Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Curiosity had me check out the prices of that RHCP gig ... This new Dynamic Pricing has Ticketmaster looking for €250.

That's the future, that is.

So depressing. On other hand initially will just be for big stadium acts and I’m hoping to be dead by the time it becomes for all events.

On Hidden, must be surely. With increased capacity, you can’t reduce the number of stages!

4 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Curiosity had me check out the prices of that RHCP gig ... This new Dynamic Pricing has Ticketmaster looking for €250.

bought mine for like €95 months ago... Still a lot but far from 250

8 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

That is criminal 😞 

My partner is a massive fan otherwise I wouldn’t be going. Seeing Nas & Thundercat makes it worthwhile, plus we got seats to rest the feet for a night haha. 
I’m pretty sure we only paid around €80 per ticket although that was a few months back. 

Edited by Float

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm also going to the Chillis! 

But aren't doors for that at 10pm? Not sure you'll be making a gig after... 

Livenation have doors as TBA with RHCP due to play at 10pm, should all be over for about 11:45pm.

Edited by Float

I have been going to Primavera since 2009. What initially drew me to the festival was the incredible lineups and want to get away from the usual British festival crowd and to not camp.

I now basically can't go back to the old ways. Sleeping in a proper bed (even with the weird day/night shifts my body has to become accustomed to) is a treat and my old age thanks me. Being able to get up walk around the city, buy some fruit, do some yoga on the beach, go for a swim is a godsend compared to walking the tent filled wastelands of British festivals.

The crowds at each show are generally really good. I think there is a really relaxed vibe and sometimes that does divulge into a little bit too much chatting near the back of some things but generally its nice and people are there to actually see the music not just be wild and free.

Although a lot of the build up to Primavera aggravates me (why is their communication so bad?) once you are in there it seems so well organised. I nearly always feel that acts are on the right stage at the right time (a few key exceptions). Of those stages some of them just feel magical, seeing that last set on the Ray-Ban stage, chilling on the grass at the back of Primavera stage, the underground club-like feel of the warehouse last time and the spectacle of seeing something delicate in the Auditorium all feel special. The grounds are also great, I refer back to a previous post that noted how the lack of camping means that when you enter it's like the site is brand new again.

The booking is always exemplary. It all comes down to personal taste of course but one look at the critical consensus of the majority of bands booked would show that they are looking for the brightest and best performers. The fact that I could redo the festival 2 or 3 times and see completely different artists that I would love is amazing and also there is very rarely anything playing that I despise, which compared to elsewhere is an impressive feat. Also knowing that on the fly I can just switch modes and decide 'do I want to mosh to The Armed? Relax to Cigarettes After Sex? or go and dance to D. Tiffany?' is wonderful.

It has certainly grown a lot more commercial and pop-friendly since I started going and the crowd has changed a bit more compared to the old days (no longer is it just 30 something white dudes in Sunn O))) shirts) but in a lot of ways it's been for the better. Primavera has embraced diversity and its resulted in a more vibrant and inclusive festival and us old dudes still have the option to go and see Lightning Bolt, Les Savy Fav and Dinosaur Jr like back when I first went. I like the fact that regardless of its new found direction it still is a million miles away from Coachella or Glastonbury and very few attendees see it as a festival to be seen at and instead it is still seen as a celebration of great music.

Anyway, I cannot wait to be back there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Instinct says today for the timetables now - but zero evidence for this!

There shouldn't be that many new cancellations seeing as they only updated the lineup less than three weeks ago. Perhaps a couple more only. And some replacements to balance.

Do still think Fatoumata Diawara's tour dates are very suspicious. Has to be there surely.

I'd say so. 

Wonder if the hold up is because we might be getting Suede? Playing an as yet unsold out show at the Razzmatazz tomorrow night, might be announced along with the timetable the day after. 

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

I'd say so. 

Wonder if the hold up is because we might be getting Suede? Playing an as yet unsold out show at the Razzmatazz tomorrow night, might be announced along with the timetable the day after. 

I'd like to hope they wouldn't hold an entire timetable over 1 act, especially one that isn't THAT big (no offence Suede).

28 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

I have been going to Primavera since 2009. What initially drew me to the festival was the incredible lineups and want to get away from the usual British festival crowd and to not camp.

Anyway, I cannot wait to be back there!

Wow, very nicely summarized, captures the essence of Primavera perfectly, even made me a little emotional. 

• Thanks 1