Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera have added Girl In Red to Primavera LA in September. 
Making up for her not being able to play in two weeks or a positive sign she's confident she'll be back performing soon?

Don’t think it means anything for us - she could be expecting to be fully recovered by September but two weeks time is a different thing entirely and I expect she’ll unfortunately be out. 

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Loving reading everyone’s top 5s. Here’s mine:

The Strokes

The Smile

Tame Impala

Lorde

Khruangbin

Only weekend one, but still hard to only pick five:

Beach House

Little Simz

The Strokes

Black Country, New Road

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

(And Shellac as always)

3 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Does the top name of the day in the auditorium (like autechre) clash  with headliners usually?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yes, with one of the headliners, normally.

Last act on Auditori finishes immediately before the first headliners according to the last couple of years of clashfinders.

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very unexpected. Now a must-see!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What kind of music is Evian Christ? Appreciate this is very lazy of me.

After seeing him at Sonar I'd suggest going and see something, anything, else. It's just a flashy light show designed to distract from the fact the accompanying tunes are ironic trance and trap DJ'd very loud. Just felt like a bit of a joke act up against genuinely moving and thrilling stuff like Arca/OPN/Forest Swords/Holly Herndon who were also playing the same day/s.

I have no idea how he gets slots like this and Sonar given his lack of any actual discography. Fair play to him for blagging it but it's just baffling.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

After seeing him at Sonar I'd suggest going and see something, anything, else. It's just a flashy light show designed to distract from the fact the accompanying tunes are ironic trance and trap DJ'd very loud. Just felt like a bit of a joke act up against genuinely moving and thrilling stuff like Arca/OPN/Forest Swords/Holly Herndon who were also playing the same day/s.

I have no idea how he gets slots like this and Sonar given his lack of any actual discography. Fair play to him for blagging it but it's just baffling.

Really good to know, great feedback.

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Basically living off production credits on Yeezus and Atrocity Exhibition 

(Or atleast that's the only reason I know him)

Edited by TapeRecorder

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Dunno why but I thought we already had it semi confirmed, or at least were predicting, that Evian Christ would be in the auditori. That’s where he was in my head, anyway. 

Given his danceable Evian's sets are, I certainly wasn't expecting it. 

Regarding his music: the mashup of ironic trance/trap/Europop bangers and more experimental soundscapes is what I love about it.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

-Weyes Blood

-Kacey Musgraves 

-Charli XCX

-Tyler The Creator 

-Nick Cave 

Beach House is one of my fave bands ever but I’ve seen them so many times and I think they’ll clash with Tyler.

God I hope Beach House does clash with Tyler. I'm afraid they'll clash with Gorillaz. 

God I could do with a surprise overnight timetable drop. 

With the two main stages being opposite one another, do you get people who stand at the back for the act currently on in preparation of being at the front for the next act when everyone turns round?

What i'm picturing right now seems bonkers - but will actually kinda work?

7 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

With the two main stages being opposite one another, do you get people who stand at the back for the act currently on in preparation of being at the front for the next act when everyone turns round?

What i'm picturing right now seems bonkers - but will actually kinda work?

They may be opposite each other but are still a fair distance away so if you’re right in front of one you’re basically way too far back to really see/hear the other (iirc - haven’t been since ‘17 so pretty hazy on that). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They may be opposite each other but are still a fair distance away so if you’re right in front of one you’re basically way too far back to really see/hear the other (iirc - haven’t been since ‘17 so pretty hazy on that). 

Ahh i see. I think i took someone 'turn around' comment literally!

Cant wait now, nothing better than arriving at a festival for the first time and having a mooch around, completely aimlessly soaking up everything thats to come for the net few days.

25 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

why would you wish this, get em clashing gorillaz that you can see for fairly cheap. Tyler is an expensive gig!

This is me trying to barter with the timetable gods - for me, the lesser of two evils in the clash would be Tyler with Beach House. That's an easy pick for me. But Gorillaz (or Nick Cave) would be much tougher. 

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Haha fair enough!