupra.

Thus, Estrella and Pull & Bear are the two Mordor stages, Binance is likely the old Primavera Stage, and Cupra is likely the old Ray Ban Stage given that it lists DJ Shadow at 3am.

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Check the poster, the four biggest strategic partners are Estrella, Pull & Bear, Binance, and Cupra.

Thus, Estrella and Pull & Bear are the two Mordor stages, Binance is likely the old Primavera Stage, and Cupra is likely the old Ray Ban Stage given that it lists DJ Shadow at 3am.

I don't see any reason to change the name of Primavera stage, but possibly

I still think it's bogus

5 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Unless the layout changes on the Friday, it also means that Binance has the Ray-Ban slots.

3 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Not really saying this as a complaint, more as a general curiosity....is there any other festival that leaves timetable info so late as Prima?

Last year at End of the Road my tent was all setup before the timetable was released

Edited by BenjoDiMeo

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

At least Primavera gives you the time to cry about it on a forum

ha, it gives me heaps of time to make up my absolutely delusional lists of bands I will see (I end up seeing like 1/3 in the end and just trying to not of what could be)

Also, Primavera aren’t usually this late with the timetable, right? Seems it’s very much to do with them preparing for the worst with regards to dropouts considering the state of the world and touring artists and wanting to have to amend the timetable as little as possible between it coming out and the festival. 

10 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Not really saying this as a complaint, more as a general curiosity....is there any other festival that leaves timetable info so late as Prima?

I think we'll probably see lots of festivals releasing timetables late because of the current situation and wanting to get things as confirmed as they can. There's no point releasing a timetable and then have to deal with more artists dropping out and shifting stuff around.

5 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

ha, it gives me heaps of time to make up my absolutely delusional lists of bands I will see (I end up seeing like 1/3 in the end and just trying to not of what could be)

It feels like I just looked into the mirror...

Boomtown is another one where it's completely sold out and the entire lineup is being kept a secret until closer to the festival (aside from some self-confirms). Given how wildly varied Boomtown is it's a real crapshoot.