Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, evilduck said:

This is my first time going to Primavera, we've got an apartment not far from Glories so looks like the T4 tram should do us fine there and back if its running. Is usually a big queue/wait for the tram? I had good experiences at Mad Cool with the Madrid public transport, hoping this is similar!

Nope. Tram queue is the best compare to Taxi, Bus and early morning train

1 minute ago, Gregorick said:

Yeah the website really isn't well partitioned anymore.

1 minute ago, Gregorick said:

Well, it looks like Weekend 1 wouldn't be the weaker one after all. 

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Not sure if it's crap, it's just the way they've put it together to probably be a bit more lightweight with all the festivals they're running now and the acts that are shared across them.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Not sure if it's crap, it's just the way they've put it together to probably be a bit more lightweight with all the festivals they're running now and the acts that are shared across them.

I guess we have different definition of crap... my definition is seeing this on the site:image.png.a72684f6d5000a6f71fc7c1af75672b8.png

4 hours ago, Gregorick said:

I have been going to Primavera since 2009. What initially drew me to the festival was the incredible lineups and want to get away from the usual British festival crowd and to not camp.

I now basically can't go back to the old ways. Sleeping in a proper bed (even with the weird day/night shifts my body has to become accustomed to) is a treat and my old age thanks me. Being able to get up walk around the city, buy some fruit, do some yoga on the beach, go for a swim is a godsend compared to walking the tent filled wastelands of British festivals.

The crowds at each show are generally really good. I think there is a really relaxed vibe and sometimes that does divulge into a little bit too much chatting near the back of some things but generally its nice and people are there to actually see the music not just be wild and free.

Although a lot of the build up to Primavera aggravates me (why is their communication so bad?) once you are in there it seems so well organised. I nearly always feel that acts are on the right stage at the right time (a few key exceptions). Of those stages some of them just feel magical, seeing that last set on the Ray-Ban stage, chilling on the grass at the back of Primavera stage, the underground club-like feel of the warehouse last time and the spectacle of seeing something delicate in the Auditorium all feel special. The grounds are also great, I refer back to a previous post that noted how the lack of camping means that when you enter it's like the site is brand new again.

The booking is always exemplary. It all comes down to personal taste of course but one look at the critical consensus of the majority of bands booked would show that they are looking for the brightest and best performers. The fact that I could redo the festival 2 or 3 times and see completely different artists that I would love is amazing and also there is very rarely anything playing that I despise, which compared to elsewhere is an impressive feat. Also knowing that on the fly I can just switch modes and decide 'do I want to mosh to The Armed? Relax to Cigarettes After Sex? or go and dance to D. Tiffany?' is wonderful.

It has certainly grown a lot more commercial and pop-friendly since I started going and the crowd has changed a bit more compared to the old days (no longer is it just 30 something white dudes in Sunn O))) shirts) but in a lot of ways it's been for the better. Primavera has embraced diversity and its resulted in a more vibrant and inclusive festival and us old dudes still have the option to go and see Lightning Bolt, Les Savy Fav and Dinosaur Jr like back when I first went. I like the fact that regardless of its new found direction it still is a million miles away from Coachella or Glastonbury and very few attendees see it as a festival to be seen at and instead it is still seen as a celebration of great music.

Anyway, I cannot wait to be back there!

Thanks for the heads up on The Armed, literally listening to them for the first time this afternoon & loving it.  Any other recommends welcome!

I saw The Armed at 2000Trees a few years ago. Went in without having any idea who they were/what was on and it was absolutely insane.  A genuinely ridiculous live experience like nothing else I've ever seen before. Definitely go and see them if you have a free spot.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I saw The Armed at 2000Trees a few years ago. Went in without having any idea who they were/what was on and it was absolutely insane.  A genuinely ridiculous live experience like nothing else I've ever seen before. Definitely go and see them if you have a free spot.

See them even if you don't have free spot - they will definitely be better than whatever you were planning to watch

Anyone for a game of "For Fans Of"?

Pretty simple, if there's an act you think fans of another band will also enjoy, and vice versa, post it! For example, for fans of...

Cigarettes After Sex <--> Beach House

Little Simz <--> Rapsody

Autechre <--> Squarepusher

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Anyone for a game of "For Fans Of"?

Pretty simple, if there's an act you think fans of another band will also enjoy, and vice versa, post it! For example, for fans of...

Cigarettes After Sex <--> Beach House

Little Simz <--> Rapsody

Autechre <--> Squarepusher

please stop giving them perfect clash ideas

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

From dodgy Exiliados website.

Timings and stage names seem credible to me…

image.png.a664176a337b1ec26d76229780280fac.png

I agree this looks credible. So I take it that the three Friday headliners will play on Mordor in between Fontaines DC and Caribou.

Bauhaus will likely get 75 minutes, given that Idles starts 80 minutes later at what used to be the Ray-Ban Stage. I wonder where and what time Einsturzende Neubauten will play that day then.

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I agree this looks credible. So I take it that the three Friday headliners will play on Mordor in between Fontaines DC and Caribou.

Bauhaus will likely get 75 minutes, given that Idles starts 80 minutes later at what used to be the Ray-Ban Stage. I wonder where and what time Einsturzende Neubauten will play that day then.

how is it credible when Bauhaus are playing on a completely different day on the festival poster